Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Why no Predator or SCT for 06-07 V's?

Tags
tune tuning
1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  06CTS-V 
#1 ·
Hi guys - anyone ever receive a reason from the two hand-held tuner manufacturers why they never developed for the 06-07 V? I always see availability of 04-05, but never 06-07.

#2 ·
I think mainly because it uses a different PCM. The 06 and up use the 58x reluctor where the 04-05 uses the 24x

#3 ·
How well does the V respond to the Predator canned tunes. I know my srt8 i had woke up after I put a canned tune on it.

#4 ·
I will be willing to shed some light here:

TERRIBLE.

I ran a predator tune (richened for my headers) before I cammed mine. When we dynoed the car it was running lean, despite my enriching. So lean it had 14 less horsepower than it should have! I got the tuner as a "quick fix" after getting my headers. As you can tell, quick fixes are just that.

I usually dont have bad things to say about products, but Kushan at Excelsior actually made a point of it to ask me who tuned it and then jokingly asked me why I was trying to create a lean WOT scenario... not cool...

#6 ·
Dyno/Street tune FTW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.