Summary table of swaybar options - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Summary table of swaybar options in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by rand49er Too bad we don't have the ability to swap all these on a single V1 then ...
    Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Re: Summary table of swaybar options

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Too bad we don't have the ability to swap all these on a single V1 then run it on a track and quantify the degree of understeer, neutral steer, or oversteer. That way, we could hold all the other variables constant.

I wonder if such results could be extended and used to predict behavior with other shock setups, other tires, other road surfaces, etc, etc. Hm-m ...

Yeah, I know, it's a pipedream.
    We could just sell our cars, put the money together, and buy the challenge cars...I'll run the north east events, you guys divide up the rest of the regions...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Lol. Good plan. I mean they're only $125k each right now. (I posted a link in the General section to the for sale thread for those haven't seen it). I'll take the rocky mountain events.

Actually it would be nice to see what kind of design characteristics/parts could be adapted to our street cars.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    Lol. Good plan. I mean they're only $125k each right now. (I posted a link in the General section to the for sale thread for those haven't seen it). I'll take the rocky mountain events.

Actually it would be nice to see what kind of design characteristics/parts could be adapted to our street cars.
    Spoke to Dan over there, they are about 200k each. That price online is for 1 car plus some of the spares. I figure by the time we are all done with our cars it will be close to that amount in total...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Looks like Suspension Techniques has added front and rear bars for the 1st gen CTS-Vs. (Apparently they don't realize they'll also fit the non-V CTS, as their online catalog only calls up the V.) Rear is a solid 15/16" (23.8mm). Their catalog shows the front is 13/16" (20.6mm), which doesn't make any sense.

On a side note, I was surprised to find that this thread has been archived, and thus didn't show up when I used the site's search function - I had to use the google search bar to find it. I wonder if posting to it will pull it out of archive status?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    ST has crappy customer service. They list the V2 but they only have bars for the V1. Guys have bought bars for the V2, told ST they would not fit and ST didn't care and wouldnt change their site...

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Well, they must have changed it at some point, because their online store doesn't even show Cadillac in the pull-down list if you select 2008 or newer for the model year.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You know how us V2 guys like to bitch. Even they must have been tired of it...

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

thanks for the info.. great thread.. +1 for stickied status

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Holy s**t. I just got my Addco 2290 front sway bar in. This thing makes the Hotchkis sway bar look like a toy. Weighs fracking 28.5 lbs. Exact same shape as the Hotchkis sway bar, so all of the pictures on the internet are wrong.

FoD
    FoD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Whatcha doin with your Hotchkis bar?

Quote Originally Posted by FoD View Post
    Whatcha doin with your Hotchkis bar?
    Once I get the Addco installed and drive it for a few days, I'll let you know. The entire weight (including the box) of the Hotchkis sway bar set is 29 lbs, so if I don't perceive a benefit to having the Addco, I'm sticking with the Hotchkis. That said, I expect good things from the Addco...it's something that looks like it was built for a 4,000 lb car that can pull 1.15+ G lateral turns.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Too funny my addco front and rear tubular sways are supposed to be on my front porch. However I am wondering if they omitted the rear as the package weight was only 20 lbs.

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

i have addco sways , the mounts that they come with ARE GARBAGE they squeak and make weird noises coming from the front BUT i will add on stock suspension with 56k on my car switches lanes with precision, i will say body role was eliminated by approx 65-75% ive installed hotchkis sways on a budies v and i will say those were better quality but only made it about 30-45% better... both made huge improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgCTS-V View Post
    i have addco sways , the mounts that they come with ARE GARBAGE they squeak and make weird noises coming from the front BUT i will add on stock suspension with 56k on my car switches lanes with precision, i will say body role was eliminated by approx 65-75% ive installed hotchkis sways on a budies v and i will say those were better quality but only made it about 30-45% better... both made huge improvements.
    Agreed on the bushings. The ones bundled in the kit don't have Zerk grease fittings, and I imagine that they do squeak when they get dry. That's why I purchased 35mm Energy Suspension bushings (9-5173R) with Zerk fittings and Prothane SuperGrease (19-1751). The latter will also go well with the Revshift / Delrin subframe bushings.

Don't agree on the quality of the swaybars. The Hotchkis ones have a nicer, powdercoated finish, but as far as the material properties of the sway bars go, I don't think you can make an authoritative statement on that unless you've actually broken a set or two like Brian (PISNUOFF).

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

Brian broke sway bars? How in the hell? I want to see him drive. He must put Mario Andretti and Ayrton Senna to shame.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.