V2 rotor/caliper retrofit for V1 cars - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, V2 rotor/caliper retrofit for V1 cars in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Junior1 Hang out. I'm starting to get confused here. Are there 2 companies working on the same ...
    yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Re: V2 rotor/caliper retrofit for V1 cars

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    Hang out. I'm starting to get confused here.

Are there 2 companies working on the same thing now?
    The thread started out with Racing Brake but then yooper has been saying Coleman Racing.

Who's making the hats ? Racing Brake or Coleman or both ?
    Who's making the rings ? Racing Brake or Coleman or both ?

Is the set yooper is talking about have Racing Brake hats with Coleman rings ?

Just to make sure, nobody has the 2 piece set for V1's yet except for UUC (no longer made) and Performance Friction (no info on), correct?
    Great to be back. The nurse's took my laptop from me and someone stole it.

The V2 to V1 front 2pc rotors that PerformanceAFX is building utilizes Coleman Racing rings. There is no connection with Racing Brakes.

When Warren at Racing Brakes changed the minimum quantity for the V2 project, I purchased a set of Racing Brakes' 2pc V1 front rotors for evaluation.
    I have been running PerformanceAFX rear and Racing Brake front rotors on mt V1. Sorry if that created confusion. Junior1, I will be selling my used Racing Brake floating 2pc front rotors for V1 calipers in the near future.

I expect to have the PerformanceAFX 2pc front rotors and 6 piston OEM V2 calipers on my V1 in the next few weeks. (I did not do the math but I did get an opinion from a very reliable source that I can not disclose because of who he works for.)

My testing ground will Road America Road Course, we shall see what works best.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by CADZILA View Post
    Yes what happened to the Racing Brake upgrade rotors you all committed
    to purchasing? Same as when they did the rear rotors. When it's time to buy
    they jump ship. You know who you are......
    Now that a full set is available, I ordered Front and Rear.
    The only reason I didn't complete my order order the Rear, back when they were released, is because there was no Front V2 Rotor to go with it.

Anyone else getting these?
    Only 2 Days Left for the Pre-Order Discount.

The first five PerformanceAFX rotors will have slot pattern similar to this:
    rangerrob and rangerrob like this.

Yes what happened to the Racing Brake upgrade rotors you all committed
    to purchasing? Same as when they did the rear rotors. When it's time to buy
    they jump ship. You know who you are......
    If this comment was meant for me, I did buy front V1 rotors from Racing Brake, if not then please disregard. I think it is great that we have options now. A few months ago, none were available, now we have two sources.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

The Coleman option looks good and is better priced.
    Only thing bugging me was the Aluminum Drum on the Coleman Rear Rotors.
    I thought the Steel Drum of the Racing Brake Rear Rotors would be better.
    Did Racing Brake Raise their price from what they originally offered the complete [F/R] V2 Retrofit Kit for?

lunarx, I looked at that also and felt the heat dissaption of the all alum hat vs the steel liner was a plus. I use the E-brake as a parking brake only after the rotors cool down.
    My rear PerformanceAFX rotors with all alum hat are holding up well. A steel liner is required in Europe by law.

As for Racing Brake, Warren originally posted a min quantity of FIVE sets to bring the retro V2 to V1 rotors to market. A week later he changed his post on his website to 15 or 25 or whatever. I know it's expensive to build for such a small market and was quite disappointed when he raised the min qty. I wish he would have raised the price and built them months ago, as he is doing now. It would have been cheaper for me in the long run as I am still sitting on two sets of rear rotors. A very respected supporter of this forum has expressed interest in selling the PerformanceAFX rotors once proven!
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    lunarx, I looked at that also and felt the heat dissaption of the all alum hat vs the steel liner was a plus. I use the E-brake as a parking brake only after the rotors cool down.
    My rear PerformanceAFX rotors with all alum hat are holding up well. A steel liner is required in Europe by law.

As for Racing Brake, Warren originally posted a min quantity of FIVE sets to bring the retro V2 to V1 rotors to market. A week later he changed his post on his website to 15 or 25 or whatever. I know it's expensive to build for such a small market and was quite disappointed when he raised the min qty. I wish he would have raised the price and built them months ago, as he is doing now. It would have been cheaper for me in the long run as I am still sitting on two sets of rear rotors. A very respected supporter of this forum has expressed interest in selling the PerformanceAFX rotors once proven!
    You're a trooper, yooper! Kudos to you for trying hard and spending sweet coin on getting things done!

Your are welcome. The V community and this forum have been and continue to be a great source. So, thank you to all who contribute. More to come!

2kx2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by zzilla View Post
    Okay so if you want to do this conversion go to Racing Brakes web site and sign up. click "New development "then go to "2010 cts-v brake for V1 (04-07) retofit/upgrade"

If you have questions re; cost etc.. they will reply directly. we will need at least 15 people to sign up to get these made.

Thanks
    These wheels look great. What size and model ccw are these?

CADZILA is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    in the

This is my concern as well. The ALU. hat is not designed to be used as a brake drum. You use the E-brake as a parking brake, as most of us do, but only after the rotors cool down? So you park and sit in the car and wait for the rotors to cool... how long does that take? Or do you park the car, go in the house then come back out and set the parking brake? What if you live in a hilly area?? Spend alot of time sitting in your car waiting for the rotors to cool. Coleman Racing does not make products for street cars. Coleman RACING products. These will never last on a street car. Don't waste your money. Racing Brake is the only way to go for 2 piece rotors. Your coleman rear rotors hold up well cuz you dont use the parking brake!
    Duh...

This is my concern as well. The ALU. hat is not designed to be used as a brake drum. You use the E-brake as a parking brake, as most of us do, but only after the rotors cool down? So you park and sit in the car and wait for the rotors to cool... how long does that take? Or do you park the car, go in the house then come back out and set the parking brake? What if you live in a hilly area?? Spend alot of time sitting in your car waiting for the rotors to cool. Coleman Racing does not make products for street cars. Coleman RACING products. These will never last on a street car. Don't waste your money. Racing Brake is the only way to go for 2 piece rotors. Your coleman rear rotors hold up well cuz you dont use the parking brake!
    Duh...
    street use will never get the rotors hot enough to be an issue. Only track use will do so. I've driven aggressively on the street and I could never come close to a track day with slicks and track pads. Nowhere near it. And, last I checked, there is no road course in downtown San Francisco. Just leave the car in gear. Problem solved.

zzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v-xlr v

[QUOTE=2kx2;2681757]These wheels look great. What size and model ccw are these?[/QUOTE\

The wheels are "CCW" "Corsair series" C12 the size is 18x12 rear 18x11 front with "OEM" Backspacing DO NOT ORDER IN THESE SIZES!!!! unless you intend to use a widebody kit. With out the kit your car will look like this
    Attached Images

Hot Wheels or Matchbox?

CADZILA is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

The part #s for the V2 Brake Calipers in yellow are as follows:

20982719 CALIPER, FRT BRK (YELLOW) ("V" LOGO) 2011-2011 01 (ACDelco #172-2521) -LH

20982734 CALIPER, FRT BRK (YELLOW) ("V" LOGO) 2011-2011 01 (ACDelco #172-2522) -RH

20982644 CALIPER RR BRK (YELLOW) ("V" LOGO) 2011-2011 01 (ACDelco #172-2523) -LH

20982647 CALIPER RR BRK (YELLOW) ("V" LOGO) 2011-2011 01 (ACDelco #172-2524) -RH

I have a friend in wholesale parts at a gm dealership and he gave me a price today of

$343.92 front each

$231.33 rear each

Anyone else price these yet? Does this sound about right? My local dealer gave me a retail price of around $650 each for fronts and
    around $400 each for the rears.
    So thats $1200.00 ish for calipers, wholesale and around $2000 is for rotors so at around $3200 this aint no lowbuck upgrade. On the
    other hand, you do get alot for your money when you compare this to a big brake upgrade for some other car in the same class. Here
    you get Racing Brake/Brembo for front AND rear for about the same price as just the fronts from someone else. But the stock brakes
    on our cars are dam good as is. In my case, my car only has 10,000 on the odometer and still has the pads it left the factory with
    over 7 years ago so a $8 can of yellow paint will do for now. But if I hit another Keno jackpot.....

297119_260552903974316_100000588240555_958114_1528504_n.jpg

....maybe I change my mind!

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

or you can buy the calipers from a scrap yard or something for much less.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.