Opinions on Mallet Shifter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Opinions on Mallet Shifter in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Still torn on whether to order this. I've seen (and appreciate) Wildwhl's comments. But if anyone else has installed this, ...
    sefa01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Question Opinions on Mallet Shifter

Still torn on whether to order this. I've seen (and appreciate) Wildwhl's comments. But if anyone else has installed this, I'd love to hear what they have to say.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSV_Scott is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Opinions on Mallet Shifter

Just ordered mine. Should be in next week. I'll post a review as soon as I can.

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Opinions on Mallet Shifter

I had mine in for over a month now.

I do enjoy it, no question. But I was disappointed with how much I spent for what they did. It shortens the throw by shortening the shifter arm (something I wished they didn't do; I'd rather they raise the location of the pivot point or extend the shift arm below the pivot point) and increases the preciseness of the shifts (by changing rubber bushings to aluminum bushings). The transmission noise is definitely increased into the cabin, but I have heard people having success using foam to dampen the noise. The shifts are not as precise as I would like them and I, personally, expected more out of a $350 shifter.

My personal opinion to you is that if you don't mind spending the money, go for it- is does work. But if you are a little hesistant about spending that much and don't need it fixed right away, wait until another company comes out with the exact same design for much cheaper- it will happen.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.