Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Is the GM Factory sports exhaust..

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SCIronMike 
#1 ·
Is the GM factory sports exhaust for our cars exactly the same as the Corsa aftermarket exhaust? It is made by Corsa from my understanding, but I'm wondering if it sounds the same / performs the same.

#2 ·
It is my understanding that it is one and the same. I don't own one, but when I bought my V new from the dealer they had another one V in stock with one already on it. I listened to it, and it sounded the same. Additionally, I discussed adding one to my V after the purchase and my Service Writer always referred to it as a Corsa. Finally, GM licensed the Corsa which means that it is considered to be an OEM system which is legal under both Federal (EPA) and state law. Although they are routinely ignored and largely unenforced, most states have regulations that forbid any modification that reduces the back pressure of an OEM exhaust system.

#3 ·
In another thread it mentioned that in the later years GM may have gone away from Corsa and moved to Borla. There are actually two different part numbers for it, one is a dealer optioned borla, the other is a dealer optioned Corsa. what is the part number on the one you are looking at?

#5 ·
Actually, I bought my 2007 CTS-V used, and the previous owner bought it new with the factory performance exhaust option. The exhaust is just very mild compared to my AWE Tuning non-resonated exhaust on my Audi S4, and I am wondering how I can make my CTS-V sound more aggressive.

I'd do long tube headers, but there's no way to pass smog in CA. I'm now thinking about installing a x-pipe and getting rid of the resonator.

#4 ·
the resonator is made by Faurecia. I have also been told that the rest of the exhaust could also be as well. I've also been told the factory exhaust is built by a side company of Vibrant, or Eberspaecher North Americal (Eberspacher International GmbH of Esslingen, Germany).
They made the stock exhaust for the CTS, STS and Vue.

Corsa made the dealer installed exhaust option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.