Advice on Lingenfelter conversion please - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Advice on Lingenfelter conversion please in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; In about 2 weeks I too am going to order a TVS. I'm more set on the 2300 for future ...
    tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Re: Advice on Lingenfelter conversion please

In about 2 weeks I too am going to order a TVS. I'm more set on the 2300 for future motor plans, but will also be asking the price of both 1900 and 2300 and probably decide then.
    My advice is contact Thomas at Hendrix engineering, as stated by many can get the lowest prices on Maggies. He can also get hold of the other parts needed to make a kit for the TVS.
    You can then bring it to an installer of your choice.
    If you are going to use a boost-a-pump for your set up, I would scrap the magnavolt maggie offers and go with a Kenne Bell.
    Also the Tvs blowers are supposed to be quieter than the maggies of old but if you want some whine back I believe you can get a rear cog set up for them aswell.
    No headers on a blower set up makes no sense to me, you want more air in more exhaust out. Headers also will reduce boost pressure which is a good thing, less pressure less heat. That's less pressure but with more power.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by tommy compton View Post
    Headers also will reduce boost pressure which is a good thing, less pressure less heat. That's less pressure but with more power.
    Wise words few understand! "But I lost x psi of boost"!

Boost is only a measure of restriction and the less restriction you have the better off you are.

JNR
    JNR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Boost is simply the pressure of air above atmospheric inside the manifold/then cylinders -or basically additional air beyond what would normally be possible is forced into the combustion chamber- and by adding the proper amount of fuel to this increased displacement of sorts, you get the extra power beyond normally aspirated (atmosperic) and a N/A will never have 100% efficiency either...You really start noticing this more at higher elevations where the atmospheric "weight" of air goes down (from 14.7 lbs/sq in at sea level) Of course, with pressure you get heat, so that is addressed with cooling the air somehow (air, liquid-air, water/meth injection)

If you change the pulley, you will increase the boost and make up for any loss, although you run the risk of extra heat and going lean easier (less dense mixture). it can be addressed, but just saying.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.