Gforce 9" IRS in car vids - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Gforce 9" IRS in car vids in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys, here are some cool links that you can use to calculate your quarter mile ETs and you would ...
    BadVMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac V BAd BOy

Re: Gforce 9" IRS in car vids

Hey guys, here are some cool links that you can use to calculate your quarter mile ETs and you would use your rwhp. Mine came out to 12.38 but I want to do better than that. I did weight with me in the car at 4200 lbs. Check em' out...

http://www.wallaceracing.com/accel-calc.php

http://robrobinette.com/et.htm

GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Great vids Jim! Thanks for sharing them.

On a side note, we have shortened the housing up about 1/2" so there is no trimming or cutting needed to get the center section to bolt in. You still have to do some clearancing where the cv joints pass through the cradle but nothing major. We did it in about an hour with a plasma cutter and welder.

Thanks
    Chris
    GFORCE Engineering
    The leader in IRS Drivetrain technology
    gforce1320@gmail.com
    316-260-8433
    www.gforce1320.com
    Dealer inquires welcome, check our web page for a dealer near you.

Update guys, track day will be Jan 30th, Sunday, at State Capital in Baton Rouge (in case you are near and can come), La. as long as its not raining so more vids to come soon!!

What do you think I am capable of running? I am guessing a 12.0-12.2 with good 1.60-1.70 60 foots.

Please chime in.....

ColeGraham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

double forum show off...haha

Quote Originally Posted by ColeGraham View Post
    double forum show off...haha
    Its a different crowd for sure!! No responses here and several on LS1 tech, hmmmm.

I am trying to find some skinneys for my V, the 6 lug is a biotch!!

I think we have a problem "Houston". My oil pressure is all over the place, up and then down to like 7 psi and up to like 30. I changed my sending unit and that did not fix the problem unfortunately. I think my oil pump went out or I spun a bearing so I am going to have it checked out next week. I may not be going to the track on the 30th but stay tuned to my posts and I will let you guys know when I am back and up running again.

The car sounds the same; no weird noises, ticking etc., so what do you guys think is going on and yes it has 6 new quarts of oil as I just recently changed it and did check it again?

I guess the Gforce 9" was too much for my stock LS6 to handle, HA. It may be forged motor time guys...

Baltimore07V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by BadVMan View Post
    I think we have a problem "Houston". My oil pressure is all over the place, up and then down to like 7 psi and up to like 30. I changed my sending unit and that did not fix the problem unfortunately. I think my oil pump went out or I spun a bearing so I am going to have it checked out next week. I may not be going to the track on the 30th but stay tuned to my posts and I will let you guys know when I am back and up running again.

The car sounds the same; no weird noises, ticking etc., so what do you guys think is going on and yes it has 6 new quarts of oil as I just recently changed it and did check it again?

I guess the Gforce 9" was too much for my stock LS6 to handle, HA. It may be forged motor time guys...
    Check the grounds on your car. If the grounds go, funny things start happening to sensors. Its always a good first thing to check.

We think it may be the O ring on the oil pump so we are going to do a mechanical check first and go from there. So far I have it planned to be repaired and ready for the Sept. 30th track day.

Car is fixed, it was the spring in the oil pump that was going out so I will be at the track on Sunday the 30th and will have vids to post later.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by BadVMan View Post
    Car is fixed, it was the spring in the oil pump that was going out so I will be at the track on Sunday the 30th and will have vids to post later.
    Congrats. Glad it was nothing major.

thanks Whisler, 30% chance of rain on Sunday, dang it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well I broke the Cadi today, these V1s are built like sh*t or maybe its the 4k launch that did it . Anyhow, I only got one run and it was with a 2.0 60 foot and 12.7 at 114 and then the next run I stuck it at 4k rpm and it hooked liked glue and went POW, lol. Oh well, here we go again. I knew the tranny was the weakest link and its probably the input or output shaft too. I will order the RPM stage 3 or 5 on Monday once my shop tears it down to confirm. Just got home, its been a long day.

I should have a couple of videos I can post tomorrow too.

Here is the vid from under the car. You can see that the 9" is bada** and does not move a muscle. This is the 12.7 pass which was pretty much from idle. I noticed something today when I hit the rev limiter in first and my tach was not even in the red. My tach needle is not keeping up with real rpms, I guess those 4.30 gears are making it hard to stay true. I should have another vid or two tomorrow from outside the car and the one with the BOOM too, lol.

...these post were from yesterday on the LS1 tech

UPDATE today...

UPDATE-the shop just called, its not the tranny. I broke the outer stub that was built with the rear. Chris w/Gforce is going to replace both sides for free today and use 4340 steel this time instead of chromemoly.

So here you go guys, now that I have tested it and found the weakest link you will now have a proven system that is rock solid.

Thanks for taking care of me Chris and being a top notch company to work with!!

GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Yep, I thought it might be the outer stub that broke. The Caddies use a 30 spline outer stub and we decided (after we built yours) to start making the outer stubs out of 4340 instead of chromoly and crank up the heat treat a bit more for a stronger stub.
    So I'll get you a set of the stronger stubs sent out today.

Great vid by the way, that thing is rock solid

Thanks
    Chris @ Gforce
    GFORCE Engineering
    The leader in IRS Drivetrain technology
    gforce1320@gmail.com
    316-260-8433
    www.gforce1320.com
    Dealer inquires welcome, check our web page for a dealer near you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.