Summary table of swaybar options - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Summary table of swaybar options in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX Brian broke sway bars? How in the hell? I want to see him drive. He must ...
    FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Re: Summary table of swaybar options

Quote Originally Posted by RyRidesMotoX View Post
    Brian broke sway bars? How in the hell? I want to see him drive. He must put Mario Andretti and Ayrton Senna to shame.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-sway-bar.html

Apparently he wasn't actually doing anything that you'd consider aggressive.

Andringa is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk

Fuzzy, are you trying to fix something that you don't like about the Hotchkis setup? Or are you just looking for something new to try?
    I've read a few posts from people that say their Vs tended to push with the Front and Rear Hotchkis bars. Trying to figure out which way I would want to go in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Andringa View Post
    Fuzzy, are you trying to fix something that you don't like about the Hotchkis setup? Or are you just looking for something new to try?
    I've read a few posts from people that say their Vs tended to push with the Front and Rear Hotchkis bars. Trying to figure out which way I would want to go in the future.
    I'm just experimenting at this stage (also with dual-rate coilover springs--thread link). The Hotchkis setup is just a little too soft for my cornering tastes, and I want to see if I can feel the difference with a bigger front sway bar. If I like it, I may buy the solid rear bar too.

With regarding to the people complaining about push, I wonder if a) they lowered their cars at the same time as they installed their sway bars, messing up their alignments and b) if the push isn't largely due to the crappy front control arm bushings. When I installed the TiC 95A trailing arm bushings (now also sold by Revshift), the rear end really stayed with me through corners are lot better. Small wonder, since the stock 60A rubber bushing was almost as soft as a pencil eraser. The front control arm bushings are even worse.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Just as an FYI - Addco does make a tubular rear bar. I hope to have it on my car this weekend. The part numbers for their tubular bars were 2447 and 2448. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2290 and 2447.

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    Just as an FYI - Addco does make a tubular rear bar. I hope to have it on my car this weekend. The part numbers for their tubular bars were 2447 and 2448. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2290 and 2447.
    If you're going to go tubular, I would've bought the Hotchkis set. Too late for you, though. The 2290 is solid steel and the 2447 is tubular. Huge difference in torsional strength.

Well the goal was to get in the ballpark of the no longer produced GMPP sways. The front matches up nicely, 1.38 GMPP vs 1.375 Addco (assumed identical wall thickness). The rear is a little different in that the GMPP is .94 solid and the Addco is 1.0 tubular. That is the one I'm a little worried about but I wanted to start with something a little milder than the 1" solid. If I don't like it I will go with the solid.

But in general most of the torsional strength comes from the outer diameter (gross simplification). If the hollow bar had a wall thickness of .25" then the hollow bar in this case would have a torsional strength of a about 80% of the solid bar strength (2290 vs 2247). At least that what I came up with. It's been a while since my ME classes.

If I was going super aggressive I would have gone with solid front and rear.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Who had the Addco bar(s) in stock?

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Last I checked there was still a set of GMPP sways for sale in the classifieds for $500.
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    Last I checked there was still a set of GMPP sways for sale in the classifieds for $500.
    soflarick's? I emailed him back when his ad was posted...said they were sold to someone on the another forum. ...cant catch a break on sways...

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    soflarick's? I emailed him back when his ad was posted...said they were sold to someone on the another forum. ...cant catch a break on sways...
    Got ya. That sucks...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

I emailed him as well with no luck. I bought the sways from neverenoughauto

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    I emailed him as well with no luck. I bought the sways from neverenoughauto
    Same here. They were $190 versus $200 everywhere else. Took a couple of weeks to arrive, however.

izcain is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

I know this is an old post but what bars did you end up sticking with Fuzzy? Likes, dislikes?

Deciding on which ones to install later here.

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black

addco front sway gtg? looks like not worth getting the rear but front is the biggest difference and closest to the GMPP?

Quote Originally Posted by izcain View Post
    I know this is an old post but what bars did you end up sticking with Fuzzy? Likes, dislikes?

Deciding on which ones to install later here.
    My Addco rear bar is arriving today to replace my Hotchkis rear bar. Although they're both 1" in diameter, the Addco is a solid-core bar, making it 35-40% stiffer (although triple the weight). Once I get the KW Variant 3's installed and fitted against the Addco front bar (there's a concern about clearance), I'll let you know what I think.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.