Gforce 9" IRS in car vids - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Gforce 9" IRS in car vids in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; This is fascinating stuff!! Chris - is your current pricing for the 9" IRS system listed on your web site? ...
    V-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic

Re: Gforce 9" IRS in car vids

This is fascinating stuff!! Chris - is your current pricing for the 9" IRS system listed on your web site? Thanks!

Guy

GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by V-Guy View Post
    This is fascinating stuff!! Chris - is your current pricing for the 9" IRS system listed on your web site? Thanks!

Guy
    Yes it is, price for the base kit is $5500. there are options for posi units and driveshafts but most people just go with the base kit.

Thanks
    Chris

BadVMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac V BAd BOy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me please say that this was the first time that I have ever taken my car down the 1320 so the first pass was just a shakedown run to get a feel for the 4100 lb car since my last car was a Viper.

Here are the two vids. Only made 1 pass then it broke on my and I had new MT Drag Radials 2. I just got the vids today and after watching the 12.7 pass it was really crappy and I just rolled of idle and hit the rev limiter in first so I definitely think I could have shaved another .5 a sec. or more off my time with more practice and those high rpm launches. The second vid shows the breakage. It was going to hook hard and I shot the rpm up right when I launched so it sucks that it broke on me . Oh well, it will be stronger then ever now. You may want to skip to 40 sec. for the 2nd vid to skip the vette.

Here is the 12.7 slip.

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by BadVMan View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me please say that this was the first time that I have ever taken my car down the 1320 so the first pass was just a shakedown run to get a feel for the 4100 lb car since my last car was a Viper.

Here are the two vids. Only made 1 pass then it broke on my and I had new MT Drag Radials 2. I just got the vids today and after watching the 12.7 pass it was really crappy and I just rolled of idle and hit the rev limiter in first so I definitely think I could have shaved another .5 a sec. or more off my time with more practice and those high rpm launches. The second vid shows the breakage. It was going to hook hard and I shot the rpm up right when I launched so it sucks that it broke on me . Oh well, it will be stronger then ever now. You may want to skip to 40 sec. for the 2nd vid to skip the vette.

Oh man after all that work. What happened? What broke exactly?

GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

He broke an outer stub. The first kit we made we used chromolly for the outer stubs. All the kits we have made since use 4340 outer stubs (much stronger)
    We overnighted Jim some of new 4340 stubs so he is probably all fixed up now.

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

judging from those video's practice is needed bro,

Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post
    Oh man after all that work. What happened? What broke exactly?
    I broke the outer stub that was built with the rear. Chris w/Gforce is going to replace both sides for free today and use 4340 steel this time instead of chromemoly.

The outer stub is only 30 spline on our cars but he already sent me the 4340 harder steel and my car is up and running already, thanks Chris!

We were discussing if we could put in a Z06 spline for the hub which is 33 spline so he is checking into that too but he says the 4340 steel is a LOT harder material.

Let me clarify that the rear is worth every penny and mine was the prototype so you are going to have to improve the first design and he is or did already, lol. Thats why I was your ginnie pig

Quote Originally Posted by lilgCTS-V View Post
    judging from those video's practice is needed bro,
    thats what I said as this was my FIRST TIME to the track and I had one pass before it broke.

Hey, don't sweat it. I wish I still had the ticket from my first run on my first (and only) trip to the drag strip. I was driving my buddy's STI, and I actually stalled the car at the line. My 60' was something like 14 seconds. LOL

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

it happens to the best of us! my first run at the track i only managed a 13.1 then a 13.0 then a 12.9 all with 2.1 60's

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Who doesn't have a blow-up-on-the-strip story? Good to see we have some serious thought going into a custom rear. After Doug, it seemed pretty hit or miss...

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

I broke the outer stub that was built with the rear. Chris w/Gforce is going to replace both sides for free today and use 4340 steel this time instead of chromemoly.

The outer stub is only 30 spline on our cars but he already sent me the 4340 harder steel and my car is up and running already, thanks Chris!

We were discussing if we could put in a Z06 spline for the hub which is 33 spline so he is checking into that too but he says the 4340 steel is a LOT harder material.
    The 09 and newer 33 spline hub is not compatible with the pre 09 ABS system.

Thank you for getting this started for the benefit of the whole V community

okay thanks Yooper and you're welcome bud. We ALL needed an option and GForce makes an awesome set up and I am sure that he will continue to improve his design like he already has with the 4340 hubs that he sent me.

GForce is a GREAT company to work with!

Now, who's next? Who will be posting the next vids with this 9" set up?

Now, who's next? Who will be posting the next vids with this 9" set up?
    I'd love to! But after my B&B headers and exhaust install this month, my 2011 mod budget is about $5400 less than it needs to be!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.