Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Headers, High-flow Cats and Factory / Stock Exhaust Catback Drone

9K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  253ctsv 
#1 ·
I have looked and looked and was wondering if Headers & Highflow Cats mated up to a factory exhaust droned and is it louder than factory? Actually, wondering if anyone has a sound bite as I would like to hear.

I don't want a tame system, but am tired of the drone in my B&B header / high-flow cats / x-pipe / cat back is giving me. B&B is sending some cones out to me, they have the best custmer service in the business by the way. But, I am old.

Also, does the Corsa cat back and headers drone? Sound clips here would be good also. Looking for a deep B&B sound without drone or that raspy popping sound. Spintech?

Thanks, Jeff

#2 ·
Kooks, hi-flow cats, and Corsa: No drone at all here. Don't get me wrong, you can hear it all right, but it's just barely civilized enough to pass the wife test.

Only video I've got is idle.

#3 ·
So, Kooks Corsa is 0 drone? That sounds great and the smoke is kinda cool....

I just can't have any done, if I am gonna respend all that money. Hey, noticed the michigan plates, assuming you follow college football, heard Stanfords Harbaugh was out of contention there. Any insight?

#5 ·
Kooks w/o cats w/ header cones, x-pipe, corsa= no drone!

#6 ·
You can connect your stock system with the high flow cats and headers, you will lose 10-15hp and 5-10ftlb of torque...But it will be quiet as a mouse. I did it before.

Do not replace the middle resonator, it is already an x-pipe...

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for the input. Is anyone running headers with stock and have a sound clip? LOL I know I am one to talkd with B&B front to back.

Also, is it a fact that headers and corsa is no interior drone period? Also, where to get Corsa for the best deal?

#10 ·
LOL, with neighbors like that....

My B&B really sounds great (at most RPMs) but I am turning Crotchety and just don't want the drone anymore. My sister bought a new SHO and brother just got a new 5 series. I don't mind the V being a beast but when talking in the car it is kinda something I want to correct. It really isn't that bad, but you want what you want. I am looking at doing a cam and head package next but just don't really want any drone anymore.

#12 ·
I have 1 3/4 headers and have heard that magnaflow drone. I had a magnaflow on my 05 GTO and didn't have drone, but have seen many drone issues with the CTS-V. Are there 2 versions 1 with X and 1 without?

Like the magnaflow option as it is 1/2 the price...

#13 ·
I have Kooks 1 7/8" with Magnaflow , but ended up being a little too loud for me in the car so I got tuning pipes and put the stock back on for now. Never heard it outside with someone else driving, but everyone was amazed at how great it sounded...was stopped at lights and gas stations by people asking what was in the car.

The only time I got anything close to drone was lugging the motor below 2k.

#14 ·
Again, you can connect the high flowing headers to your stock catback and get rid of the drone you dont like. You lose a little power but you gain piece of mind with your ears...

Had that before and it drove me nutz, now i have a corsa with x-pipe and resonators just to keep it quiet front in and out...Cops are starting to get annoyin with the exhaust notes...

#16 · (Edited)
OK, I am still on the bubble about a Corsa and going back to the factory exhaust. 1 thing on the factory exhaust is the tips, they suck. What tips to weld on the factory mufflers, I have B&B and they are double wall, slant 4.5", are there any weldon tips that would look like this? Also, what is the pipe diameter comming off the factory mufflers, have read 2.5 & 2.75.

Also, does no one have a sound clip of headers and factory exhaust?

Thanks, Jeff

#18 ·
Thanks Darkman. I saw that one but want to keep the factory mufflers and that was deleting them. Looking for tips welded to factory mufflers that fill the holes like the B&B exhaust. B&B look the best.

Pretty good ATM vs LSU game going on right now. I am a Longhorn but that is kinda embarassing this year.... Go Big 12.

#23 ·
It's a 287 XER Comp Cam ( 238 240 DURATION @ .050, .605int lift .609exh lift @ 112 LSA).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.