Creative Steel motor and transmission mount installed - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Creative Steel motor and transmission mount installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; i think i am due for new motor mounts...
    JCaddyV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 2005 CTS-V

Re: Creative Steel motor and transmission mount installed

i think i am due for new motor mounts

Fore V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V 2005 - Black Raven

I just want to say thank you to all for their input on motor mounts. I choose to go with CS and I am very pleeeesed with the results. No added vibrations. The engine does not shake anymore. The old mounts were 3/16" sagged! What a bad design. Kristie was awsome to deal with. I will recommend. I had my mechanic do it and took him 3.15 hours. I have around 4000 K with them.
    Cheers from the North!

Noisycow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    Yes, we do offer a military discount, 10% off the total of the order. Fax a copy of your DD-214 or military ID, tell Kristie when you call, she will hook you up. Our fax number is 503-316-1814.

Thanks for signing up you guys, very cool. Max
    Hey! I never got my 10% discount. I am a member of the Kiss Army

Seriously, you couldn't work with a better product or people than Creative Steel. They did my mounts at their shop. Lucky to live near by.

-Vance

Black Sunshine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Installed my mounts two weeks ago. Everthing is great so far. Nice and tight.
    The OEM's failed completely allowing the headers to rub on the steering column.

ddeem is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

I have a 2005 V with 66K miles and the mounts are gone. I see that the Cadillac intake cover had rubbed against the strut brace... Not good... I just ordered motor mounts from Creeative Steel online. If anyone needs the address they now have a website to order parts.

creative-steel.com

Icucmeus -In your first post you mentioned doing the job on jack stands. Did you remove the front tires to get a better angle on the lower mount bolts? I am debating doing the job myself as the dealer wants $450 for install only. I do have air tools and a floor jack, etc. I do not know any other mechanics in the area except one that I will call this week that I would trust. I am near the Allentown, PA area.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
    Dave

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

I did it on jackstands in my garage. You don't need to take the wheels off, you can reach the bolts. Might be helpful, but I was able to get to them. I didn't think it was possible, but I could get to them. Also the subframe will give you more slack if you support the wheels. Once I took the subframe bolts out I didn't have nearly as much drop as the video from CS showed. I put my jack under the tire and put some support under it and it opened the gap up.

Also, when taking the rear lower bracket bolt out, remove the nut first!! I wasn't thinking 100% clear (had a few beers at this point from the header uninstall) and went right for that stud with the reverse torx head. I snapped the head of the stud clean off.

Gishdream is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Is 450 about avg for a MM install? I thought it would be much less.

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by icucmeuc View Post
    And I couldn't be happier. I had a bad passenger side motor mount that was completely torn on top and causing all sorts of clunking and made the whole car shudder when starting and stopping the engine.

After installing the Creative Steel mounts the car feels extremely ... tight... I guess that'd be the best way to describe it. Going from 1 bad mount to new mounts decreased the vibrations I was getting CONSIDERABLY, but I have no reference going from good stock mounts to the Creative Steel ones.

I'll be doing the differential mount next / soon as it didn't look too good back there.

Some things to mention.

On the tools listing that they have posted up for the removal and install procedure on the motor mounts, a 13 mm socket is listed for the top bolt on the lower bracket. Mine were actually 18 mm... Also doesn't hurt to have a 3/8 drive flex and 1/2 drive flex too just to make it easier to get certain angles.

To get appropriate angle on the driver side lower mount nut on the lower bracket I found using a wrench to be just too freakin' frustrating. I unbolted the top bracket from the block and turned it around in there so I could get an air gun on the lower nut and took it apart that way. MUCH easier. For reverse I did the same just using a ratchet instead of the air gun, and leaving a thread or two loose so the bottom bracket could be properly clocked in.

I did this on jack stands laying on my back, and it took me 4 hours on my own, but an hour of that was fighting with the wrench before I tried the other approach. That is for both motor mounts and transmission mount.

I'm extremely pleased. The car feels completely different
    Did you have to drop the exhaust to change the trans mount? I've heard mixed experiences on this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gishdream View Post
    Is 450 about avg for a MM install? I thought it would be much less.
    Got mine done for $220 (CAD)...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.