Mini Tubs Coming Soon - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Mini Tubs Coming Soon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; good luck jeff on getting this done right. cant wait to see it....
    liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Mini Tubs Coming Soon

good luck jeff on getting this done right. cant wait to see it.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tony tone View Post
    i'm running 20x10.5s in the rear like if it's nothing. i'm even tucking almost to the rim with a 285/25 nitto invo without rubbing and everything is stock apart from my k-sport coilovers. even better, i'm considering some step-lipped adv.1 multi-spoke wheels that are 20x11.5 with no modification other than a stretched 285 tire and based on measurements still no rubbing. what's your mission? i'd love to help. what wheels are they? are they custom? also, no spacers here either...
    I am runnin CCW C140s and HRE C2X wheels

The CCW are 18x8.5 and 18x9.5, no spacers and barely clearing the fender and mms from the trailing arm.

The HREs will be 18x9.5 up front and 19x10.5 rear...

The HREs i am runnin a 10mm spacer up front and a 10mm spacer in the rear. The spacers are to give the front clearance from the caliper and the rear clearance from the trailing arm. Again, that pesky trailing arm is annoyin me. I even have the offsetted one from MAP. that is what gainned me 1" more depth. I am runnin Pensky coilovers for the whole car with custom springs, So i have plenty of clearance for Neg camber...

How do you guys run these wide rims...Like i said i wanted to run a 325 tire in the rear like the vettes do...But i am stuck with a 305...

Washin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Twin Turbo 2005 CTS-V

The frame is rough cut and the wheels are on. Now he has to box the frame and weld it all up. Hopefully I will be beating some Lamborghini ass for Christmas.
    Attached Images

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Awesome. No rubbing so far? Looks tight!

bcarv87 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05` maggied V

WOW that looks close

tony tone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    I am runnin CCW C140s and HRE C2X wheels

The CCW are 18x8.5 and 18x9.5, no spacers and barely clearing the fender and mms from the trailing arm.

The HREs will be 18x9.5 up front and 19x10.5 rear...

The HREs i am runnin a 10mm spacer up front and a 10mm spacer in the rear. The spacers are to give the front clearance from the caliper and the rear clearance from the trailing arm. Again, that pesky trailing arm is annoyin me. I even have the offsetted one from MAP. that is what gainned me 1" more depth. I am runnin Pensky coilovers for the whole car with custom springs, So i have plenty of clearance for Neg camber...

How do you guys run these wide rims...Like i said i wanted to run a 325 tire in the rear like the vettes do...But i am stuck with a 305...
    wow, 305 is nice but i agree, 325 would be just that much better. i'm curious as to why you would have to run spacers with HREs. they're one-off wheels built to fit, therefore they should be hub centric and spaced accordingly from your caliper and trailer arm. my spokes clear the calipers pretty easily with no spacers and stock arms. no hub centering rings either, just wheel.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

That looks awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

856V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05V

holy tire

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tony tone View Post
    wow, 305 is nice but i agree, 325 would be just that much better. i'm curious as to why you would have to run spacers with HREs. they're one-off wheels built to fit, therefore they should be hub centric and spaced accordingly from your caliper and trailer arm. my spokes clear the calipers pretty easily with no spacers and stock arms. no hub centering rings either, just wheel.
    Had to run a spacer up front to clear my massive brakes, the rear was only to help my 275 clear the trailing arms...

Pesky trailing arms...Always in my way

Because of the positive camber dialed into our cars we decided to section the lower control arm and add about a half inch of material to get the rear tires to sit flush on the ground. No sense adding a nice big tire only to be able to take advantage of half the contact patch. Tomorrow he will be modifying the trailing arms. Unfortunately the Map arms are basically useless. I should have just had my guy make me a set to begin with.
    Attached Images

Here are a few more pics for you. Looks like he will be customizing the MAP trailing arms tomorrow.
    Attached Images

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

sexy...

Mini tubs are done. In order to make a set of 305's fit with a stock offset you basically have to re-engineer all of the suspension components. It was a lot of work but in the end it will be worth it. I plan on picking her up by Thursday and hope to have some video of test launches soon.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.