Headers, High-flow Cats and Factory / Stock Exhaust Catback Drone
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Headers, High-flow Cats and Factory / Stock Exhaust Catback Drone in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have looked and looked and was wondering if Headers & Highflow Cats mated up to a factory exhaust droned ...
    jpoole is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS-V

Headers, High-flow Cats and Factory / Stock Exhaust Catback Drone

I have looked and looked and was wondering if Headers & Highflow Cats mated up to a factory exhaust droned and is it louder than factory? Actually, wondering if anyone has a sound bite as I would like to hear.

I don't want a tame system, but am tired of the drone in my B&B header / high-flow cats / x-pipe / cat back is giving me. B&B is sending some cones out to me, they have the best custmer service in the business by the way. But, I am old.

Also, does the Corsa cat back and headers drone? Sound clips here would be good also. Looking for a deep B&B sound without drone or that raspy popping sound. Spintech?

Thanks, Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Headers, High-flow Cats and Factory / Stock Exhaust Catback Drone

Kooks, hi-flow cats, and Corsa: No drone at all here. Don't get me wrong, you can hear it all right, but it's just barely civilized enough to pass the wife test.

Only video I've got is idle.

'05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

So, Kooks Corsa is 0 drone? That sounds great and the smoke is kinda cool....

I just can't have any done, if I am gonna respend all that money. Hey, noticed the michigan plates, assuming you follow college football, heard Stanfords Harbaugh was out of contention there. Any insight?

Dan_Gurney is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 - CTS-V

Why not try the B&B resonator in place of the X-Pipe?

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

Kooks w/o cats w/ header cones, x-pipe, corsa= no drone!

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You can connect your stock system with the high flow cats and headers, you will lose 10-15hp and 5-10ftlb of torque...But it will be quiet as a mouse. I did it before.

Do not replace the middle resonator, it is already an x-pipe...

Thanks guys for the input. Is anyone running headers with stock and have a sound clip? LOL I know I am one to talkd with B&B front to back.

Also, is it a fact that headers and corsa is no interior drone period? Also, where to get Corsa for the best deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Den_93 View Post
    Kooks w/o cats w/ header cones, x-pipe, corsa= no drone!
    Holy crap that sound good!

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by jpoole View Post
    Holy crap that sound good!
    Den_93's car used to be really loud, now it's just loud. Ask my neighbors.

I'll tell ya, to have an idle like that with no drone is absolutely outstanding. His car is the best sounding V I've heard in person.

What I don't understand is how Mrs. Den_93 and little Den_93 put up with it. Mrs. rand49er wouldn't.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

LOL, with neighbors like that....

My B&B really sounds great (at most RPMs) but I am turning Crotchety and just don't want the drone anymore. My sister bought a new SHO and brother just got a new 5 series. I don't mind the V being a beast but when talking in the car it is kinda something I want to correct. It really isn't that bad, but you want what you want. I am looking at doing a cam and head package next but just don't really want any drone anymore.

ColeGraham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Kooks 1 7/8s and Magnaflow with no drone...i think most of the guys that get the drone have done x-pipe and muffler delete.

I have 1 3/4 headers and have heard that magnaflow drone. I had a magnaflow on my 05 GTO and didn't have drone, but have seen many drone issues with the CTS-V. Are there 2 versions 1 with X and 1 without?

Like the magnaflow option as it is 1/2 the price...

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

I have Kooks 1 7/8" with Magnaflow , but ended up being a little too loud for me in the car so I got tuning pipes and put the stock back on for now. Never heard it outside with someone else driving, but everyone was amazed at how great it sounded...was stopped at lights and gas stations by people asking what was in the car.

The only time I got anything close to drone was lugging the motor below 2k.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Again, you can connect the high flowing headers to your stock catback and get rid of the drone you dont like. You lose a little power but you gain piece of mind with your ears...

Had that before and it drove me nutz, now i have a corsa with x-pipe and resonators just to keep it quiet front in and out...Cops are starting to get annoyin with the exhaust notes...

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Den_93's car used to be really loud, now it's just loud. Ask my neighbors.

I'll tell ya, to have an idle like that with no drone is absolutely outstanding. His car is the best sounding V I've heard in person.

What I don't understand is how Mrs. Den_93 and little Den_93 put up with it. Mrs. rand49er wouldn't.
    I think my car is pretty quiet on the inside. If I had drone in the car, I'm sure the wife/kid would not put up with it. Drone+wife= More Drone in the right ear!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.