V2 rotor/caliper retrofit for V1 cars - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, V2 rotor/caliper retrofit for V1 cars in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Pretty kickass, yooper!...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: V2 rotor/caliper retrofit for V1 cars

Pretty kickass, yooper!

catch2otwo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS_V

This has jumped up from the dream list to the reality list. Great work documenting your work. Its kick ass that they fit behind the stock hoops. So that ball park figure I think I read was 2600? for everything?

9t8z28 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Are our brakes not that good? I am really impressed with them, but I can't say too much since I have never tracked the car.

zzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v-xlr v

Yes they are that good the "OEM "calipers .But like in all motorsports / modifications/show cars/ race cars there is always that edge to make it better.

"GROUP BUY" on these rotors comming very very soon stay tuned I just need to get one more piece of info.

My rotors are the floating version but it looks like I will not be able to test track these untill after "SEMA"
    Attached Images

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Are our brakes not that good? I am really impressed with them, but I can't say too much since I have never tracked the car.
    I was always happy with my '04's braking. But my '09 V brakes better with 4200lbs than my '04 did with 3850. The V2 brakes are Herculean!. It's a pretty easy swap, so those looking for more need not go far.

And, remember, it's cheaper to gain 50-100ft in braking zones than it is on the straights...

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    And, remember, it's cheaper to gain 50-100ft in braking zones than it is on the straights...
    Da TRUTH
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    They fit and they work, and boy do they work! After proper bedding in of the rotors, we did a few comparison panic stops from 80 and 100 against an 08 Corvette convertable with the stability control turned off. (Hope my wife doesn't read this-her car)

The V was equiped with Bridgstone RE-11 tires in OEM size, PerformanceAFX 2pc fixed mount rotors, V2 calipers loaded with Cobalt Racing XR1 pads, while the Vette had OEM run craps and OEM brakes. The V consistently stopped in a little over half the distance of the Vette, even after switching drivers. I know, we should have used a Z06.
    Isn't this more a testament to the tires? The stock brakes on a C6 should be more than enough to engage ABS, especially with the crap GY GS:2 OEM tires. More brakes will not help past that point (except in fade resistance). I suspect the stock V1 brakes were more than enough to engage ABS on the RE-11's as well (though I've never used that tire).

A more interesting test would have been to measure the stopping distance of the V before and after. It would show whether the brake bias had been improved or worsened. Though having more fade resistance vs more ideal brake bias is probably a fair trade-off on a road course. On a street-driven car, in a panic stop, not so much.

That said, they look great and it's great to have this option available.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Actually I did measure the before and after and nothing was lost. I prefer to get some track time on this set up and then give a full report. After the first weekend in October we will know "the rest of the story".

Aurora40 all good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
    Isn't this more a testament to the tires? The stock brakes on a C6 should be more than enough to engage ABS, especially with the crap GY GS:2 OEM tires. More brakes will not help past that point (except in fade resistance). I suspect the stock V1 brakes were more than enough to engage ABS on the RE-11's as well (though I've never used that tire).

A more interesting test would have been to measure the stopping distance of the V before and after. It would show whether the brake bias had been improved or worsened. Though having more fade resistance vs more ideal brake bias is probably a fair trade-off on a road course. On a street-driven car, in a panic stop, not so much.

That said, they look great and it's great to have this option available.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Same project, different angle for those who prefer 5 lug wheels. Bob can give you whatever bolt pattern you wish. 5 x 120=CTSV2 & 5th gen Camaro options
    5 x 4.75=just about anything else.............

Sigfod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Just for a recap. The V2 calipers bolt up where the stock V1 calipers were with no adapter needed? Also these calipers will fit behind stock wheels?

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Actually I did measure the before and after and nothing was lost. I prefer to get some track time on this set up and then give a full report. After the first weekend in October we will know "the rest of the story".

Aurora40 all good points.
    Cool, thanks for the info. And I look forward to hearing how they do on the track.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfod View Post
    Just for a recap. The V2 calipers bolt up where the stock V1 calipers were with no adapter needed? Also these calipers will fit behind stock wheels?
    Yes as per yooper: The 12mm V1 steering knuckle caliper mounting bolt holes need to drilled out to 14mm to accept the V2 caliper mounting bolts. Once drilled this is a bolt-on upgrade
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

can you keep stock rotors?

zzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v-xlr v

Quote Originally Posted by lilgCTS-V View Post
    can you keep stock rotors?

No

The group buy will start tomorrow for these rotors and stay tuned for all the info and pricing

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    I wonder if V1 can attain sub-100 ft braking from 60mph with these?

Not really relevant from a purchasing perspective but would be a cool fact considering the benchmarks out there...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.