Accessory power location - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Accessory power location in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by CTSVmapper its plain and simple that Nitrous Outlet are a bunch of douches to even say that, ...
    dannboss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 BMW M5 | 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Re: Accessory power location

Quote Originally Posted by CTSVmapper View Post
    its plain and simple that Nitrous Outlet are a bunch of douches to even say that, did they also tell you to run no fuse?.. cause you could get away with out one . Relay is a must and is the PROPER way to function a bottle blanket as SKULLV says.
    I think he was referring to this comment. Not calling you a douche. You've been a big help. Thanks! Still waiting on that phone number though...

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Ill PM u the number when I get home tonight.

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    And please do not call me some sort of fanboy like whisler...I'm in the process of switching noids to n2o outlet noids. Each company does something right. Hen you combine all the best stuff piece for piece you will have the best kit.
    I must have been away from the forum for too long and missed something. I'm a fan of the Nitrous Outlet guys. They were great when i bought my kit from them. Although since i have no idea what you're talking about in the quote above i guess i shouldn't assume it was in response to my comments. Im just here to help even though i am now V-less. I called Zex, waited on hold for about 8 mins and they said no relay required. Now if Danboss wants to use the small 10/15amp micro switch we talked about on the phone, then a relay should prob be used. I have nothing to gain from telling people to use zex, nx, nos, tnt, venom, harris, etc... I just did the research to help out and reported my findings.

P.S. don't listen to everything a vendor tells you.....ZEX would also tell you that this is a good idea:

when in reality it would freeze the crap out of your maf wires which will cause mucho damage. Read through the nitrous forum on LS1tech and see how great a reputation ZEX has....also...that install you posted that isnt using a relay is that guys FIRST nitrous install.

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Wouldnt it only freeze if the nozzle opening was straight out of theend of the nozzle? Most come out of the side which in the case above should send the nitrous towards the wall of the filter thus promoting an even cloud of nos.

Regardless, to answer the title of the thread, the cig lighter has a 12v accessory power. lol

**edit: just saw this diagram, def not MAF friendly

Regardless, to answer the title of the thread, the cig lighter has a 12v accessory power. lol

True, but it is not switched, and for a bottle heater activation switch you DEFINITELY want it to be switched. Accidentally leaving the bottle heater on when you park or overnight could equal BOOM...or hiss if you have a burst disk, and then you lose your whole bottle fill.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

Can it be used for RAP power for a aftermarket radio. Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.