Phase one: Billy Boat builds the V-Series Exhaust - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Phase one: Billy Boat builds the V-Series Exhaust in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I agree with all of you. Corsa has been giving us the run around for months. I does not take ...
    haveboost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Phase one: Billy Boat builds the V-Series Exhaust

I agree with all of you. Corsa has been giving us the run around for months. I does not take that long to develop and produce an exhaust system. We'll I guess they don't care about marketshare. In any case I'm glad a quality company has taken on this project with deadlines in mind.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE

6DN69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Thumbs up Re: Phase one: Billy Boat builds the V-Series Exhaust

Well, just ordered mine! Looking forward to this quality exhaust system. I would like to have the 996TT exhaust tips as my first choice and the 4"/4.25" round double wall tips as my second. Thanks Billy Boat for taking such an interest in the V!

ZO6ized

05 Light Platinum V
    Grey Interior
    Roof and Shocks
    Supercharger coming soon...

pinnacle71 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'll bet the Corsa "delay" has something to do with them supplying GM with the dealer option.

topps is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just ordered mine! Can't wait. B&B makes the best quality exhaust in the world , that is why so many tuners like APR use them to produce there exhaust systems. Hopefully, they will be 4.25" double roll tips, I think that will look and sound the best. I can't wait til the headers are ready too. I have had B&B exhausts on my 95' M3, 98' Tahoe, 02' Audi S4 (APR).......and soon my 05' CTS-V!

Billy, Thanks for taking such great interest in the CTS-V. I am glad you are getting yours out first.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Excuse my ignorance, but are these the tips on the Porsche that in essence look like intertwined Olympic rings??

topps is offline Cadillac Owners Member

No. Those are the upgraded exhaust tips from Porsche, the B&B tips are thick rimmed eliptical tips.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jim mitchell
    Just spoke to Dennis @ BB...placed my order...tired of the 2-4 weeks, 2-4 weeks from Corsa, I've been hearing that since 2 April...also just spoke with Erik @ tpis and ordered the 32" tuned equal length ceramic dipped headers with hi-flo metal mesh cats and ported throttle body. While I have it on the lift I'd like to drop one complete system and replace with one complete (trick) system. Sight/sound unseen/unheard...somebody's gotta do it. Gave Dennis my thoughts on the tips...their 5.25" rolled ovals would fill out that 6 1/2" half oval in the rear fascia just about right...would prefer 5.25 oval double wall angle cut with a slight kick-out to the outside - to line up the face of the tips with the fascia angle but maybe I'm just a nit-pik. Also suggested an additional length of the tips of approx. 1 1/2 " since the factory tips are recessed 1" inside the fascia opening. Computer off to tpis after the exhaust work to pick up an additional 10rwhp. Btw...Billy's right...he makes a solid product! Btw2...crossover replaces the resonator...
    What shop is this you spoke to about the throttle body and headers/cats? I'm interested in purchasing those also if I am getting a cat-back. Let me know your thoughts in terms of increased noise as well as costs, I'd be glad to tell them you referred me if you get a small kickback on the price of the parts as a result. I'd want to order them shipped for my own shop to install in NJ.

I wasn't aware anyone had finished the headers for the V.

Thanks.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    What shop is this you spoke to about the throttle body and headers/cats? I'm interested in purchasing those also if I am getting a cat-back. Let me know your thoughts in terms of increased noise as well as costs, I'd be glad to tell them you referred me if you get a small kickback on the price of the parts as a result. I'd want to order them shipped for my own shop to install in NJ.

Thanks.
    Cal, the company Jim was referring to with headers/cats/etc. is TPiS

CTSV_Scott is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Let me know your thoughts in terms of increased noise as well as costs, I'd be glad to tell them you referred me if you get a small kickback on the price of the parts as a result. I'd want to order them shipped for my own shop to install in NJ.

Thanks.
    I was thinking the same thing! BTW Cal, I told Chris you referred my when I called about the S/C.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

With all the extra money I have tipped him between the Z06 and CTS-V work I should get a charger put in for free!

Kidding, he's a good guy, their shop is not a bad place to hang out at for a day, they have BBQs for lunch most days, so you can score some beer and burgers while you wait.

They are building a new shop that will be HUGE and have and enclosed dyno room as well as 10 bays, etc. Should be pretty nice, especially as more things come out for the V.

Not to threadjack...sorry.

Wish it hadn't taken this long on the exhaust, by the way that TPIS site is nearly impossible to navigate, someone can confirm they do have headers for the V? As far as cats go, Magna Flow will fit on the V, so will most other types I believe. They are pretty standard.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Websites do not always have the most current info... TPiS Thread

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Billy Boat -

Count me in. I can't seem to order from your website but will call during the week and get in on this.

I vote tips that look as stock like as possible, with, of course, a somewhat larger diameter (not too big!). Heck with Corsa, they've had MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME! Friend of mine has a BB on his RX8 - sounds sweet on that car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.