Heads/Cams/Intake Manifold
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Heads/Cams/Intake Manifold in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I want to do something like Mallet did to the Heads and Cams. I need suggestions. I like the packages ...
    Vedder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Heads/Cams/Intake Manifold

I want to do something like Mallet did to the Heads and Cams. I need suggestions. I like the packages MTI offers. Has anyone seen them? They seem to be very detailed.. But they are in Texas or something. I need someone in So. California. Does anyone have any advise? :rolleyes2

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

Re: Heads/Cams/Intake Manifold

In So Cal:

A&A (Andy) is highly respected on the C5/Z06 forums. http://www.aandacorvette.com/

MMS used to be highly respected... but it getting some really bad review lately.

Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you change out the cam do you have to reprogram the cpu for the new fuel mixtures and other changes that may occur?

Z06CADY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Tim@Don Lee Auto
    Good guy, knows LS-1/LS-6 very well, and honest.
    909-989-1573

Vedder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Slick V
    If you change out the cam do you have to reprogram the cpu for the new fuel mixtures and other changes that may occur?

I believe any work you do to the engine will need a updgrade of some sort.

bryce3 is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

I am in No. Cali and I have already spoke to the guys at L.A. Performance Division (lapd.com) and they do a lot of work on newer vette. I had general performance upgrade questions when I called but they were very informative.
    -Sean

trekster is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin
    In So Cal:

A&A (Andy) is highly respected on the C5/Z06 forums. http://www.aandacorvette.com/

MMS used to be highly respected... but it getting some really bad review lately.
    Has he worked on a V before?

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Get AFR heads. The people I have heard talk about them say they give great power for a bargain price. I think it's something like $2500 for the heads minus an $800-1k core for your stock heads. Not bad!

Manifold with a 90mm throttle body (only reason I can think of for you to modify the manifold) I was told $1800 for it by Cartek, or a couple hundred bucks to just port your existing throttle body. So...common sense would say just port it, the 90mm won't give you any sizeable gain for your $$ and it's a major production.

Blades is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

First thing I am doing when I get my V.. is setting the Navi to Cartek in NJ.. I plan to get my V around winter (auction prices are lowest)... Hopefully by then they will have some V-Specific stuff.. They know their stuff - high buck, but great performance... but then again, so is the V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.