Weight Reduction Checklist - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Weight Reduction Checklist in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Somebody should make an affordable CF or maybe even fiberglass replacement for the stock sunroof. I really wish I didn't ...
    UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Re: Weight Reduction Checklist

Somebody should make an affordable CF or maybe even fiberglass replacement for the stock sunroof. I really wish I didn't have one. Removing the motor/glass and everything should help a lot. I know I pulled off of my Talon is really heavy.

leosul@verizon.net is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Sorry, been having a bad week at work and came home late to read this. My idea? for almost $16K I would buy another V! Just my sarcastic venting, pardon.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You know what we send at most on all our upgrades is still a fraction of what is spent professionally.

Yes i have spent over 100K on my car on just upgrades, but it feels great everytime i drive it and spank the crap out of other cars who think i am a push over...

I am almost on the same platform as the new ZR1, just need to shave off a few more pounds and fix up my setup. Front splitter helps me grip with the new 275s up front, the 305s in the rear help me grip along with the SCCA spoiler. I have a kevlar diffusor and probably will install it for added rear downforce.

If you want to get proformance and qulity out of your ride, you have to get rid of this notion of oh thats just too much for me to spend. Mclaren F1 when it first cam out was a full Million dollar sports car, today almost 16 yrs after its release, they are still hard to come by and starting price is over 650K. That is a true super car with just the right amount of everything

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    Naf, have you had your car weighed lately? Anybody else have weights on their Vs? Could be helpful info for this thread.
    Naf? Anybody?

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I had my 2004 V weight months ago, 4020# with me in it
    I'm at LG Motorsports (right now)
    Going to corner weight the V -- with LG/GSS coilovers
    should know answer in about 4hrs or so...

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    Naf? Anybody?
    I weigh in at 212lbs.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...sion-tech.html

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycecco View Post
    I had my 2004 V weight months ago, 4020# with me in it
    I'm at LG Motorsports (right now)
    Going to corner weight the V -- with LG/GSS coilovers
    should know answer in about 4hrs or so...
    My 2004 V after coilover install is 3778#
    Attached Images

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Havent weighed mine yet...Waitin on my starter connector and new diff...I will change these parts out and weigh my car fully then front and rear for balance...

I think i will have the lightest V on the road...But its all a guess till i get actual numbers...

How full were your fuel tanks???

soflarick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycecco View Post
    My 2004 V after coilover install is 3778#
    How much fuel in it? Did they ballast the driver seat with your weight during the corner weighing? What other things were done to the car between before/after weights?

Quote Originally Posted by soflarick View Post
    How much fuel in it? Did they ballast the driver seat with your weight during the corner weighing? What other things were done to the car between before/after weights?
    1/2 tank of gas
    Let me think of mods/parts:
    LG coilovers, stock rims, stock seats, stock panels, K&N CAI
    Magnaflow mufflers, hotch sway bars, rear strut tower bar

and they used me as ballast...lol....
    the picture and weight is WITHOUT me in the car.

Jerry
    "ballast"

aesthetect is offline Cadillac Owners Member

has anybody removed the floor sound deadening (tar stuff)? or other sound deadening (doors?) and have any idea of weight savings?

sorry i know this is old but this is exactly what im looking for. now that the V1s are getting pretty cheap im really thinking of going that route for an upcoming race car build

Naf, any update on having gotten your car weighed? sorry I'm having trouble finding it via search but I'd be very interested in reading your build thread (if you have one on here)

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Don't hold your breath on getting something from Naf - his inputs have always been sporadic and lacking in important details. I haven't seen anything from him in quite a while.

Look for build threads by Junior1 and yooper. You should be able to find some weight reduction info there, or ask them for details.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Rollbar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04- V with 6.2 L

My 04 is at 3720 lbs with 1/2 tank gas,4 pt cage,race seats with nothing left behind them.No cf.Full dash,all glass, window motors,and speakers intact.No driver.Lots of room for further weightloss.3620 lbs is a possibility with no carbon fiber.Have heard of some old Spectrewerkes carbon hoods,doors,trunk lids but don't know where to obtain.My car will be for sale this time next year.Gonna do 3 more track weekends next summer then start C6 build.Caddy has bigger,better,improved everything.Except diff and drivetrain:they are all stock with 2010 GM diff.and everything BMR sold for diff. and susp. Na 6 litre 550 hp at crank(currently 15 hrs on motor-should be 25 hrs at time of sale).Penske single adjustables.Diff cooler.Davis radiator.Cup car power steering pump and larger cooler.2 sets racing Forgelines and stock wheels,Yoopers Spectrewerkes air extracter hood.No rubber in suspension,motor mounts,or tranny.Currently runs high 1:39s at Rd. Atl.Car has been built and mantained by MTI Racing in Atlanta.All can be yours for the low,low,price of 23K -Next year.Thankyou to all regular forum guys that have provided help for the past 4 yrs!!

----------

Just remembered more stuff.My 3720 lb car still has ac and emergency brake.Huge weight savings if removed.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Roll cages are heavy for this medium/big sedan.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    Roll cages are heavy for this medium/big sedan.
    Holy crap! Look who showed up!

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Don't hold your breath on getting something from Naf - his inputs have always been sporadic and lacking in important details. I haven't seen anything from him in quite a while. ...
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.