ls6 mods - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, ls6 mods in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; "Peaky?" As in Kansas?...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: ls6 mods

"Peaky?" As in Kansas?

z28dogg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ctsv

well i meant whats the average hp gains from a maggie? I want to believe maggie is a no brainer, i really do, so maybe it would help if people posted results from maggie setups.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Most maggies ended up about 450 rwhp give or take 20 hp.

The drive train loss in the V is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by z28dogg View Post
    ... maybe it would help if people posted results from maggie setups.
    "Results?" Dyno? 1/4 mile?

I've posted up my dyno results several times. Don't have 1/4 mile.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Everyone gets tunnel vision with the MAX hp number. Don't forget, a Maggie makes over 400rwtq at 3K rpm.
    Most people don't DIY cam jobs. So I'll guess a cam/intake/TB is over $3000, on the cheap side. For the extra $1500, I get instant torque and (as I always say) I can enjoy it without going ball out.

just sayin.....

CI-V-IL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven Black CTS-V

Stepping in...First off, I love the sound of a choppy idle and the power a cam can provide up top, but i've always been a big fan of forced induction. I believe this stemmed from my 99 gtp that was factory rated with 240hp but can outrun many "sports cars" on the street. Now mind you, the gtp isnt a powerhouse by any means. But with that in mind, a lot can be said about the torque a blower can provide at lower rpm's and the fun that can be had down there!

Although....I have always been very curious as to the superfluous costs of required/recommended supporting mods for the maggie. I'm not talking about headers, intake, etc...but items such as fuel system upgrades (pump, injectors), boost gauges, widebands (if needed), etc. I'm very unfamiliar with the items provided with the maggie kit, so if these are included I apologize. But can anybody give me an idea as to the amount of $ spent on these supporting mods?

I guess it all comes down to, what sound would you rather have....blower whine or a choppy lope?!?!? Haha.

V-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic

Quote Originally Posted by CI-V-IL View Post
    I guess it all comes down to, what sound would you rather have....blower whine or a choppy lope?!?!? Haha.
    That's a great question!! I'm a Harley guy, so what does that tell you?? LOL

Guy <-- cam'd LS2

(But I do admit to having "Maggie envy" on occassion - usually associated with the video of a dyno run.)

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Stepping in...First off, I love the sound of a choppy idle and the power a cam can provide up top, but i've always been a big fan of forced induction. I believe this stemmed from my 99 gtp that was factory rated with 240hp but can outrun many "sports cars" on the street. Now mind you, the gtp isnt a powerhouse by any means. But with that in mind, a lot can be said about the torque a blower can provide at lower rpm's and the fun that can be had down there!

Although....I have always been very curious as to the superfluous costs of required/recommended supporting mods for the maggie. I'm not talking about headers, intake, etc...but items such as fuel system upgrades (pump, injectors), boost gauges, widebands (if needed), etc. I'm very unfamiliar with the items provided with the maggie kit, so if these are included I apologize. But can anybody give me an idea as to the amount of $ spent on these supporting mods?
    Maggie is a complete kit that most people can do themselves. It comes with injectors, a boost-a-pump (some hate it, some have no problems with it) and a flash tool to upload their tune into your PCM. You don't need any supporting mods. Maybe a couple tools you don't have and coolant. Gauges are nice to have, but that's up to you. My Maggie probably cost me $4600.

Yes, it all come down to what works for you. I thought about a cam. But I'd have to drop my car off with someone and let them tell me what I need. The DIY factor of a Maggie carried a lot of weight. The low RPM grunt was an unexpected bonus that really makes me feel I made the right choice.

Tony

V= 4 Harleys.

That is what I told the cop who stopped me for "excessive noise".

Still got a ticket.

Okay, that really did make me laugh out loud.

I have a newbie question - this discussion of "cam vs. FI" makes it sound like it's an "either/or" situation. I have a cam in my car (LS2 CheaTR cam, 215/230 .629/.592 117 LSA) and I'm adding B&B headers and exhaust this month - but is there any reason why I couldn't also add a Maggie at some point?

There are some cam/FI combos, but I wouldn't worry too much about adding a maggie sometime later.

After a lot of people do everything to the motor, they replace the motor instead of adding a maggie.

CI-V-IL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by V-Guy View Post
    Okay, that really did make me laugh out loud.

I have a newbie question - this discussion of "cam vs. FI" makes it sound like it's an "either/or" situation. I have a cam in my car (LS2 CheaTR cam, 215/230 .629/.592 117 LSA) and I'm adding B&B headers and exhaust this month - but is there any reason why I couldn't also add a Maggie at some point?
    There are quite a few good threads on Ltech regarding this. Many aggressive cams, will bleed off boost due to the overlap of the intake/exhaust valves. Give it a quick search.

The LS6 cam is a very desirable "budget" forced induction cam due to its characteristics. There are also many aftermarket "blower cams" available!

Quote Originally Posted by V-Guy View Post
    ...But I do admit to having "Maggie envy" on occassion ...
    C'mon up to Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise this August, and I'll take you for a ride. If I can get lollygagger8 to make it this year, you can follow him up. He should have his ProCharger installed by then.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    C'mon up to Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise this August, and I'll take you for a ride. If I can get lollygagger8 to make it this year, you can follow him up. He should have his ProCharger installed by then.
    I will absolutely do that!!! Maybe we can talk lollygagger8 into bringing the rest of Tested on Animals for a Detroit gig!

There are quite a few good threads on Ltech regarding this. Many aggressive cams, will bleed off boost due to the overlap of the intake/exhaust valves. Give it a quick search.

The LS6 cam is a very desirable "budget" forced induction cam due to its characteristics. There are also many aftermarket "blower cams" available!
    I will check it out! Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.