Poly swaybar bushings - anyone tried some "universal" ones? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Poly swaybar bushings - anyone tried some "universal" ones? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I do believe that energy suspension makes sway bar bushings of all sides. all you guys need to do is ...
    incubusjunkie614 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Poly swaybar bushings - anyone tried some "universal" ones?

I do believe that energy suspension makes sway bar bushings of all sides. all you guys need to do is buy the bushings
    in whichever size you have. You use the D brackets that typically come with the bushings and you can order front adapter blocks and hardware straight through hotchkiss.
    http://www.hotchkis.net/_uploaded_files/2279.pdf
    the entire parts list should be on the last page, you can call and order exactly what you are looking for. I know this
    because I had to figure it out the hard way when addco sent my tiny bushings with a BIG sway bar.

For reference the powergrid endlinks are a 10mm bolt size (stock/ no drilling) and are an extremely nice piece. The owner/ CEO. chief of design
    is also extremely knowledgable and helpful! (no, I am not affiliated with them, I simply like to share positive experiences)

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I ordered the 26mm bushings from energy suspension or prothane can't remember which. I will now also be ordering 2 of these. "16810288" Those I believe are the adapter blocks. This should all work well and be a real simple job.

dboydr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

I am in the process of finding the correct polyurethane bushings also.... man I wish they just made a set for the CTS-V!!!!

Anyways, I found so far that the Energy Suspension Greaseable Universals part number 9.5169 (27mm) or 19-1183 (27mm) Prothene is the ones you want for the front with a 1.5" block spacer to offset that odd OEM bracket, I know that the bushing is over sized from 26.6mm CTS-V bar.... But a few people said that is why the rubber ones wore out and one person already tried the 27mm bushing and said it works awesome. Is that correct? Or do You want the 26mm and have a tighter fit on the sway bar????

The Rear I am having a problem trying to find a 21mm bushing that has the bracket width of 3.50" (OEM eye to eye measurement), the only one that I have found that may work from Prothane or Energy Suspension parts is the part 9.5107 that is 20.5mm and uses the style bracket "B" with eye to eye measurement of 2 9/16 to 3 5/8 “it would work”... But I am not sure if 0.5mm would make that big of a difference in restricting movement of the sway bar? Or if maybe the 21mm polyurethane from part 9.5125 can be taken out and just used in the OEM bracket????

If anyone knows let me know please!!!

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I went with 26mm up front, but I don't imagine it matters much either way.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.