Billy Boat Exhaust System & Exhaust Tip Photos - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Billy Boat Exhaust System & Exhaust Tip Photos in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; 5CTRVET - I stand corrected. You're right, it was GM's concern. I don't think Corsa was bad mouthing B&B either...sorry ...
    wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Billy Boat Exhaust System & Exhaust Tip Photos

5CTRVET -

I stand corrected. You're right, it was GM's concern. I don't think Corsa was bad mouthing B&B either...sorry if someone read that into my comments.

I'm sure both systems, when finished, will be very nice. I'm just with the rest of the "less patient" crowd and will go with the B&B that I already ordered...I believe both make a fine product.

Edit:

Billy - I'm wondering if you'd share with us how many confirmed orders you have at this point? I'm curious how many anxious V drivers on this forum have been encouraged by your quick, professional and continuous development and updates. I wonder how many, llike me, have ordered the product "unheard" at this point. I'm guessing it is quite a few...as many of us on this board have been somewhat impatiently awaiting an aftermarket exhaust for this car

Understand if you elect not to share...just curious.

jim mitchell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by bbexhaust
    Tuesday, August 3, 2004

The Billy Boat Exhaust for the CTS V-Series progressed nicely today as we completed the prototype system. Although the system is only tacked together, I couldn't wait to hear it so we started the car on the lift.

It sounds AWESOME. A deep, throaty idle and a nice bark as we brought up the revs. Should be driving it by lunch tomorrow, so I will give a full report tomorrow.

Check out all the progress HERE

I decided to go with a 4.3" round tip with a double wall. I posted a few other tips on the web site, but I think the round is the best overall option.

Thanks.

Billy Boat
    Billy...
    Same question from one of the other folks...is the resonator a resonator or is it a combo resonator/crossover. You mention a "bark"...since i'm mating your system with tpis headers and hi-flo metal mesh cats...will the bark be unpleasantly "loud" (understanding that's somewhat dependent on how hard the "loud" pedal is pushed) or un-Cadillac. No pick-em truck with glasspacks sound level...?
    Btw...solid choice on the round double wall tips...classy look!
    You've had my order since about day 1...looking forward to hanging the system!

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Oops, caused some controversy again I would just like to go on record that I did not say that Corsa was bad mouthing B&B, I said that from "my experience" I had never heard two vendors say anything nice about each other products. It always seems to me that one vendors is "better" than the others. Now, back to the exhaust.

From looking at my factory exhaust verses the B&B the pipes for the exhaust and the rear resonator are very close to the rear differential and heat could become an issue. I'm assuming that since this is a prototype system from B&B that these issues will be addressed before production. I for one do not want to pay $900.00 for exhaust and have a differential failure that was aided by exhaust heat (Yes, I have put in my order for B&B). I can already hear the service manager telling me that one. I'm sure Billy will address the issues and keep us posted. I for one would like to buy the best possible exhaust for my car whether it be the Corsa or B&B.

When are we all going to have that group buy on the rear differential cooler??

Shane

Billy -

I was just checking out the clearance between the stock exhaust and the BMR AWH kit. Looking at your prototype pictures, it appears there will be an interference problem. The stock exhaust has no more than 1/2" clearance from the BMR kit...so if the prototype exhaust is hanging down below the stock location by any measure at that point, it could be a problem.

Sorry, can't seem to find my digicam to snap pictures to help you out. I just want to be sure that this won't be a clearance issue, as I really like the BMR AWH results.

Thanks,

Bill

sefa01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Question Re: Billy Boat Exhaust System & Exhaust Tip Photos

Echoing Wildwhl's comments: I have the BMR wheelhop kit and I've ordered the B&B exhaust. Am I going to have a clearance problem?

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Add one more BMR wheel hop and B&B exhaust combo for my V.

haveboost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

WELL It looks great and I think I'm jumping on this group buy if the sound levels are right.

CTSV_Scott is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by sefa01
    Echoing Wildwhl's comments: I have the BMR wheelhop kit and I've ordered the B&B exhaust. Am I going to have a clearance problem?

Noooooo! My BMR kit arrived today and I ordered a B&B exhaust system!!

Billy, Please tell me there will be clearance.

Here are some quick pics of BMR vs. stock exhaust.

Since we haven't heard from Billy for a while today, I'm thinking he's out scaring ricers with the new found growl in his V.

Just got off the phone with B&B, I was right, Billy is out cruising town - can't wait for the kill stories.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV
    Since we haven't heard from Billy for a while today, I'm thinking he's out scaring ricers with the new found growl in his V.

DGTL -

I know you said Friday for sound bites/vids...any chance of getting to it sooner? I know, you've gotta make a living...

I'm sure he's out enjoying the bark and growl of his new ride. Looks from his pictures that his rear tires aren't even broke in yet!

Billy - Dgtal or I can help out with hosting some sound clips, movies, etc. Just drop us a line at StealthV Engineering or Dgtal

Drool....

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just got off the phone with B&B too. They called to confirm my order. Don't remember the guys name but he was super nice. He told me that they are aware of the BMR issue and have ordered the kit to verify fitment. He also told me that they may have to move the resonator a bit and that there will not be any heat issues with the rear end. Verifeid, Billy was out tearing up the road.

Shane

Agree, Dennis from B&B was super nice. Great customer service like that is why B&B got my money.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.