belt tensioner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, belt tensioner in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hello my belt keeps coming off my 2004 supercharged ctsv and was wondering were I can find an aftermarket belt ...
    Ssspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v

belt tensioner

Hello my belt keeps coming off my 2004 supercharged ctsv and was wondering were I can find an aftermarket belt tensioner?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: belt tensioner

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

The tensioner that comes with the maggie is a Dayco part that you can pick up at Advance Auto Parts. I dont recall the part number but someone on here has it. Or you can call Magnuson, they will tell you the part number. They also sell a heavy duty that is stronger than the original Dayco but it is around $115 if I recall.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

I have the Katech unit. It's a nice billett piece. No spring load which is what you want.
    CTS V Redline 05 . MOTOR-- Katech LS6 stage II H&C, Kooks 1 3/4, FAST102 w Nick W 102 TB, Corsa, Lingenfelter CAI, Stealth intake tube, UUC shifter,UUC motor, trans and diff mount. Exedy GT04SD Twin Disk clutch . Mocal oil cooler BRAKES/SUSPENSION-- UUC 2 pc. rotors, Hotchkiss sways, KW V3s coil overs, MAP trailing arms, SW cradle bushings and BMR toe rods, corner weighed. Team Dynamics ProRace wheels, 275/35/18 GAC Hoosier (track). Allston Rollbar, Sparco seats and Schroth harnesses.

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I had the same issue with on my 04 also.

I replaced it with the Gates 38131 Tensioner. It is much sturdier that the original and is a direct replacement. Here is a side by side comparison. Paid about $50 at local auto store. The original tensioner I think is also made by Gates

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

What comes with the Maggie is a dayco. Magnuson will verify this and also, he has a blower so you may want a heavy duty spring loaded tensioner, not a solid. I have heard you can use them and then again I have heard you can't. I've never tried one. Katech will tell you not to.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

My belt does that, too, especially when I do a lot of WOT (which isn't often fortunately).

This came with my maggie. I still have yet to put it on.

'05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

nlpy8b is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Ssspeed View Post
    Hello my belt keeps coming off my 2004 supercharged ctsv and was wondering were I can find an aftermarket belt tensioner?
    \

I just got the HD tensioner from Magnuson and they charge $115 + shipping. I now have other mods coming including an 8rib setup so I will no longer be needing it. If you want it I will send it to you for $100shipped (I've only had it on there for a week) and that'll save you a little $. PM me if your interested.

jaskel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Maggied CTS-V

still have the upgraded maggie tensioner?

nlpy8b is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by jaskel View Post
    still have the upgraded maggie tensioner?
    Yes I do. Shoot me a pm if interested. I don't check the treads very often.

z28dogg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ctsv

I had the same slipping after hard driving, thank god i heard the belt slapping before it completely failed. I ordered a katech, should be installing this weekend. I on the other hand am only bolt ons with a hefty cam.

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Get the ECS one and call it a day. It's crazy strong and a partially enclosed design which should in theory keep your belt in place if the tension doesn't.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.