E85 Conversion on Maggie'd V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, E85 Conversion on Maggie'd V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; You might wanna invest in some tuning software. I use HT tuners, and all it would take is two minutes ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: E85 Conversion on Maggie'd V

You might wanna invest in some tuning software. I use HT tuners, and all it would take is two minutes to switch tunes. I wouldn't fell comfortable with the car trying to adjust from E85 to gas. And with that much timing.....If you do have to run gas with this tune, don't lug the gears. I notice (this is my car with my tune) if I let the RPMs get too low (under 1500) sometimes I get knock retard. When I'm off the gas and let the RPMs drop, when I get back on the gas she goes into boost and the MAP spikes. Say your on the highway in sixth. Traffic slows down for a bit. When you get back on the gas, your RPMs are a little over 1000, the MAP will spike. This is when I get some KR, so I keep the timing low in those cells.
    You also may want to look into a wideband. Not sure how your narrowband O2s are dealing with such a rich AFR.

Keep in mind: This is from my limited experience with HP tuners, and watching/logging how my car reacts to changes in my tune. Hopefully the "smart" people will comment on my post.

Anyway, good luck today. Can't wait to see your numbers

Tony

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    You might wanna invest in some tuning software. I use HT tuners, and all it would take is two minutes to switch tunes. I wouldn't fell comfortable with the car trying to adjust from E85 to gas. And with that much timing.....If you do have to run gas with this tune, don't lug the gears. I notice (this is my car with my tune) if I let the RPMs get too low (under 1500) sometimes I get knock retard. When I'm off the gas and let the RPMs drop, when I get back on the gas she goes into boost and the MAP spikes. Say your on the highway in sixth. Traffic slows down for a bit. When you get back on the gas, your RPMs are a little over 1000, the MAP will spike. This is when I get some KR, so I keep the timing low in those cells.
    You also may want to look into a wideband. Not sure how your narrowband O2s are dealing with such a rich AFR.

Keep in mind: This is from my limited experience with HP tuners, and watching/logging how my car reacts to changes in my tune. Hopefully the "smart" people will comment on my post.

Anyway, good luck today. Can't wait to see your numbers

Tony
    Yeah, Tony's probably right to invest in a handheld tuner ... you know, just in case. You are blazing a trail here after all ... as far as this forum is concerned anyway.

I agree with Tony in the WB O2 sensor. But, the term "rich" may not apply since stoichiometric with E85 is 9.8/10/whatever so you have to adjust your thinking to that kind of number.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Yeah, Tony's probably right to invest in a handheld tuner ... you know, just in case. You are blazing a trail here after all ... as far as this forum is concerned anyway.

I agree with Tony in the WB O2 sensor. But, the term "rich" may not apply since stoichiometric with E85 is 9.8/10/whatever so you have to adjust your thinking to that kind of number.
    To clear things up. When I said rich, I was talking about running gas, if he can't find E85. I doubt the PCM is gonna simply adjust from 9.8 to 14.7. Then when you think about how easy it is for a Maggied V to go into PE, you'll be comanding an AFR around 6.5:1. That cant be good.
    Not trying to be negative. Just pointing out potential problems, so you can have a plan before it happens. I say just keep a cheapo laptop in the car.

BTW I knew when I mentioned "smart" people, Randy would be the first one to jump in

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Holy. Cow!!!!

Nobody will believe this. I gotta get the dyno sheet scanned

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    holy. Cow!!!!

Nobody will believe this. I gotta get the dyno sheet scanned
    just post the damn numbers!!!

Pre e85 was 429rwhp, post e85...... 487rwhp!!!

And IAT's stayed 20-30 degrees lower than last time after 3-4 pulls.
    Most will say no way but I'll scan and post dyno sheets!

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Maybe that is why supercharged race cars have run alcohol for years.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hell yeah man! Glad it all worked out for you, did they log the IDC during the dyno pulls?

I dunno what that is Ted, my tuner should be here sometime today to post the dyno sheets though and can answer that for me.
    I don't even have headers or have yet to put on the OD pulley. Should easily see over 500 at the wheels!
    I'm stoked!!

I dunno what that is Ted, my tuner should be here sometime today to post the dyno sheets though and can answer that for me.
    I don't even have headers or have yet to put on the OD pulley. Should easily see over 500 at the wheels!
    I'm stoked!!

Dang! Those are great numbers! Congrats!

Just think about the guyz at sea level doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    To clear things up. When I said rich, I was talking about running gas, if he can't find E85. I doubt the PCM is gonna simply adjust from 9.8 to 14.7. ...
    Oh, I see how you were thinking. I'm thinking you're probably right! That's a big adjustment going from E85 to "normal" premium gasoline in terms of the volume of fuel being injected ... I wouldn't think the PCM could adjust that far, either.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I'm stoked!!
    Injector Duty Cycle. The not having headers or the pully on yet is what I am concerned about since you didn't change the injectors. It's gotta be close already!

Yup I gotta get injectors next. I think they said my injectors were 100% at the top of 2nd/3rd . In fact, I can't do the OD pulley till I get 60#ers or better

Dee, when I was doing mine maggie a couple of years ago, Rick and I were communicating pretty closely. He had different injectors in his maggie and wanted the 60 #ers I had (Motrons). He ended up ordering the wrong ones. He seemed to imply that he had to eat them, though I'm not certain of that, but he ordered "long" ones according to him instead of "short" ones. All I'm saying is look everything over real well before you plunk down your plastic.

Dang, this is exciting!

97BlueDeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06' DTS

Congrads dave...!

Dave's CTS-V with E85 Conversion = 58 RWHP / 55 RWTQ Increase

Again "Fan of E85 Fuel!"

After a inline fuel pump, and e85 tune were installed on Dave's CTS-V, did a dyno today as you all know..

Results below of best run of 91 Oct VS E85 Fuel. "NO" other mods done.

97BlueDeville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06' DTS

IDC was 90% on the top of 4th.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.