10AN Oil Cooler set up - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 10AN Oil Cooler set up in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; When I added a cooler on my Moostang, I figured the additional capacity based on the cooler size (Mocal's specs ...
    AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: 10AN Oil Cooler set up

When I added a cooler on my Moostang, I figured the additional capacity based on the cooler size (Mocal's specs include the actual capacity of the cooler) + the amount in the lines (somewhere I found a thumbrule of 0.xx qts per ft of -10AN). I think it was right around a quart extra on that car - it has a 25row cooler, so that alone was 0.55qt.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

I think the oil in the cooler may not all drain out when changing the oil on mine. If it did I bet it would be an additional quart as well. Probably was when I first installed it and filled it the first time I added one extra quart.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Nice work. If you were to go with a dry sump system, where would you put the tank?
    What size front tire/wheel combo do you run on the track?

I'd probably go with an Accusump. All thats needed now is a T fitting in the return line. I'd probably have to think about a mounting spot. Not much room up front.
    I've run stock tire sizes on the track most of the time. This year I'm running 275/35s on Team Dynamics like AAIIIC is. I also have a set of KW Variants for this year as well.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

What 275s are you going to be running? That's the same size I'm going to run as well with R6s. Still going to be on the stock FE4s though sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    What 275s are you going to be running? That's the same size I'm going to run as well with R6s. Still going to be on the stock FE4s though sadly.
    On the street I run Yoko Advan AD08s in the stock size. I have rebadged R6s from the GrandAm series (Continentals) in the 275 size. In the spring I will be unloading my trusty H&R / FG2 (only 20K miles) set up which I really am a big fan of. I hope the KWs perform as well. I'm sure they will.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    I'd probably go with an Accusump. All thats needed now is a T fitting in the return line. I'd probably have to think about a mounting spot. Not much room up front.
    I've run stock tire sizes on the track most of the time. This year I'm running 275/35s on Team Dynamics like AAIIIC is. I also have a set of KW Variants for this year as well.
    This post reminds me - I've got an Accusump sitting in my garage that I need to install. After looking at several locations I think I am going to fabricate a braces attached to the two points where the radiator sits. if I do that, I will remove the radiator and drill through bottom for the mounting bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    This post reminds me - I've got an Accusump sitting in my garage that I need to install. After looking at several locations I think I am going to fabricate a braces attached to the two points where the radiator sits. if I do that, I will remove the radiator and drill through bottom for the mounting bolts.
    Love to see it. Keep us posted. I guess the spare tire tub is to far away huh?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Love to see it. Keep us posted. I guess the spare tire tub is to far away huh?
    The spare tire tub is not necessarily too far. I discussed locations with Canton Racing's technical folks and they reported a lot of sedans run them in the trunk. They even said that 10 AN would be large enough line for that application. I would be tempted to run 12AN over at least part of that distance or maybe just opt for a higher pressure valve. You could call Canton and ask - they are pretty accessible.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

A few more shots of the inner fender mount.
    I still have yet to get my setup figured out. Unfortunately, your filter location would interfere with my new brake cooling ducts. (Pictures of that to follow soon, I need to update the brake cooling duct thread.)

The other unfortunate thing is that Earl's doesn't make the spin-on adapter you used in the 13/16"-16 thread. I see it listed for under $35 on Summit Racing. The only equivalent piece I've found is from Hamburger's and costs >$100 on Summit and it has -12AN ports, which means even more money for fittings!

Good luck with finding a spot for that filter. Not a lot of good options unfortunately.
    Sounds like you found a suitable spindle plate for the ducts. Love to see it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.