underdrive pulley????? not sure what to do
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, underdrive pulley????? not sure what to do in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; i have read alot of posts about this but.... i found someone who is selling an ati 25% (i really ...
    atoler27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

underdrive pulley????? not sure what to do

i have read alot of posts about this but....

i found someone who is selling an ati 25% (i really wanted a 10%) for a really good price.... but im kinda scared from reading some of the cons and i wanted to ask you guys if its really not worth it....

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Zo6PwRd Guest

Re: underdrive pulley????? not sure what to do

unless your doing a cam i wouldnt waste your money, your only gonna gain maybe 5-8hp. I wont do one on the V because i worry about all the electrical stuff we have in the V and i dont wanna underpower it.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Dont worry about the amperage...You will get plenty of chargin power. I made the mistake of puttin a small alt pulley and i was spikin on my power..16-18v all the time. My fuel pressure was through the roof 70-90psi made tunin near impossible

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

PISNUOFF Guest

I run a 25% UD pulley and haven't had any issues whatsoever. Charging is fine and A/C is ice cold. I did not change any other pulleys either.

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

@NAF - wouldn't you oversize the alternator pulley to offset the underdrive pulley?? what size is the stock alternator pulley??

I have the 10% ATI and wanted to oversize the alternator pulley by 10% or am I looking to overdrive the pulley 3/4"?? Am I thinking in the right direction?

I plan on installing with the cam, per suggestions.

sorry to jack the thread, but could be useful information for you.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Actually you want to go the other way..You want a smaller alt pulley to speed it up and give you more juice...

I think the stock one is 50mm or 75mm, cant remember, but i installed one that was 25mm and DAMN too much current..

if you want to spin it more, install a smaller pulley, if you want to spin it less put a bigger pulley...

Belt size will be your next issue, have funn with that

9. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.