Gto TVS 1900 on an ls2 CTS-V? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Gto TVS 1900 on an ls2 CTS-V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Anyone know where to located a C6 LS2 TVS1900 kit? I can not seem to locate one...magnacharger does not list ...
    woodnutz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Gto TVS 1900 on an ls2 CTS-V?

Anyone know where to located a C6 LS2 TVS1900 kit? I can not seem to locate one...magnacharger does not list one on their site from what I saw.

lilrob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

just curious if this is still up in the air or everyone gave up....i have been wanting to do the same

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    TVS2300 http://www.harrop.com.au/sc_detail.php?prod=HTV2300KIT

TVS1900 http://www.harrop.com.au/sc_detail.php?prod=HTV1900KIT

Holdens are the Australian Pontiacs G8/GTO cars. They have the same motors as us. LS1/6 and LS2. I figure that they would be ok as long as you could figure out the pulley issue that they were talking about earlier. This was the way I have been envisioning after I get the money to have the lower end rebuilt to take as much boost as possible on E85.

Course, if I have the lower end built (I lack the necessary equipment to do it in my garage) I will probably get some different heads so I can run a Whipple or Kennel Belle or something.

ls6v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    TVS2300 http://www.harrop.com.au/sc_detail.php?prod=HTV2300KIT

TVS1900 http://www.harrop.com.au/sc_detail.php?prod=HTV1900KIT

Holdens are the Australian Pontiacs G8/GTO cars. They have the same motors as us. LS1/6 and LS2. I figure that they would be ok as long as you could figure out the pulley issue that they were talking about earlier. This was the way I have been envisioning after I get the money to have the lower end rebuilt to take as much boost as possible on E85.

Course, if I have the lower end built (I lack the necessary equipment to do it in my garage) I will probably get some different heads so I can run a Whipple or Kennel Belle or something.
    Looks like the generic setup blowers on the site are something that could possibly be made to work with our cars, a 2300 would be pretty sweet

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Yea but I think the stock LS6 in my car would need a total rebuild to take what a 2300 could throw at it. Plus I would want the intercooler also. Also either 1900 or 2300 would probably be too much for the stock diff... That is complete speculation if course but if I was gonna have a 2300 on there I would be mighty careful with her til I had an 8.8 or 9 inch in there.

ls6v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Yea but I think the stock LS6 in my car would need a total rebuild to take what a 2300 could throw at it. Plus I would want the intercooler also. Also either 1900 or 2300 would probably be too much for the stock diff... That is complete speculation if course but if I was gonna have a 2300 on there I would be mighty careful with her til I had an 8.8 or 9 inch in there.
    The 2300 has an intercooled manifold. Ya I'll definitely be doing an 8.8 before I try anything like this. I think the 2300 would work fine on a stock motor with modest boost. I saw a thread online where someone used a 3.3l blower on a stock ls6, sounds like a bomb under the hood of course but would be killer to say I had one of those under the hood.

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Don't understand how you blew past my post and found this one to revive from the dead. GTO kit will not work, the pulley offset is different. I installed an Edelbrock E-Force TVS 2300 on my otherwise stock LS6 and it's working fine, you just have to make it work...just as with anything else.

Interesting find - If you look at the Harrop link, they offer a "Stealth Force" supercharger...it's an Edelbrock E-Force. Check it out.

Here's my thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ce-thread.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.