Cadillac Owners Forum banner

what else needed w/ header install?

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  CancerJCC 
#1 ·
I'm about .02 seconds from pulling the trigger on a set of OBX headers. Aside from going with a new OEM gasket, what else would be a wise purchase right now? I can think of a couple things but I would love your input as well.

1. OEM gaskets
2. plug wire sleeves
3. new o2 sensors while I'm down there (pushing 84k miles)
4. ARP header fasteners
5. Provisions to bolt up to a Corsa
6. additional heat protection for other stuff?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?

#3 ·
If you have not removed your stock cats lately lay in some spray cans of Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster. Saturate the cat-to-exhaust manifold nuts and bolts several times (hours apart) before the disassembly. (1/2 inch air impact wrench or breaker bar).

#4 ·
or a torch if your cat-to-exhaust manifold nuts just want to disintegrate/round off as soon as you try to remove them. LOL

#7 ·
:worship:gear wrenches, +1 heat wrap

#10 ·
New Motor Mounts!

#11 ·
I already have new mounts but I may have a single RC51 mount up for sale after I do this. I'm thinking about swappin mine out for another UUC like I have on the passenger side. Right now I have a little more vibes than I would like...

I just hope the change will be worth the hassle.

#12 ·
You are on track especially with the ARP hardware for a single man DIY. This way you can "hang" the headers on the studs from underneath. Of course if you have a hand around they are still good to. BTW I didn't use any cool sox and have been problem free for over 15k but did some zip tie work around them.

#14 ·
Yep that is where I had to use them myself. Also make sure your remote bleeder line is zip tied away from the headers...mine has a new more "burnt" look in one spot. :hide:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.