Maggie owners check for this
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Maggie owners check for this in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I mentioned this in another thread. Remove the vacuum line to the brake booster (maggie end) and swab the hose ...
    heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Maggie owners check for this

I mentioned this in another thread.

Remove the vacuum line to the brake booster (maggie end) and swab the hose for oil and the barb fitting.

If you get oil you need a catch can.

Mine was full to the top of the fitting and there was a pool inside the maggie.

One catch can (I have duals) was oiled up and runs to the same vacuum fitting (the other side) as the booster.

The other catch was connected to a fitting on the maggie further upstream and I guess has less vacuum as it wasn't oiled up.

So.....

I am gonna connect one catch can (a bigger one) with dual fittings and see which vacuum fitting works the best.

Also, upgrading all the 3/8" vacuum line to silicone.

Got it here: http://boostcontroller.com/

MOD HELL

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread.

Remove the vacuum line to the brake booster (maggie end) and swab the hose for oil and the barb fitting.

If you get oil you need a catch can.

Mine was full to the top of the fitting and there was a pool inside the maggie.

One catch can (I have duals) was oiled up and runs to the same vacuum fitting (the other side) as the booster.

The other catch was connected to a fitting on the maggie further upstream and I guess has less vacuum as it wasn't oiled up.

So.....

I am gonna connect one catch can (a bigger one) with dual fittings and see which vacuum fitting works the best.

Also, upgrading all the 3/8" vacuum line to silicone.

Got it here: http://boostcontroller.com/

MOD HELL
    Any chance you can snap some pics of the lines you routed to the catch cans. I'm still baffled by which lines to catch oil from and having the ls2 doesn't help as no one seems to have done it.

Re: Maggie owners check for this

I think the LS2 has a built in breather near the back of the motor and is part of the valley cover.

That's where most trucks put them........

Here is a link:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...to-needed.html

Should be duck soup to grab that line and add a catch can to it.

The LS6 has one each on the valve cover.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Hmmm...I'll check this out tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Oh, man ... I am so far behind doing all this checking stuff. Loose bolts on H-E axles. Loose header bolts. IAT Twitch-Fix. Oil pressure sender that's kerfloohey and on and on. When does it end?!!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Oh, man ... I am so far behind doing all this checking stuff. Loose bolts on H-E axles. Loose header bolts. IAT Twitch-Fix. Oil pressure sender that's kerfloohey and on and on. When does it end?!!

It ends when you sell it or wreck it or it gets stolen, although it might get recovered (Murphy's law).

I gave up model airplanes for this.

greddy91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post
    Any chance you can snap some pics of the lines you routed to the catch cans. I'm still baffled by which lines to catch oil from and having the ls2 doesn't help as no one seems to have done it.
    x2 for pics of Heavy's engine bay.

Here is one.

The MSD coils are gone as I just had too many failures.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    I think the LS2 has a built in breather near the back of the motor and is part of the valley cover.

That's where most trucks put them........

Here is a link:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...to-needed.html

Should be duck soup to grab that line and add a catch can to it.

The LS6 has one each on the valve cover.
    OK, I'll have a better look tonight.

Stepside is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post
    I installed this "catch-can" yesterday on my LS2.
    Click on picture and then click again to enlarge it in a separate window.
    Attached Images

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Looks good, Stepside. I gotta do this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by Stepside View Post
    I installed this "catch-can" yesterday on my LS2.
    Click on picture and then click again to enlarge it in a separate window.
    Why does this look different on my maggie then. Only have the two hoses going into the maggie on driver side. I'm assuming the top one needs to be tapped for oil.

Catch can is also on the passenger side Hopefully length of hosing won't cause issues.

Here's the image.

Actually just made sense of the earlier pic. Bottom hose out of the two that are on top of each other would be the candidate.

Is that some sort of a pressure gauge or check valve I see on the catch can?

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Looking at those pictures. I would say you have it installed incorrectly. The line has no restriction in it so it would technically be a vacume leak at that point. You should run a PVC valve or equivalent in that line going to that port. That would be why you are getting alot of oil. It is just sucking it right out off the rocker assembly inside that valve cover.

I usually run BOTH top ports to one single line, then put a PVC valve inline on the single line and install it on the large vacume port you are using. That way it is regulated and not such a large leak, then at wot, it will open the pvc valve and allow blow by to leave the crank case as designed..

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Looking at those pictures. I would say you have it installed incorrectly. The line has no restriction in it so it would technically be a vacume leak at that point. You should run a PVC valve or equivalent in that line going to that port. That would be why you are getting alot of oil. It is just sucking it right out off the rocker assembly inside that valve cover.

I usually run BOTH top ports to one single line, then put a PVC valve inline on the single line and install it on the large vacume port you are using. That way it is regulated and not such a large leak, then at wot, it will open the pvc valve and allow blow by to leave the crank case as designed..
    My pic? Or the oil catch can pic from the other guy?

And yes I think a check valve is in order with or without a catch can. Any recommendations on check valves and places to get them from?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.