Hendrix Clutch Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix Clutch Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hi, heard about this thread and thought I'd post up. Little about myself. I'm in the Marine Corps stationed here ...
    Ironmancan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Pontiac GTO

Hendrix Clutch Review

Hi, heard about this thread and thought I'd post up. Little about myself. I'm in the Marine Corps stationed here at Camp Lejeune NC. On my 28th year now two more till retirement whohoo!

I have a 2006 Pontiac GTO, M6, APS Twin Turbo, Forged 6.0 ironblock and Meth. At 13 PSI and Meth I had 700whp/648wtq. While I know this is not a CTS-V we do have a few things in common. Biggest being our 4K weight.

I read the other thread and figured some here might prefer another review on how the Hendrixs clutch performed. As a gearhead I like getting a few different sources when it comes to putting my hard earned money up.

While I was stationed in Tampa I decided to go the APS forged route. I had the STS and Spec III+ but the lag was beyond horrible. I decided to go with the APS and TEX Exoskel. Unfortunatly the Tex failed on the dyno and support was non-existent. Problem at the time was that no one had a quality clutch that could hold the weight of our cars consistently. It would hold in one car but not another. Didn't really matter what clutch company. It got so bad for a while that people were swapping over to autos because clutchs simply were not dependable.

My engine builder got a call from the owner of BOP and he wanted me to try their clutch. I recieved orders to NC and we arrainged a dinner. The owner bought me dinner and introduced me to Thomas Hendriks. I agreed to try his clutch. It was a BOP clutch. I remember asking the owner if he was in for the long haul since I had no interest in trying something out for someone that wasn't going to stick around. The clutch held fine in my car during the breakin and a few track days. Unfortunately I lost the engine because of a tuning issue (I tune myself now) and the car was down while BOP went under. Getting the car back together I did not feel confident using my old BOP so I was off to find something else.

Last year at the East Coast shootout there were some fast cars there. A blue, 6sp, procharged car with 700whp caught my attention. I spoke with the driver and he told me he had a Hendrix clutch in. He let me take the car for a drive and I was pleasently surprised by the driveability. I spoke to Thomas there and told him I wanted one for my car.

I was told about removing the dowel pins and luckly before the clutch arrived I was able to do my homework and figure out it would not effect the car removing these. I installed the clutch and the clutch has been flawless ever since. Once I got the car running and broken in I hit the dyno. With no meth. 630/630. I was still pretty new to HP Tuners and didn't want to get over my head. Now I'm at full boost. It peaks to 21psi settles at 18psi and holds. Pretty sure my turbos are maxed out.

I ran approx 4k miles at 13psi with meth and I've got about 3k now at full boost. This is a daily driver and I'm very hard on it. I can only tune WOT with the MT drag radials on. Once I hit full boost my street tires vaporize regardless of speed. The MT's will let go for a sec then they hook.

Best run at the track was a 11.3 at 137mph. Lost my LSD and peg legging blows my 60fts. I'll get back out there but I enjoy this car to much to make it a dedicated drag car. There are better choices out there for that.

I tried posting up links to my build thread and the magazine shoot but the board will not allow me to since this is my 1st post. I can post up some pics and more info if anyone is interested.

I have no stake in Hendriks but as a guy that does his own work I appreciate hearing about others experiance with a product so I can make a well thought out informed decision before spending my money. I really can't say enough about the customer service I've recieved from Thomas.

I may be going to Quantico for the next 9wks I find out tomorrow. If I go I will offer anyone that wants to feel this clutch to let me know and we can meet up. If someone wants to see the build thread just post up and I'll send you a PM with the links.

Rick
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Re: Hendrix Clutch Review

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmancan View Post
    Hi, heard about this thread and thought I'd post up. Little about myself. I'm in the Marine Corps stationed here at Camp Lejeune NC. On my 28th year now two more till retirement whohoo!

I have a 2006 Pontiac GTO, M6, APS Twin Turbo, Forged 6.0 ironblock and Meth. At 13 PSI and Meth I had 700whp/648wtq. While I know this is not a CTS-V we do have a few things in common. Biggest being our 4K weight.

I read the other thread and figured some here might prefer another review on how the Hendrixs clutch performed. As a gearhead I like getting a few different sources when it comes to putting my hard earned money up.

While I was stationed in Tampa I decided to go the APS forged route. I had the STS and Spec III+ but the lag was beyond horrible. I decided to go with the APS and TEX Exoskel. Unfortunatly the Tex failed on the dyno and support was non-existent. Problem at the time was that no one had a quality clutch that could hold the weight of our cars consistently. It would hold in one car but not another. Didn't really matter what clutch company. It got so bad for a while that people were swapping over to autos because clutchs simply were not dependable.

My engine builder got a call from the owner of BOP and he wanted me to try their clutch. I recieved orders to NC and we arrainged a dinner. The owner bought me dinner and introduced me to Thomas Hendriks. I agreed to try his clutch. It was a BOP clutch. I remember asking the owner if he was in for the long haul since I had no interest in trying something out for someone that wasn't going to stick around. The clutch held fine in my car during the breakin and a few track days. Unfortunately I lost the engine because of a tuning issue (I tune myself now) and the car was down while BOP went under. Getting the car back together I did not feel confident using my old BOP so I was off to find something else.

Last year at the East Coast shootout there were some fast cars there. A blue, 6sp, procharged car with 700whp caught my attention. I spoke with the driver and he told me he had a Hendrix clutch in. He let me take the car for a drive and I was pleasently surprised by the driveability. I spoke to Thomas there and told him I wanted one for my car.

I was told about removing the dowel pins and luckly before the clutch arrived I was able to do my homework and figure out it would not effect the car removing these. I installed the clutch and the clutch has been flawless ever since. Once I got the car running and broken in I hit the dyno. With no meth. 630/630. I was still pretty new to HP Tuners and didn't want to get over my head. Now I'm at full boost. It peaks to 21psi settles at 18psi and holds. Pretty sure my turbos are maxed out.

I ran approx 4k miles at 13psi with meth and I've got about 3k now at full boost. This is a daily driver and I'm very hard on it. I can only tune WOT with the MT drag radials on. Once I hit full boost my street tires vaporize regardless of speed. The MT's will let go for a sec then they hook.

Best run at the track was a 11.3 at 137mph. Lost my LSD and peg legging blows my 60fts. I'll get back out there but I enjoy this car to much to make it a dedicated drag car. There are better choices out there for that.

I tried posting up links to my build thread and the magazine shoot but the board will not allow me to since this is my 1st post. I can post up some pics and more info if anyone is interested.

I have no stake in Hendriks but as a guy that does his own work I appreciate hearing about others experiance with a product so I can make a well thought out informed decision before spending my money. I really can't say enough about the customer service I've recieved from Thomas.

I may be going to Quantico for the next 9wks I find out tomorrow. If I go I will offer anyone that wants to feel this clutch to let me know and we can meet up. If someone wants to see the build thread just post up and I'll send you a PM with the links.

Rick
    Semper FI. I am (was) a SSgt and got out in 2006. I respect your post and your review of the clutch. However, I do not see the relevance it has in the CTS-V forum.

The issues several guys are having here are with the filament issues on the CTS-V, not the GTO.

ibtl

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Well there are several issues with the clutch and this covers one of them and that is the removal of the dowel pins. As whisler said, I respect your opinion, however, I still think you are asking for trouble by removing the dowels. You may have know what you are doing and located it correctly but to someone that this is their first swap, this could leave a bad taste especially if they end up with horrible vibs because they didn't know to line the pressure plate as best as possible. In any regard, glad you have had good luck with the Hex clutch.

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

o boi, hendrix has one of his GTO guys pumping up his clutch..

i searched LS1gto.com and no one recomended the thing..

did you flywheel also come with broken dowl pins??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.