V2 rotor/caliper retrofit for V1 cars - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, V2 rotor/caliper retrofit for V1 cars in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by tweeter81 I understand all that, but these RB rotors are pretty pricey, and it would be awesome ...
    liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: V2 rotor/caliper retrofit for V1 cars

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    I understand all that, but these RB rotors are pretty pricey, and it would be awesome if we could have an option of just using the 1-piece. I know that if it was $100-$300 less per rotor, I would be more than willing to take the (millisecond) performance hit. Do the stock 2nd Gen Vs come with 2-piece rotors...if the answer is no, then we should be able to get those same rotors, just drilled to match our lug pattern. I guess you have to pay to play, but I am just really not that keen on paying $400+ for a wearable item (that will wear even faster with track use).
    but when it comes time to replace the rotors the two piece would be alot cheaper since you are not replacing the entire rotor. and if you do alot of track use these would make up there money.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    but when it comes time to replace the rotors the two piece would be alot cheaper since you are not replacing the entire rotor. and if you do alot of track use these would make up there money.
    I have not seen any 2 piece rotors for the V1 where the replacement ring is cheaper then an equivalent 1 piece rotor. Usually the new ring also includes mounting hardware as that is recommended to be replaced at every ring change.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ron

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I was going to say the same thing, Ron. I have the 2-piece RB rotors - the replacement rotor rings are $263 each. That's not including new hardware.

I have 2-piece rotors on all 3 of my cars and I determined long ago that the whole "in the long run, 2-piece rotors are cheaper, because you only have to replace the ring, not the whole rotor" story line is a fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    If I've already got RB rotors (14" V1 style), would I be able to buy just the rotor rings? Or is the center hat a different design that wouldn't be compatible?
    Anyone? ... Bueller? ... Bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycecco View Post
    I'm interested
    price?
    12hr before you posted the answer to that question was...
    Quote Originally Posted by zzilla View Post
    Not sure on cost yet But I would imagine they would be close to the price of the other v1 rotors.

zzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v-xlr v

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    If I've already got RB rotors (14" V1 style), would I be able to buy just the rotor rings? Or is the center hat a different design that wouldn't be compatible?
    As far as I have been told from Racing Brake is that the center hat would be a little different, not sure how but when they get down to engineering it who knows? maybe in the end it would be the same and maybe not.

Okay so if you want to do this conversion go to Racing Brakes web site and sign up. click "New development "then go to "2010 cts-v brake for V1 (04-07) retofit/upgrade"

If you have questions re; cost etc.. they will reply directly. we will need at least 15 people to sign up to get these made.

Thanks
    Attached Images

silver02stang is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): LS6 CTS-V

holy crap are those beautiful

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I posted @ the Racing Brake Forums that I am interested, but as usual, for a purchase this large I always need some time to possibly get the funds together. This mod has basically moved to the top of my list for dream mods, though.

zzilla, could you take a look at my post over at the rb forums and see if my logic about the cost of this upgrade is reasonable?

I posted @ the Racing Brake Forums that I am interested, but as usual, for a purchase this large I always need some time to possibly get the funds together. This mod has basically moved to the top of my list for dream mods, though.

zzilla, could you take a look at my post over at the rb forums and see if my logic about the cost of this upgrade is reasonable?

Hey tweeter: I put a call into Racing Brake to get a straight answer.That if the ring needs to be re-tooled and the orig hats work from the 14in, just sell the hats to those of us that already have the 14in rotors only. If the hats need to be re-tooled and the rings do not we can buy the replacement rings from the 2009-2010 cts v from them and then buy the hats and hardware aside and we just have to assemble them. meaning they ony have to re-tool the hats

As far as pricing thats about right and yes it would be a screaming deal!!!!
    (I am not sure about brake lines yet the the 09-10 has straight ends connected to the caliper where ours is angled. But thats easy Fynbye performance can make them up for us with no problem at a reasonable cost.

The Two other companies that make brake upgrade kits for our cars are AP Racing sold by "Stillen" and they cost over 5k to replace for front and rear to match. And only 14in rotor

The other Co. Is "Rotora" for a eight piston(overkill) and requires at least a 19in wheel and is about 6k.

Great info, and thanks for trying to chase all this nonsense down for all of us.

Good call on the brake lines. I would actually not feel bad about having to upgrade as I am pretty sure I currently have a leak in my rear UUC ss brake line, so I would just be looking for a kit to upgrade all four (or the company you mentioned could sell a kit to upgrade just the fronts (which is what most people who do this mod would need), but it would also be nice to have the option for rears as well).

One other thing I thought about: I am not sure if a bigger caliper like the 6-piston upgrade would clear my 19" CCWs. The design is such that the spokes curve in a lot as they come toward the hoop of the wheel, and right now I only have about 1/16" (total guess from looking) of clearance between the spoke and the outside of the stock caliper. With these calipers being bigger overall, are they going to be much wider as well or just longer? I see in the pix you posted above, you had the new caliper on and the old one was just sitting there. Could you take some measurements on the 2nd Gen caliper vs. 1st Gen and see how much larger its overall dimensions are than stock?

UPDATE:
    Just got off the phone with "Racing Brake" They are already getting the rings tooled up for the 2009-2010 cts v. What that means for us is that they need to re-tool the hat.

The price for the full rotor is $556.00 ea.x2 = $1,112.00 for the front set

Now here is the best part!! If you sign up there will be a 20% discount for the front pre order and 25% discount if you buy the front and rears(04-07 rears) which equates to $889.00 for the Front with the 20% discount, and $834.00 for the front with the 25% discount for the combo front and rear (rear $698.00with 25% discount) (front and rear total cost $1532.00).Thats a savings of $510.00 for the combo. If you have signed up and already have ordered the rears they will extend the 25% discount to you.(all open slot prices )

There will be a 30% deposit , Because due to the people who signed up for the rears and never bought or responded to "Racing Brakes" e-mails ( and you know who you are)

That deposit will not be required for at least 10 weeks so it gives us all time to save up

So sign up now and pay later.

"Racing Brake says they should be ready to ship by April/early May but lead time will be confirmed at/before deposit time

Again they will not make these unless they have committed sign ups.

The V2 conversion with calipers rotors etc.. should cost around $2200.00 Give or take a hundred or so For brake lines , try to get that anywhere else. for 6 piston Brembo Brakes and 2 piece high performance rotors.

Let the sign ups begin!! sign up at racing brake below

http://forums.racingbrake.com/showthread.php?t=529

Great info, and thanks for trying to chase all this nonsense down for all of us.

Good call on the brake lines. I would actually not feel bad about having to upgrade as I am pretty sure I currently have a leak in my rear UUC ss brake line, so I would just be looking for a kit to upgrade all four (or the company you mentioned could sell a kit to upgrade just the fronts (which is what most people who do this mod would need), but it would also be nice to have the option for rears as well).

One other thing I thought about: I am not sure if a bigger caliper like the 6-piston upgrade would clear my 19" CCWs. The design is such that the spokes curve in a lot as they come toward the hoop of the wheel, and right now I only have about 1/16" (total guess from looking) of clearance between the spoke and the outside of the stock caliper. With these calipers being bigger overall, are they going to be much wider as well or just longer? I see in the pix you posted above, you had the new caliper on and the old one was just sitting there. Could you take some measurements on the 2nd Gen caliper vs. 1st Gen and see how much larger its overall dimensions are than stock?
    The v2 caliper is about 7 inch at its widest point, but from the front face to the outboard piston is 1.63 inches or 41.48mm. As far as the v1 measurement it will be on Sat because the car is at the fab shop and today is the day they start cutting sheet metal.(theres nothing like cutting into a perfectly good car )

Any way the picture you see is a ccw corsair 18in wheel, also these calipers do fit on the Oem wheels without a problem.

This should get you started. I will post after I take the V1 measurement.

The v2 caliper is about 7 inch at its widest point, but from the front face to the outboard piston is 1.63 inches or 41.48mm. As far as the v1 measurement it will be on Sat because the car is at the fab shop and today is the day they start cutting sheet metal.(theres nothing like cutting into a perfectly good car )

Any way the picture you see is a ccw corsair 18in wheel, also these calipers do fit on the Oem wheels without a problem.

This should get you started. I will post after I take the V1 measurement.
    Very good, sir! Also, I have posted over on the RB Forums to be added to the list. My wallet (and my tax return) are going to hate me in 10 weeks!

UPDATE:
    Just got off the phone with "Racing Brake" They are already getting the rings tooled up for the 2009-2010 cts v. What that means for us is that they need to re-tool the hat.

The price for the full rotor is $556.00 ea.x2 = $1,112.00 for the front set

Now here is the best part!! If you sign up there will be a 20% discount for the front pre order and 25% discount if you buy the front and rears(04-07 rears) which equates to $889.00 for the Front with the 20% discount, and $834.00 for the front with the 25% discount for the combo front and rear (rear $698.00with 25% discount) (front and rear total cost $1532.00).Thats a savings of $510.00 for the combo. If you have signed up and already have ordered the rears they will extend the 25% discount to you.(all open slot prices )

There will be a 30% deposit , Because due to the people who signed up for the rears and never bought or responded to "Racing Brakes" e-mails ( and you know who you are)

That deposit will not be required for at least 10 weeks so it gives us all time to save up

So sign up now and pay later.

"Racing Brake says they should be ready to ship by April/early May but lead time will be confirmed at/before deposit time

Again they will not make these unless they have committed sign ups.

The V2 conversion with calipers rotors etc.. should cost around $2200.00 Give or take a hundred or so For brake lines , try to get that anywhere else. for 6 piston Brembo Brakes and 2 piece high performance rotors.

Let the sign ups begin!! sign up at racing brake below

http://forums.racingbrake.com/showthread.php?t=529
    Hey guys lets not pass this up.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Oh man I'm on the fence with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Oh man I'm on the fence with this one.
    Well com'on over, the grass is greener on this side of the fence.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.