Looking for rear toe rods and trailing arms
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Looking for rear toe rods and trailing arms in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; OK, lots of aftermarket activity these days but I'm still having trouble locating aftermarket chunkier toe rods and offset/bent thicker ...
    ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Looking for rear toe rods and trailing arms

OK, lots of aftermarket activity these days but I'm still having trouble locating aftermarket chunkier toe rods and offset/bent thicker (preferably) trailing arms to tighten up the rear and allow for some larger rear wheels.

Anyone out there thinking of making and selling some please let me know.

Missed out on RC51s, Voodoo (who ended up not selling them) and the newest vendors don't seem to be making them.

Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Looking for rear toe rods and trailing arms

BMR makes them. Are those not beefy enough for you?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    BMR makes them. Are those not beefy enough for you?
    Those are straight like the stock ones. Though my best advice is to buy BMR arms and have them sliced and bent at a fab shop. Its not that much work and your average custom shop would only charge hourly fabrication prices, figure 4-500?

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Voodoo View Post
    Those are straight like the stock ones. Though my best advice is to buy BMR arms and have them sliced and bent at a fab shop. Its not that much work and your average custom shop would only charge hourly fabrication prices, figure 4-500?
    Good idea. Didn't I read somewhere that the BMR toe rods were a bitch to do an alignment on? Curious as the first thing I'll be doing is an alignment after installation

What do you reckon on the bending, 2-3"?

Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post
    Good idea. Didn't I read somewhere that the BMR toe rods were a bitch to do an alignment on? Curious as the first thing I'll be doing is an alignment after installation

What do you reckon on the bending, 2-3"?
    Well they actually have to be bent in a downward position from the front mount so you can run them below the body mount. Heres stock:

So when you drop the front to clear the body mount:

Look at all that beautiful clearance... While you're back there slap in the braided lines and a set of toe rods, its so worth it. The toe rods are what is really making the handling difference in my rear. Im sure eliminating the rubber mounts has helped, but the car is so solid in the rear now that the only way it comes out is by gross throttle application. Heres a shot of mine, super basic, same construction as the trailing arms 1.25 X .120 wall DOM with FPK ends, i think theyre 3/4 shaft, its been a while. The hiems are teflon lined (and a little overbuilt for because theyre made for rock crawlers)

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Look at all that beautiful clearance... :D While you're back there slap in the braided lines and a set of toe rods, its so worth it. The toe rods are what is really making the handling difference in my rear. Im sure eliminating the rubber mounts has helped, but the car is so solid in the rear now that the only way it comes out is by gross throttle application. Heres a shot of mine, super basic, same construction as the trailing arms 1.25 X .120 wall DOM with FPK ends, i think theyre 3/4 shaft, its been a while. The hiems are teflon lined (and a little overbuilt for because theyre made for rock crawlers)
    [IMG
    http://www.happypestcontrol.com/webextras/ctsv/ctsv-rear-build/100_0606.jpg[/IMG]
    I asked before and I'll nicely ask again, CTS-Voodoo, I'm interested in buy a set of toe rods if you build one more set...

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com

supergeess is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Will someone please make these trailing arms!! I am sure they would sell pretty quickly.

MO POWA! is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS V

i need some offset trailing arms too, looks like i'll end up modifying my bmr ones

TKSFab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

toe rods are easy for me, the only problem im having is finding a uni-ball for the trailing arms.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

My alignment guy was not happy at all with the inside nut on the toe rod (BMR) as it is very hard to get at once installed.

I thought about grinding a socket wrench down and making a special tool for this purpose, but my alignment guy said he managed to tighten it with an air chisel (I think he was joking!).

Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TKSFab View Post
    toe rods are easy for me, the only problem im having is finding a uni-ball for the trailing arms.
    Excellant....
    Like to see what toe rods looks like and the price too...

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycecco View Post
    Excellant....
    Like to see what toe rods looks like and the price too...

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com
    Yes, sign me up for toe rods also please

TKSFab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I will be building Toe rods this week. Trailing arms are going to be hard for me to make as i have to make it based on my car pulling the trailing arms is a time consuming process, or at least it appears that way, and i dont have a 295 tire. i need to round up everything i need which i am working on the,once all gathered the process can continue forward.

Anyways, the Toe rods will be 1.25 x.120 wall 4130 chromoly tubing with chromoly bungs and aurora heims(quite simply the best heims on the market). Everything will be tig welded as well.
    Pictures and thread to come when i complete them.

I will be building Toe rods this week. Trailing arms are going to be hard for me to make as i have to make it based on my car pulling the trailing arms is a time consuming process, or at least it appears that way, and i dont have a 295 tire. i need to round up everything i need which i am working on the,once all gathered the process can continue forward.

Anyways, the Toe rods will be 1.25 x.120 wall 4130 chromoly tubing with chromoly bungs and aurora heims(quite simply the best heims on the market). Everything will be tig welded as well.
    Sounds like everyone here will finally have the pretty version of what I have.

Yay. Thanks. Keep us posted and put me on the list.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.