Rps twin disc
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Rps twin disc in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Has anyone installed the RPS twin disc kit for the V??? I talked to Carolina Clutch and showed them pics ...
    RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Rps twin disc

Has anyone installed the RPS twin disc kit for the V??? I talked to Carolina Clutch and showed them pics of my used twin i bought from a gentleman on the LS-1Tech Forum and he told me YES my clutch will fit...I have a 1" new collar that came with it...and was told i could use that with my stock LS2 slave..or i could buy their slave with bearing which is a c5, ....He said the slave is longer for only app. $145.00...which sounds great But i have heard from a few f/m that the RPS does NOT fit our cars Anyway, please chime in.. Especially u Darkmanlol......Notice how the flywheel has been machined and borebalanced.. I knocked off exactly 10lbs...steel flywheel weight is exactly 20lbs.

Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Rps twin disc

wait for some smarter people to chime in
    But it doesn't look like the discs have springs. There was talk on the Katech clutch thread that this might make the parade clunk worse.

Tony

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Are those the disc's that cam with the clutch? Is it a dual friction carbon? I ask because the discs are carbon and the floater is carbon but the flywheel is steel. You can't run carbon on steel so the other side of the disc will need to be a different material. I believe RPS uses an organic side that faces the flywheel and pressure plate and leave the floater and floater side of the discs carbon. If this is how this is set up, great! Just make sure that the organic side faces the steel and the carbon side faces the carbon. Its a great clutch and I have heard a lot of good things about it. There is no reason this wouldn't work in a V. Its shorter than an LS9 package. You can install it and measure for proper clearance. I wouldn't just bolt something in without measuring.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

This info is from Vengeance Racing

Product Description
    RPS's Street Twin Lite has been designed and engineered especially for the LSX powered Corvettes, Cadillacs, and F-bodies. This version replaces the original cast iron "casting" with an aluminum piece that has RPS's exclusive carbon friction material attached to the face. The Street Twin Lite complete weighs in at a mere 33 lbs and is great for Road Racing, Drifting and Drag Racing. This clutch uses a patented, non-warping, carbon floater plate with RPS exclusive light weight twin disc system. The inner disc has RPS's carbon-carbon friction material on the floater side (to match the carbon material on each side of the floater) and high grade organic material on the flywheel side. The outer disc has carbon-carbon on both sides, one to rub against the floater and one to rub against the "casting". This combination makes for a great high horsepower street and race clutch with smooth engagement, easy pedal pressure and quiet operation. Testing has shown this clutch is capable holding 805 rwhp and over 750 lb-ft of torque. If you want to get your big power to the ground and keep your car a joy to drive, this is the clutch for you.

Weight: 32lbs.
    Pedal Press: Stock + 10%
    Torque Capacity: 750

thanks guys.....this used clutch has no groves in the pressure plate or flywheel.. just some hot spots that i am going to get refreshened.....This kit must be the older version cause it has a steel flywheel that some machine shop drilled for weight purposes, and it has what ctsv154 says a 2 sided carbon floater disc. The other discs have carbon on one side only leaving the organic sides for the flywheel and pressure plate.does that sound correct...I will be puttting it in about 3 weeks from now...The guy who sold it to me said it worked great but he was using a Mcleod slave with it and the pedal pressure was stiff and didn't like it...plus he got a good deal on an Excedy twin and his buddy put it in his V for him free...
    The outer disc has carbon-carbon on both sides, one to rub against the floater and one to rub against the "casting". If Darkman is correct then i have the wrong disc for the pressure plate because my outer side that runs against the metal pressure plate is organic not carbon.

Quote Originally Posted by RADARB8 View Post
    If Darkman is correct then i have the wrong disc for the pressure plate because my outer side that runs against the metal pressure plate is organic not carbon. [/COLOR]
    Darkman knows nothing about this. Darkman just copied info from the Vengeance Racing webiste.

thanks guys,,,I am going to goggle Vengeance racing right now and check it out. and probably give them a shout...good info:

Can you post up some more pics of the discs?

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    Can you post up some more pics of the discs?
    Vengeance has some pics of theirs (may be different though).

i didn't see anything on Vengeance Racing... been trying to bring up some pics that i took of the discs for the past 3 hrs.pissedi need a drink. going for a bud select55 right now....OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics of RPS disc's. maybe this will help.
    Attached Images

Those look correct to me. Organic on the sides that face the steel and carbon on the side that faces the carbon floater. I dont know enough about carbon clutches to tell you they are in good shape but it looks like all the right parts.

When i go to the shop and get the flywheel and pressure plate cleaned up it will look like new....just curious....has anyone ever seen a flywheel drilled and balanced to knock off 21lbssteel flywheel is now exactly 2o lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    Those look correct to me. Organic on the sides that face the steel and carbon on the side that faces the carbon floater. I dont know enough about carbon clutches to tell you they are in good shape but it looks like all the right parts.
    Yeah, thanks guys...everything looks good to me..just don't know yet about the flywheel...it looks like quality machine work to me....................

https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/pr...in-Lite-Clutch Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ost2449710Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...nk#post2449710

And i will check out that Vengeance site Darkman....thanks again....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.