Custom Cold Air Intake, 102mm MAF, 90mm TPIS TB, FAST 92mm and 42lb SVO green tops
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Custom Cold Air Intake, 102mm MAF, 90mm TPIS TB, FAST 92mm and 42lb SVO green tops in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Not 100% complete, but gives you an idea what is going on. You can see where we pulled a section ...
    verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

Custom Cold Air Intake, 102mm MAF, 90mm TPIS TB, FAST 92mm and 42lb SVO green tops

Not 100% complete, but gives you an idea what is going on. You can see where we pulled a section of the intake to the radiator to direct flow in. This thing flows. Had to change the tune dramatically this weekend, but this thing pulls hard past 7k. IAT temps were monitored and the box is doing its job. I will be coating the box with heat/sound deadener this weekend.

very disappointed in Lingenfelter. They sent the pigtail for the MAF with wire exposed.

Open for comments.

Still need to install my fuel rails & 390lph fuel pump.

Cam and valve springs are next on my list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

junoreactor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied CTS-V

Re: Custom Cold Air Intake, 102mm MAF, 90mm TPIS TB, FAST 92mm and 42lb SVO green top

That looks beautiful. It's obvious just looking at the pics for a couple of seconds that you really put a lot of thought into it. Thumbs up!

jcollege is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Re: Custom Cold Air Intake, 102mm MAF, 90mm TPIS TB, FAST 92mm and 42lb SVO green top

Wow great work, love the design!

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Beautiful! You really think you need the harsh elements sock though? Other reason?

that is a stainless filter, no oils so to not mess with the MAF. That sock just helps keep dust out. Sure doesn' hurt anything. 20.00, right?

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by verywhitedevil View Post
    that is a stainless filter, no oils so to not mess with the MAF. That sock just helps keep dust out. Sure doesn' hurt anything. 20.00, right?
    Ah gotcha. Yeah I can't see it reducing flow enough to really matter, maybe very slightly but not enough to matter.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Great work, but i wouldnt have put a 90mm tb on a 102 intake...Why not go all the way and get the 102 tb to compliment the 102 intake...

Also the SVO have a smaller nozzle at the end then tha bosche, and you would have gained about 5-10 hp more from mid to the top...

Love the little indent you made for the rad support

the intake is a ported FAST 92mm, not a 102. The 102mm is the Mass Air Flow. These injectors are flow matched and work great. Doubt you would ever feel that 5hp anyways.

V-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic

Looks great!! I'm doing things the other way around - I started with the cam (Thunder Racing "CheaTR" cam) and valve springs (Patriot Performance Gold duals) - now I'm looking at the FAST intake manifolds and TBs. I have a modified Volant CAI - but I'd guess it doesn't flow like your set-up does! Great work!

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

great work on heat shield. looks 20xs better then my Lingenfelter CAI. which was double the price your setup... only thing i would change would be to use some rubber weather stripping along edges to seal it off completely from the engine bay. under load your engine will def be pulling in hot engine bay air, might as well go all out since your increased your potential flow so drastically..

on vids at WOT and maybe some dyno #s when you're all setup

QUOTE=shadybx7;2498439] on vids at WOT and maybe some dyno #s when you're all setup[/QUOTE]

[

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    on vids at WOT and maybe some dyno #s when you're all setup

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.