Snapped off MAP sensor.....&$#@%!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Snapped off MAP sensor.....&$#@%!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So after the Exedy Twin was installed my V never ran right. The throttle was hanging at 3K for 15 ...
    crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Snapped off MAP sensor.....&$#@%!!!!

So after the Exedy Twin was installed my V never ran right. The throttle was hanging at 3K for 15 seconds and the car was just miserable. I figured something got hosed up but what? Turns out those UUC motor mounts make it difficult to pull the trans so they were loosened up so there was some wiggle room. At that point , as I discovered today, the MAP sensor was snapped off. Probably torqued it when moving the motor around to get the trans out. The MAP is located at the back of the intake which is not a fun place to work. I dread removing the intake for a 10 second plug and play part. Anyone ever get that broken nipple out of the intake from the MAP without pulling the intake off? I tried a small hooked knitting needle but it doesn't go in.

http://image2.onlineauction.com/auct...-1179888-1.jpg Here is a pic of the MAP

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Snapped off MAP sensor.....&$#@%!!!!

If it were mine, I would try to twist one of those broken bolt extractors (or pehaps a drill bit) into that center hole and then pull it straight up.

I may try that. I want to be sure I don't get any crap in the manifold. I thought about taking off the top cover and removing the rear runner but FAST is afraid you'll drop a fastener down the engine so they tell you not to take the cover off with the intake bolted in place.

Yeah, I would not remove the top either. The intake comes in pieces so you can drill the MAP location where you want it (front or rear). Assembly requires some sealant in specific areas too.

Although it is to be avoided, I don't think a few plastic shavings in the intake, and ultimately through the motor, would be fatal.

Good luck - hellva a way to spend new year's eve.

Had the car put up for the winter but it bugged me that it was messed up even though I won't drive it till March probably. I'm going to try a thin drill in a T handle after I get a new sensor I'll measure which size to use.

silver02stang is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): LS6 CTS-V

Frick! I hate piddly problems! I just got my Stabilitrak sorted out after replacing one of the rear hubs and finally a steering wheel position sensor. Now I have a goofy rattle coming from under the car while under load. Sounds like a heat shield thats slowly getting louder...

Anywho - I feel your pain.

Stepside is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor

So, when you decide to drill it . . make sure you have a Hoover running,
    so the job will really suck! (the shavings)

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

Got a better pic of the broken MAP?

Attached Images

There is a link also in the bottom of my first post. I never realized how small the orifice is. The orange nipple is stuck in the manifold. No wonder the knitting needle hook doesn't work. The wierdest thing is that the car has not thrown a code for the MAP and it still runs (barely) and idles. Once underway when you take your foot off the gas the manifold pressure reading doesn't increase so it must think that the car is still under power and continues to supply it with spark and fuel. After about 15 seconds of hanging at 2500-3000 rpm maybe the MAF sensor says there is no air moving into the engine so it finally returns to idle.

Here is a pic of how it mounts in the rear

http://media.photobucket.com/image/f...j/IMG_6457.jpg

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

I wanted a to see an actual pic of the of the broken orifice to see how big the hole is. I would try using a drywall screw (or one that fits) to screw it in and pull it out with a pair of pliers. The threads of the screw should be course. It also might help to heat the screw red hot before you screw it in and let it cool before you start pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by Den_93 View Post
    I wanted a to see an actual pic of the of the broken orifice to see how big the hole is. I would try using a drywall screw (or one that fits) to screw it in and pull it out with a pair of pliers. The threads of the screw should be course. It also might help to heat the screw red hot before you screw it in and let it cool before you start pulling.
    For what it is worth, the intake comes with no hole for the MAP and the instructions call for a 3/8" inch hole to be drilled to accept the MAP grommet, which is red in the picture.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.