Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Nitrous dyno results

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  SkullV 
#1 ·
Finally got around to having the nitrous tuned this past week. First bottle after converting it to a wet kit. Upped the jet from a 100 dry to a 125 wet, and she put down 491 at the wheels. I believe they are going to modify something else minor and rerun it, but the end result will be somewhere in the 490s.

Overall I am pretty happy with it. NA it made approx 375, but I was hoping the 125 would add exactly 125. The car ran great, no issues except maybe a little clutch slippage at activation.

#3 ·
Thanks. what shot are you using/plan to use? Thoughts of 150? Any tips you can offer as far as performance or reliability?

I expect you to be in the 515 range though, given your current numbers and known mods. And assuming you use the same dyno.

#11 ·
I am going to be going much bigger. The stock bottom end is SUPPOSED to be able to handle a 200 shot with a spot on tune and some cold plugs (3 ranges colder then stock). Looking at dedicated fuel systems and direct port. My previous numbers 512/536 were only on a 100 shot.

I am not sure what to make of the numbers from that dyno anymore. A couple people from EPP ran on it and got lower numbers then EPPs dyno and it had spot on numbers for my SVT Contour with what all other SVT Contour's are running

#4 ·
great #'s!! :thumbsup: Any graphs? So i know nothing about N02.. Are dry kits less dangerous then wet? is that why most stick with the dry kit?

#5 ·
The wet kit is safer in my opinion because you can tune the car specifically for the mixture, as opposed to letting the maf do it for you.

Got graphs today and will post when I can.

Final numbers:

487 hp
517 tq

#6 ·
At one point in time that would have been true, but with new technology like the Harris Speed Works Interface, a dry shot is probably safer because you eliminate the element of a leaking fuel solenoid. The only real safe way to go is direct port because you can tune each Cyl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.