Poly swaybar bushings - anyone tried some "universal" ones? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Poly swaybar bushings - anyone tried some "universal" ones? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Would these be of any use? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT...
    shredder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

Re: Poly swaybar bushings - anyone tried some "universal" ones?

Would these be of any use?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
    Attached Images

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

$25 for 4 rod ends means those rod ends are basically garbage. I don't mean that as a jab at you, Shredder - a lot of people don't realize how expensive good rod ends are. Even $25 for a single rod end is a pretty low end product. Those endlinks would start wearing out and making noise within a matter of days or weeks.

That's why the Hotchkis and Power Grid endlinks cost so much. Obviously they're making a decent profit, but they're also using good components, which are expensive.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

AAIIIC, you have the KW and the Hotchkis sways... when you put the new endlinks on and made the sway bar more straight instead of angled up to meet the stock endlinks, how close is the bar to your shock. On my car it almost looks like they will touch when I swap out end links.

Actually, I just have stock swaybars. The endlinks I bought separately, based on reading that NormV had used them on his salvaged car. (What's strange, though, is that the links I got look nothing like the links he got from Hotchkis.) So far, so good with them - haven't heard any unusual noises indicating that the new position of the front swaybar is causing any problems. Perhaps this weekend I'll get around to doing the rears.

No word yet on the bushings. The place I ordered from earlier this week said it would be 3-5 working days to get them, then they'd ship them to me.

Oleksakjr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V & 06 Rubicon

Gotta quick question... I couldve searched but im right here... when lowering with h&r's I was planning on using zo6 endlinks

I was going to buy a pair from luke for the front, do i need them for the rear as well?

I was going to switch out the sways as well to hotchkis, how do their bushings hold up? should i use the hotchkis endlinks or zo6's?

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

O- you only need them for the front. I asked the same thing. Hotchkis bushing suck imo. I have to change them from what I guess will be once a year, I alos put 20,000 miles a year on the ol'gurl.

mostoyzwinz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Bump. What was outcome of uni bushings purchased?
    Multiple searches here plus outside the forum, and I can"t find a place to purchase front sway bar bushings alone...without a whole kit. Any ideas? Tried D3, Specter, Hotchkis, Lindsay, etc.

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    $25 for 4 rod ends means those rod ends are basically garbage. I don't mean that as a jab at you, Shredder - a lot of people don't realize how expensive good rod ends are. Even $25 for a single rod end is a pretty low end product. Those endlinks would start wearing out and making noise within a matter of days or weeks.
    AGREE!!!! The Fecking ends for my trailing arms and toe rods were ridiculous! Granted I went all top of the line, but when you spend 400 in parts PLUS tubing....

Just so you know, those metal to metal endlinks WILL and DO make clicking sounds on every bump. Theres an 05 out here with a blower, sounds like a sewing machine on bumpy roads - and its not from a cam! The lowering setup he ran uses no inner lined heims and ends (cheapie ish), and he actually had to have the entirety reverted back to stock cause he hated it so much!

As for generic poly, its better than beat up rubber! I don't see a problem with running universals, or even making your own endlinks, I see it done on hot rods, pro tourings all the time. The squeak can be eliminated with either high end grease from suppliers or good old home depot lithium grease. Yay 3 dollar fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by mostoyzwinz View Post
    Bump. What was outcome of uni bushings purchased?
    Got the bushings just before I moved from WA to VA and they're now sitting in my garage. Just based on my initial eyeballing of things, the fronts will definitely take some work to make them fit - I don't think they're as tall as the stockers, so they wouldn't fill up the bracket properly. I haven't really taken a look at the rears.

I'm at a track event this weekend, but perhaps next weekend I can get under the car and take a closer look at things.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

soflarick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Don't forget to share the video of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Got the bushings just before I moved from WA to VA and they're now sitting in my garage. Just based on my initial eyeballing of things, the fronts will definitely take some work to make them fit - I don't think they're as tall as the stockers, so they wouldn't fill up the bracket properly. I haven't really taken a look at the rears.

I'm at a track event this weekend, but perhaps next weekend I can get under the car and take a closer look at things.
    So, in a roundabout fashion, I finally got around to using some of these bushings. I initially installed Hotchkis swaybars front and rear, which of course meant I installed the poly bushings that came with those. Hotchkis supplies a metal block to allow you to use a "normal" swaybar bracket up front, since the stock front brackets are strange.

After a couple track events with the Hotchkis bars, I decided I don't like the handling balance (too much understeer), so this weekend I reinstalled the stock front swaybar. I also installed the 26mm Prothane bushings I had picked up. Since they won't fit the stock swaybar bushing brackets, I just used the Hotchkis brackets with the spacer they supply.

Tadaaaaa! Drove around a bit the past couple days with no unusual noises or anything. Heading to VIR next weekend so we'll see how the handling balance is with the stock front bar and Hotchkis rear bar.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

dboydr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

DID THEY WORK!!!???
    I am looking for replacement poly bushings for my CTS-V sway bars.... But can find any information of what or if anyone found one to fit the funky brackets?
    did the " 19-1182 (26mm) for the front, and 19-1164 (21mm) for the rear " work????

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by dboydr View Post
    DID THEY WORK!!!???
    I am looking for replacement poly bushings for my CTS-V sway bars.... But can find any information of what or if anyone found one to fit the funky brackets?
    did the " 19-1182 (26mm) for the front, and 19-1164 (21mm) for the rear " work????
    You should suggest this to Revshift.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I think Revshift was planning on doing this. BUt not sure

jclayc is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

I think I've bought every poly bushing out there, trying to get something decent around my sways but they always look and sound like they've got wiggle room in them after a few weeks. I think this is one of the weakest links in the suspension.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.