Diff upgrades?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Diff upgrades? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well i had to remove the diff from the car because i snapped a CV stub off well because I ...
    blackax is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Diff upgrades?

Well i had to remove the diff from the car because i snapped a CV stub off well because I have the diff out is there any upgrades I can/should do to it before it goes back in?

I'm going to order gforce axles tomorrow but I was also thinking of a TCperformance Diff girdle

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BirdmanTamu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Diff upgrades?

Perhaps a new poly bushing for the front mount (if you don't have one already). It'll get rid of the diff specific clunk that will eventually happen when the OEM bushing disintegrates over time.

I have CS poly mounts all the way around

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I'd take one step at a time. Do the axles first, then decide. If you've got a 3rd or 4th Gen diff, you'll probably be okay just with the axles.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I have a 3rd gen So I hope its strong enough...I'll be looking it over for any cracks on the outside and the inside of the case. I'm also going to replace the axle seals. one got destroyed with the axle and the other one is dented kind of hard. And then give the case a good once over with some black paint just to make it sexy lol

GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

How about one of these ?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
    How about one of these ?
    Where would I have to take the car? (from Houston, Texas area) How long would installation take?

GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Where would I have to take the car? (from Houston, Texas area) How long would installation take?
    We have a dealer just outside Fort Worth, SNL Performance that can do the install or you can bring it up here.
    Installation takes a couple days.

Thanks
    Chris

How about one of these ?

]
    Wanna do a Danna 44 :-P lol

And it really did cross my mind it s just a little out of my price range as of right now but If i need to take my diff out again for any reason im goinng but one (its been out twice in less then a month)

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    We have a dealer just outside Fort Worth, SNL Performance that can do the install or you can bring it up here.
    Installation takes a couple days.

Thanks
    Chris
    You thinking about the diff darkman? I think its about time for you to make another trip up north and pay us Dallas Vs a visit.

SNL is a good shop...they will do a great job.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    You thinking about the diff darkman? I think its about time for you to make another trip up north and pay us Dallas Vs a visit.

SNL is a good shop...they will do a great job.
    I wil likely get one those diffs, it is just a matter of time. i am booked up right now, but I would be up for a V-meet in a couple months.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.