Cadillac Owners Forum banner

FAST fuel rails - whats used to connect to main fuel line

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  CTSVmapper 
#1 ·
Just wondering what options / connectors are available to connect to the pressure fuel line (passenger side comes up near the rear of the valve cover) on this ls6 to a threaded connection to hook up to aftermarket fuel rails, ie. FAST fuel rails.
I had been informed to use this:Russell Performance 640850, not really looking and thinking, I went out and bought it...
That doesnt work, oops. It looks like its just for installation onto the stock fuel rail...

Is there a part available (is the question) or is this just some more customizing to be done?

Thanks in advance.

#7 ·
Your details point to this: which is incorrect and will NOT connect to a pressure line.
On your right, this is a common piece that connects to a 3/8tube. When you remove the entire fuel rail system you are left with a hose end requiring the push tube to 'clamp' on.
the left is what is required. pn 640940 Russell (Fitting -6 AN Male to 3/8" Push-on EFI). And the plastic tools to remove hard lines.
ref:
http://russellperformance.com/mc/adapt_fit/fuel.shtml

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
quite aware. So yes, just looks. Maybe that D1-SC going on will require these rails though...

Got some new FAST rails for trade on some labor, got some nylon braided lines for free as well, just had to pay for some fittings...including this damn one. (above). looks alright... not sure I would under go doing something like this for the 200+ bucks though... maybe...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.