Phase one: Billy Boat builds the V-Series Exhaust
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Phase one: Billy Boat builds the V-Series Exhaust in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I would first like to thank everyone on this forum for their feedback on the V-Series exhaust as well as ...
    bbexhaust is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Phase one: Billy Boat builds the V-Series Exhaust

I would first like to thank everyone on this forum for their feedback on the V-Series exhaust as well as our product in general. We try very hard to build a quality exhaust system that looks and performs beyond our customers expectations.

We will begin prototyping the V-Series exhaust on 8-2-04. The sequence of the process is as follows:

1. Dyno vehicle stock on our Dyno-Jet chassis dyno
    2. Record DB levels of the exhaust, inside and out of vehicle
    3. Build 3", full dual cat-back system (single tip, design TBD)
    4. Dyno again to verify performance increase
    5. Record DB levels to ensure sound quality (louder, but not too loud, no drone in cabin)

I will post the results at each step both on this forum and on our website. I estimate the prototype will be finished 8-9-04, and we will begin shipping production units on 8-16-04. Orders will be processed by the date they are received.

Retail price on the cat-back will be $1195.00. For a limited time orders can be placed on our web site bbexhaust.com for $895.00.

Thanks again for the feedback in this process. Once the cat-back is finished, we will move on phase 2 (headers), and possibly look at a track only option that includes hi-flow metal cats.

Billy Boat
    President, Billy Boat Performance Exhaust

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Phase one: Billy Boat builds the V-Series Exhaust

Count me in.

Billy,

Since we have a majority of V owners on this board, do you think you could post some pics of possible tips that we might all could have a vote??? I know it's you system and you have the final say, but I have a feeling your going to sell quite a few of these just from this site alone.

Thanks,
    Shane

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

begin shipping production units on 8-16-04.
    That would be impressive.

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

I spoke with Billy this morning and volunteered to take some pictures and sound bites to post here. Our schedules only allow for us to take pictures around the end of next week (sorry guys I gotta work). If you have any particular pictures you would like to see of the exhaust please ask in advance by email -->(Dgtal)

Dgtal

Once I get the car on the lift I will post some photos of different tips held up to the cut-outs in the rear valance. Maybe even a poll on the forum for members to "vote" on their favorite. Right now I am leaning toward a double wall (so it will stay polished) in a 4" to 4.25" round /elliptical, or a tip similar to the 996TT.

Stay tuned.

Billy

CTSV_Scott is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by bbexhaust
    For a limited time orders can be placed on our web site bbexhaust.com for $895.00.
    I'm definitely interested! How long is the intro promo running? I'd prefer to see photos and specs before I spend a $1K.

Vedder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Will this be all the way to the Catylac converters. Will it replace that huge restrictor in the middle with x-pipe or something? Or is this strickly Cat back exhaust?

haveboost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Well I'm looking forward to see what you make. If I like I BUY!!

I'm dying to put an exhaust on the car. But like we've all mentioned before it needs to be classy and perform.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Can I request a vareity of before and after sound clips?

1. Idle (both in cabin as well as outside)
    2. Standing Rev (both in cabin as well as outside)
    3. 60mph Freeway Cruise (in cabin)
    4. High RPM Pass (both in cabin as well as outside)
    Anything else you guys can think of...

-Ben

ttown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'd also like to see what they will look like before I commit.

jim mitchell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just spoke to Dennis @ BB...placed my order...tired of the 2-4 weeks, 2-4 weeks from Corsa, I've been hearing that since 2 April...also just spoke with Erik @ tpis and ordered the 32" tuned equal length ceramic dipped headers with hi-flo metal mesh cats and ported throttle body. While I have it on the lift I'd like to drop one complete system and replace with one complete (trick) system. Sight/sound unseen/unheard...somebody's gotta do it. Gave Dennis my thoughts on the tips...their 5.25" rolled ovals would fill out that 6 1/2" half oval in the rear fascia just about right...would prefer 5.25 oval double wall angle cut with a slight kick-out to the outside - to line up the face of the tips with the fascia angle but maybe I'm just a nit-pik. Also suggested an additional length of the tips of approx. 1 1/2 " since the factory tips are recessed 1" inside the fascia opening. Computer off to tpis after the exhaust work to pick up an additional 10rwhp. Btw...Billy's right...he makes a solid product! Btw2...crossover replaces the resonator...

Quote Originally Posted by bbexhaust
    I would first like to thank everyone on this forum for their feedback on the V-Series exhaust as well as our product in general. We try very hard to build a quality exhaust system that looks and performs beyond our customers expectations.

We will begin prototyping the V-Series exhaust on 8-2-04. The sequence of the process is as follows:

1. Dyno vehicle stock on our Dyno-Jet chassis dyno
    2. Record DB levels of the exhaust, inside and out of vehicle
    3. Build 3", full dual cat-back system (single tip, design TBD)
    4. Dyno again to verify performance increase
    5. Record DB levels to ensure sound quality (louder, but not too loud, no drone in cabin)

I will post the results at each step both on this forum and on our website. I estimate the prototype will be finished 8-9-04, and we will begin shipping production units on 8-16-04. Orders will be processed by the date they are received.

Retail price on the cat-back will be $1195.00. For a limited time orders can be placed on our web site bbexhaust.com for $895.00.

Thanks again for the feedback in this process. Once the cat-back is finished, we will move on phase 2 (headers), and possibly look at a track only option that includes hi-flow metal cats.

Billy Boat
    President, Billy Boat Performance Exhaust

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Do you have to pay the whole $895 up front or would a % deposit work?

I still beleive a good set of headers on a stock exhaust would yeild more HP than a cat back on stock headers. I may have to wait for the discounted header back complete system.

Oh, and am I correct in assuming its mandrel bent stainless??

We will not charge your card until your exhaust ships.

BTW, I plan to find out what the limiting factor in the exhaust is (cat-back, headers, or the cats), which is why we will do the whole project in stages to see which parts give the largest increase.

Geno is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Orginal owner; 2004 CTS-V

Smile Re: Phase one: Billy Boat builds the V-Series Exhaust

I e-mailed the other exhaust system company and I guess I'm getting the same answer as everyone else (it going to be ready in one to two months).

Make mine a 4" to 4.25" round /elliptical, the 996TT style is one of those "love it or hate it" designs. I'm also in for a quality set of headers.

Thanks for giving us V fanatics something to cheer about.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Heck with other one...I've heard the BB exhaust on a car or two...count me in.

First one to market is my type of thing anyway

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.