Diff Differential Bushing Install Removal - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Diff Differential Bushing Install Removal in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; [QUOTE=Gucci05V;2986083]Installed the CS diff bushing and block and last night. Huge improvement in drivability. Just firm hand pressure and it ...
    MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Re: Diff Differential Bushing Install Removal

[QUOTE=Gucci05V;2986083]Installed the CS diff bushing and block and last night. Huge improvement in drivability. Just firm hand pressure and it slid into place. Does this mean I'm in for trouble down the road?

You will have no problems, as long as the bushing can't "work" around in the housing you'll be OK, AND you installed the diff block which will be supporting the diff housing from above. Don't give it a second thought.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

Gucci05V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Awesome, thanks.

hawaiianguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

What are the torque specs for the diff bolts and the exhaust flanges? I'm bout to do the install this weekend.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master

See attached.
    Attached Images

hawaiianguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Thanks brother! That's exactly what I was looking for.

mattfranz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

I know this thread is from a while ago and this is probably a stupid question but do you need to put the sleeve back in there when you put the new brushing in?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by mattfranz View Post
    I know this thread is from a while ago and this is probably a stupid question but do you need to put the sleeve back in there when you put the new brushing in?
    The answer would be no, if the new bushing is one of the aftermarket alternatives.

qboykin is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Can someone tell me where I can buy the bushing? I don't see it on rockauto. I think it is on revshift but I want to make sure I am getting the right one. Can someone assist me with this?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Luke at Lindsay Cadillac has the UUC bushing which is the one I have. Scroll up and look on the right column of ads ... his is the first one.

I believe Revshift has a comparable product as well. Either one will work.

If you don't have the installation tool, you may want your local repair shop to do the install.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Kruss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Great steps and pictures! Thanks for posting!

CoopV06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06' cadillac cts-V

Who has a diff removal tool that takes out the factory bushing and sleeve? Without taking the rear diff out of the car. Any info would be great . Thanks.

vmarks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 3.6L AY6 stock

Quote Originally Posted by CoopV06 View Post
    Who has a diff removal tool that takes out the factory bushing and sleeve? Without taking the rear diff out of the car. Any info would be great . Thanks.
    I did rent a tool from one of our amazing forum members here, but when I was doing it, I found that this worked best for me:

1. support car.
    2. remove drive shaft from diff, so that you can angle it down a little from the mounted position.
    3. remove bolt from the mount that has failed. Loosen other mounting bolts but do not remove.
    4. with diff pointing downwards so you have access to the failed mount...
    5. get a fine toothed or diamond hacksaw. assemble with the blade inside the mounting hole, blade teeth pointing into the saw.
    6. go slow, and keep it straight as you cut. you will eventually cut through the steel bushing that the failed rubber mount lived in. Do not cut the aluminum, please.
    7. cold chisel and pliers/vice grips will let you curl up the edge of your cut into the mounting hole, and then a mallet will let you hammer it out.

There are youtube videos of people doing similarly with a sawzall power tool. This was scary for me, it goes way too fast and I'm sure they marked up the aluminum, where I didn't want to.

This was pretty easy. I replaced it with the poly UUC busing and haven't thought about it since. Use proper lock-tite and torque on the driveshaft and diff mounts.

osoriag is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CADILLAC CTS 06 6V 3.6L

Hello. I been having this problem with my CTS, I´ve already replaced the rear bushing twice (with OEM) within 2 years. You know where can I buy a bushing of better quality.

Thank you

CSTech is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTSV

Kind of a late response, but we have the bushing you need. And the tool to install it. PM sent
    Jordan @ Creative Steel Inc.

503-316-1811
    Open M-F 8:00-5:00 PST
    Jordan@creative-steel.com

Check us out at: http://www.creative-steel.com
    We're on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Creat...39612609499435

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.