2005 Cadillac Cts-v w Side Pipes - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 2005 Cadillac Cts-v w Side Pipes in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; It's open headers..02 sen x2 and cats..then straight pipes into the side exits...No issues with the side skirts...the pipes actually ...
    mrmojo95 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Cts-v Ls7 Clutch/Fly, Cam, LEDint/ext, side exit exhaust

Re: 2005 Cadillac Cts-v w Side Pipes

It's open headers..02 sen x2 and cats..then straight pipes into the side exits...No issues with the side skirts...the pipes actually Don't get very hot at all...I would show some underside pics, but i cant figure out how to free up space in the picture manager function here (mines full)...I was thinking of filling the rear exit holes with a nice carbon fiber mesh screen..or maybe the same material as the classic Cts-v grill...The decel rumble is friggin incredible..and I have mastered the little blip of fuel popping on cold mornings..Makes old lady's walking their dogs startle a bit...Oh BTW i dropped in an LS7 clutch and Flywheel..revs like butter now...Hope i answered all the questions..You are welcome to find me on Facebook and see the routing if i cant post more pics...Just message me...

http://s578.photobucket.com/albums/s...rmojo95/Caddy/

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

I would love this idea if we could have them come out of the side skirt rather than under it. I would be worried about hitting the pipe on bumps.

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

I love your setup, But i'd pipe it from a E-cutout instead of direct. And leave the stock mufflers there for when I want it quiet .

Sounds so sick though, is there no cops in your area? I wouldnt last a week in my area with a setup like that .

I run a shop in Euless, so many of the local POPO are customers of mine, but believe me there are many beater imports and trucks that are just as loud in this area, so its fairly common... I have rolled up to many a cruisers..and never more than thumbs up. Its actually quiet until WOT then its crazy loud. It has tamed my driving, I live in the lower RPM range now where as before I was 4k plus..which is tough to avoid now that the LS7 flywheel is in there...

You know actually ground clearance is great because of how the frame angles up...if I were lowered things would change, and I really wanted to see how they help up on curves and speed bumps before i chromed them or such...No issues at all...just gotta watch the ankles on the rear seat entry...It'll blow a skirt up if you do it right..lol

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

It would make burnouts look badass!

Baltimore07V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Your going to scare some little kids starting that up in a parking lot one day. With a sound like that I would expect to see a number on the hood and Jimmy behind the wheel.

perfect is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum

x2 on thinking that you should run them through the side skirts instead of directly under the skirts. Would make it look much cleaner.

Also...maybe I'm misunderstanding but how do you have "open" headers if you still have cats?

bneal1022 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis

that's exactly what mine sounds like, but i have DMH low pro cutouts behind my cats inline with my kooks and borla. i have to keep the sleeper aspect of the V. That is the beauty of it.

Vindication was mine yesterday. In my sleepy town there were a few high school kids oggleing a scion or something and they caught me looking at them. One said "whatever a caddy big deal, now THIS whip is hot". ugh... whatever.. I would prefer to let the car reveal itself along side them on the street, but that was not possible so I opened the DMH and punched it... They were not impressed, they were scared. I think 2 of them peed a little.

Hamrhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V WD Sedan 6M

Quote Originally Posted by bneal1022 View Post
    They were not impressed, they were scared. I think 2 of them peed a little.
    ^lol

Sidepipes sound good, but they aren't for me and my V.

Roidz24 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V

Wow. Does that give you a headache driving around like that?

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by perfect View Post
    Also...maybe I'm misunderstanding but how do you have "open" headers if you still have cats?
    I think he just meant that there are no mufflers. A lot of people call the exhaust manifolds headers by habit.

Did you get headers Mark?

You are correct, it is stock exhaust manifolds, 02..cat..02..simple....I was somewhat concerned that Aftermarket headers would significantly increase sound...plus this really was a spur of the moment fun project..No headache..Its not loud at idle or at low RPMs...I actually find myself with the windows down often because the sound really enhances the driving experience..plus alot of people like to converse at stop lights...

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

Awesome. Ever since seeng the V race car, I always wanted side exhaust. I agree w/ deedubb on the through the skirt idea. Pipe tips look a little sloppy but I like it. I always wondered if you blew some oil out the back. Wouldn't you be spinnin'? Then again, thats the way the CTS-VR was set up.

Just got the wheels redone..went with Bright Silver and metallic flake...also added crossdrilled rotors!
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.