Cadillac Owners Forum banner

A word of caution!!!!!

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  crash32 
#1 ·
Yesterday, my buddy and I installed the B&B headers and catback with no problems! The only setback was when we had to drive to our closest hardware store to buy a shallow 10mm 12 point socket since the one that we had was a deep one and would not fit on the passenger's side of the motor.

Now like I said a word of caution. When you put headers and a B&B catback with the x-pipe (no resonator or cats)......... it will absolutely rock the house!! When my car was idiling sitting in the garage it was rattling the windows in the house!!!!! So yes, it is loud.... very loud! :devil:

#3 ·
Gotta love a Caddy that shakes windows! Mine has been shaking windows for about a year now lol

#6 ·
Put a cam in it and you'll be shatterin them mugs!!!

#11 ·
Then you should do it!

#12 ·
Hey Crash, you have a vid? I'd really like to see one even though it would sound different in person i'm sure. I've gutted my B&B mufflers and have an x-pipe, and and will be adding B&B headers in a couple months. I'm looking for REALLY loud, so I might go with the no-cats option. :lildevil:

#13 ·
I will upload the video after christmas. If you are going for loud, then no cats is the only way to go! My friend got behind the V while I revved it up and it was so loud that when the video came up to the revs.... that the sound cut off completely!!! This goes for everyone, if anyone is ordering a B&B system and are going for loud... make sure that you tell them NOT to send you the frontpipes with the mini-resonators on them. I had them to ship me the correct frontpipes.

The best part is the cold starts. Nothing beats the sound of it idling after a cold start. Simply ridiculous! One of the best sounding cars that's not on the drag strip.

If it was not for the fact that I will be upgrading in the near future, I would be doing a cam/head job on it as well as a maggie. Wow, that'd be one sick ride!!

#18 ·
What is the best way to get a good audio on the V while driving? I have seen many videos that have great audio (most ZO6 videos), while cruising. Should the camera be in the rear with the windows cracked or will that pick up too much wind noise???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.