E85 Conversion on Maggie'd V - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, E85 Conversion on Maggie'd V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just curious if the fuel pump played any part of the increase, or was it 100% the e85 tune ?...
    rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: E85 Conversion on Maggie'd V

Just curious if the fuel pump played any part of the increase, or was it 100% the e85 tune ?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Deedubb's barometric pressure's probably about 25 in Hg, too.

Just think with a baro of, say, 29.9 ... that's nearly a 20% higher boost figure for guyz at or near sea level.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    Just curious if the fuel pump played any part of the increase, or was it 100% the e85 tune ?
    A fuel pump will in no way increase horsepower unless you are losing power due to fuel pressure loss.

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Thanks for posting the dyno sheet Clint!

I have ditched the CAM idea for the time being. I think with Headers and the OD Pulley, I'll be pretty well up over 500RWHP which was my original goal. I've gotta do something about the wheel hop now.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Dee, you've basically got the choice between Kooks and B&B for headers. Yeah, I know TPIS has 'em, too, but Kooks and B&B are far more common, and I'd still with one of those two.

Ques: Are you at all into having some exhaust sound? The reason I ask is going B&B all the way back will probably yield the most aggressive sound, whereas the Kooks and, say, Corsa will be a bit more tame. If you go with either set of headers and maintain your stock exhaust with muffler delete, you'll save some bucks, and the sound will still be, as heavy puts it, "bitchin'." And the best part is you'll be able to pump air out of the cylinders much more completely.

The H-E axles would virtually eliminate WH, but spending on those, too, might put you in the poor house (if you're not there already). Specter Werkes bushings would help with a big portion of the WH (ask Tony) and be substantially less expensive, too.

And your diff? Guess we'll need heavy to come up with a miracle or you'll need to rob a bank somewhere.

What're your thoughts?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

As far as exhaust, I'm all for loud but honestly the best price will probably yield the path I choose.
    I have not read up too much on wheel hop because I never noticed it much in the past. Now it's a constant reminder. I would think the H-E axles or GE force ones along with some specter bushings would do me justice...if both are even needed. I already made a comment to the wife about the steel diff that nutz has for sale but it almost cost me a black eye!!

Now if heavy could get something going, I could probably save some coin.

But next steps for me are larger injectors, 10% OD pulley and headers...in that order. That is unless something cool comes up for sale lol!

Max-Q is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V & Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    As far as exhaust, I'm all for loud but honestly the best price will probably yield the path I choose.
    I have not read up too much on wheel hop because I never noticed it much in the past. Now it's a constant reminder. I would think the H-E axles or GE force ones along with some specter bushings would do me justice...if both are even needed. I already made a comment to the wife about the steel diff that nutz has for sale but it almost cost me a black eye!!

Now if heavy could get something going, I could probably save some coin.

But next steps for me are larger injectors, 10% OD pulley and headers...in that order. That is unless something cool comes up for sale lol!
    Just tell her you're going to buy the axles with all the money you are now saving in gas

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

quick question, in a vw/audi you are able to load multiple tunes and then switch b/w them using the headlight stalk so you can run high boost and that tune and go to a low bost setting if you dont have good enough fuel available.

is that sort of setup available for us to use on the fly.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    quick question, in a vw/audi you are able to load multiple tunes and then switch b/w them using the headlight stalk so you can run high boost and that tune and go to a low bost setting if you dont have good enough fuel available.

99% sure we don't have that option. Been going to the HP tuners forum a lot, and I haven't seen anything about it.

Dee: NICE!!!
    Quick question on the dyno pulls. Was there a difference in outside air temps between the runs. Oh, and what were the IATs befoe/after.

As for the injectors, why not just call Magnuson. Tom (510) said that he and I have 60# blue tops in ours. Like I said earlier, duty cycle didn't go over 60% on the dyno.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

Quote Originally Posted by 97BlueDeville View Post
    Congrads dave...!

Dave's CTS-V with E85 Conversion = 58 RWHP / 55 RWTQ Increase

Again "Fan of E85 Fuel!"

After a inline fuel pump, and e85 tune were installed on Dave's CTS-V, did a dyno today as you all know..

Results below of best run of 91 Oct VS E85 Fuel. "NO" other mods done.
    I'll just bump this post, cuz its so nice looking
    Clint, what software did you use to tune the car?
    I run HP tuners, and I'm curious exactly what the changes are.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    A fuel pump will in no way increase horsepower unless you are losing power due to fuel pressure loss.
    That's my point. Was there potentially an issue with the stock unit ?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I think this project ought to be named winner of the "Mad Mod of the Year Award" - just beating out asymmetric axles at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    I think this project ought to be named winner of the "Mad Mod of the Year Award" - just beating out asymmetric axles at the last minute.
    I guess 2009 (as much as it sucked otherwise ) has been a good mod year. And if we can get consistant results, this does beat out the axles. Whipple can have an early start at next years trophy.

I went back to the first post. At $299, this is a very interesting mod. I'll research how available E85 is in NY, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Question: The inline pump was rated at 550-600RWHP "on gas". Does this mean the rating is lower with E85, since you need to flow so much more fuel? I wonder if we can get away with using the Magnavolt? Hmmm.....this just got a little more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Dee: NICE!!!
    Quick question on the dyno pulls. Was there a difference in outside air temps between the runs. Oh, and what were the IATs befoe/after.

As for the injectors, why not just call Magnuson. Tom (510) said that he and I have 60# blue tops in ours. Like I said earlier, duty cycle didn't go over 60% on the dyno.
    I trying to remember what the temps were like the first day we dyno'd...I'm thinking 15 degree difference perhaps. Yesterdays dyno was mid day, while the previous one was at evening time...but its colder now here. Maybe Clint remembers.

I'll see what Magnuson offers for prices on 60#'ers. I wonder why I got the Green top 42#'s with mine

As far as your question about the RWHP levels on the external, i believe that is for that pump only. The stock pump remains intact and not touched. They should work together which leads me to believe that the max rated HP would be higher with 2 pumps (stock and inline)...or maybe I don't understand correctly. But what I do know is that its working and not starving from fuel from the pumps...only my tiny injectors

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post

Frost on LS1tech is currently making dual tune chips for our PCMs. It has been going on in Australia for a long time now and FROST has brought it to the US in an affordable package.

http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/products.htm

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.