Cts-v 2006 automatic conversion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Cts-v 2006 automatic conversion in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Has anyone done....or can it be done....take a 2006 -v6 automatic and pull the engine and replace the v6 with ...
    RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Cts-v 2006 automatic conversion

Has anyone done....or can it be done....take a 2006 -v6 automatic
    and pull the engine and replace the v6 with the ls motor... will the automatic bolt up.... do u need a new wiring harness etc.. anyway if it is possible...can anyone shed some light on having an early model CTS-V with an automatic..
    In the meantime i will keep dong a search on this subject.thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Cts-v 2006 automatic conversion

RPM (not the mysterious vendor here) did it over on LS1tech (according to them) and said that it could be done at under 2k with price of trans.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

No, the automatic trans from the V6 CTS will NOT bolt up to the LS6 or LS2. Even if it did, you wouldn't want to use it anyway.

Like SkullV said, RPM apparently has put an automatic trans in a V.

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

what you asking is to do a LS swap into a reg CTS ?

No I hasnt been done

There is aCTS-V out there that had the manual trans pulled out and then installed a Auto..

But to swap a reg CTS would be pricey and not very easy IMO.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

sacrilegious, there are plenty of automatic performance cars you can choose from like a used STS-V.. why ruin such a rare thing in this day and age..

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

I think a car like a ctsv would be realy boring to drive in automatic...

I simply believe all performance cars should be manual.

(unless you have a pure 1/4 mile race car)

Ive drivin the lexus is350 and a SMG bmw M3 and it just didnt do it for me.
    The 3rd pedal in needed IMO

Oleksakjr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V & 06 Rubicon

I bought my shifter (B&M) from a dude who converted to an automatic... ill try to get more info. However I do agree with max and the others here, third pedal is a must!

Smile Re: Cts-v 2006 automatic conversion

Quote Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct View Post
    what you asking is to do a LS swap into a reg CTS ?

No I hasnt been done

There is aCTS-V out there that had the manual trans pulled out and then installed a Auto..

But to swap a reg CTS would be pricey and not very easy IMO.
    Yeah,that's what i want to do......take out the manual and pop in an automatic. maybe the 09-10 cts-v automatic would work..i just think a caddy should be an automatic.. stock it's peppy but with the right converter in an automatic it would still NOT lack pep... I mean how many fast cars on the street out there run manuals and actually hold up.... i have a mid 10sec. street, C5 FRC. 625bhp, with just an expensive head and cam pkg. it sounds great BUT i won't track it anymore cause it won't last 10 runs without blowing another mn-6 6 speed.....there garbage...Anyway that's just MO...
    I,ll be 62 in 3 weeks and after driving semi's all my life, my left kneecap has taken a dive and i just need an automatic. might sound crazybut i still want a 10sec. vehicle to go to the grocery store and back.. and the vette 6 speed is killing me.. plus me in a sporty vette definately does not fit an old man image. Yet if i pull up to my CC with a much quiter supercharged CTS i would just feel a hell of a lot better. A youngen or more elderly man like myself can feel good in the CTS....It's just a better, more comortable, luxury car. I hope to buy or build one soon so thats why i through this question out there. for 28 grand i figured i could get a 800rwhp built and installed in my garage. and that would be awesome....the main problem is keeping the wheels from hoping Any advice i am always open to,, pos. or neg. so thanks for everyone's input.ps:my username on the corvetteforum.com is[GREG O.] ....i have been a member here for a little while but still haven't found the right CTS for me yet....again thanks GREG O.

bjv
    bjv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 cts-v

If you want a high horsepower V then you need a Hennessey V2.

An automatic V1 should be fairly easy- lots of LS engines come with automatics- Vettes and Trailblazer SS's for instance. Might be a tight fit in the tunnel though. And you would probably need a new trans. mount and and new driveshaft. And some changes to the PCM. The PCM might be the hardest part.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Do a search on here, there's a thread about a sequential gearbox similar to the one in the CTS-VR.
    It was in a vette and goes for about 25k. I'm sure with enough money anything is possible.

lonestranger is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V -Blk/Blk/Blk Corsa exhaust, UCC, K&N, Kooks Headers,

Wink Re: Cts-v 2006 automatic conversion

Quote Originally Posted by RADARB8 View Post
    Yeah,that's what i want to do......take out the manual and pop in an automatic. maybe the 09-10 cts-v automatic would work..i just think a caddy should be an automatic.. stock it's peppy but with the right converter in an automatic it would still NOT lack pep... I mean how many fast cars on the street out there run manuals and actually hold up.... i have a mid 10sec. street, C5 FRC. 625bhp, with just an expensive head and cam pkg. it sounds great BUT i won't track it anymore cause it won't last 10 runs without blowing another mn-6 6 speed.....there garbage...Anyway that's just MO...
    I,ll be 62 in 3 weeks and after driving semi's all my life, my left kneecap has taken a dive and i just need an automatic. might sound crazybut i still want a 10sec. vehicle to go to the grocery store and back.. and the vette 6 speed is killing me.. plus me in a sporty vette definately does not fit an old man image. Yet if i pull up to my CC with a much quiter supercharged CTS i would just feel a hell of a lot better. A youngen or more elderly man like myself can feel good in the CTS....It's just a better, more comortable, luxury car. I hope to buy or build one soon so thats why i through this question out there. for 28 grand i figured i could get a 800rwhp built and installed in my garage. and that would be awesome....the main problem is keeping the wheels from hoping Any advice i am always open to,, pos. or neg. so thanks for everyone's input.ps:my username on the corvetteforum.com is[GREG O.] ....i have been a member here for a little while but still haven't found the right CTS for me yet....again thanks GREG O.
    Its your car, so you only have to satisfy yourself as to whether manual or auto. However, relative to the 09-10 auto, I think it lists at well over $4k in the crate (w/o converter or computer to run it!) Just a thought!

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by bjv View Post
    And some changes to the PCM. The PCM might be the hardest part.
    Probably the easiest/cheapest part. HPtuners support can segment your PCM to run an auto (IIRC for free).It would be a pain to get it wired into the PCM though.

thanks everyone for all the info. i have learned a lot. mainly that i am cancelling any plans to convert.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bjv View Post
    If you want a high horsepower V then you need a Hennessey V2.

An automatic V1 should be fairly easy- lots of LS engines come with automatics- Vettes and Trailblazer SS's for instance. Might be a tight fit in the tunnel though. And you would probably need a new trans. mount and and new driveshaft. And some changes to the PCM. The PCM might be the hardest part.
    That's what I was going to say. Look for a TBSS trans. Should be plugnplay to the engine. The Vette trans wont work. They are all rear transaxles, n'est pas?

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RADARB8 View Post
    thanks everyone for all the info. i have learned a lot. mainly that i am cancelling any plans to convert.
    Wait a year, and I would think you could get a used V2 for under $50k.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.