Gforce 9" IRS in car vids
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Gforce 9" IRS in car vids in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Happy New Year to all my fellow V owners! I have 3 in car videos for you that will let ...
    BadVMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac V BAd BOy

Exclamation Gforce 9" IRS in car vids

Happy New Year to all my fellow V owners! I have 3 in car videos for you that will let you see and hear how the 9" diff works as well as the 4.30 gears that I chose and the Monster stage 3 clutch set up. You will not hear the rear as its silent and the clutch has minimal chatter sooooo so far so good on all my new parts ! The 4th video was lost somehow and that was the one with the first gear pull so sorry for that but I do have a 2nd gear pull in one of the vids and you can also see how the gears are at 70-75 mph rpm wise. Not too exciting of vids but some of you guys had questions about these and wanted to hear if the diff made noise. I will have track vids from under the car with drag radials next month so that should be cool!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Re: Gforce 9" IRS in car vids

Thanks for the vid's, still waiting for the money shot. What size, make, and model tires are on the rear?

money shot will be at the track right!! I have Nitto INvos 285/30/20's on the back and they are new.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVMan View Post
    money shot will be at the track right!! I have Nitto INvos 285/30/20's on the back and they are new.
    Yes sir! If you can get video of the front diff mount while launching, it would be worth 5500 words.

Baltimore07V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

This is a tease. You do realize this is one of the larger cliffhangers we've had on the board so far. Lets see this baby unload at the track!

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Your steering wheel is bent...

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Ya, let's see the car from the outside please. Inside video is not boner conducive

Stratman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Thanks for the vids. That is a mean setup.

Castro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Yes but how does it FEEEEEEL? No clunking at all? Does it seem noticeably tighter, smoother, what? Get your 500 miles in yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Castro View Post
    Yes but how does it FEEEEEEL? No clunking at all? Does it seem noticeably tighter, smoother, what? Get your 500 miles in yet???
    Feels great, I may get a clunk very rarely but thats more from the button Monster clutch engaging harder from me letting it out too quickly or something but nothing from the rear no.

tighter, yes by far and dives like a new Cadi now, seriously its that smooth. Still need about 100 miles to go .

okay, here is the good, the bad and the ugly.... The dyno went well, very pleased. As you will see from the chart my original dyno was 438/406 with the 9" installed in went down to 420/384 and with the return since I had the lightweight MOnster flywheel we got it back up to 437/408 so I am very happy to be at the same power level with the loss of the larger 9" parts so you will lose some power with this beefy rearend but this is how you can make up for that. Now the BAD news is that I went from being at the top of 4th with my 3.73's at 132 down to 118 with my 4.30's so I may run out of gear at the 1320 but we shall see. 4.10's may be the optimal way to go if you want gears. I also recalibrated my speedo and 75 mph is 2300 rpm and 80 is 2500 rpm so it was off a tad in the video.

It rained on me the whole way over there so my clean car got filthy so the back is grey in the vid thanks to my big wheels and tires, lol. Track vids to come in a few weeks!

Dyno was done with cut outs open like last time.

dyno

warm up

speedo check

full dyno vid

Castro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Feels great, I may get a clunk very rarely but thats more from the button Monster clutch engaging harder from me letting it out too quickly or something but nothing from the rear no.

tighter, yes by far and dives like a new Cadi now, seriously its that smooth. Still need about 100 miles to go .
    Great to hear. Impressive that the new clutch/fw cancelled out the drivetrain loss!

shooting the front mount will be pretty much impossible since its very high and tucked up in there, very dark with minimal lighting and the exhaust are in the way. I will get the vid from the same point I did the first time because thats the best point I can see. ty

Cool, it's all good.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Your steering wheel is bent...
    Did you notice the wrap?

I just watched the first three vids, but it sounded ... well ... very nice! Smooth!

Uh-h ... how much we talkin'?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.