Monster Clutch Install - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Monster Clutch Install in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; i too used this write up for my install yesterday! Shane, thanks again big homie! results - pleased w/ setup ...
    SS from the "Wood" is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 Platinum V - SOLD

Re: Monster Clutch Install

i too used this write up for my install yesterday! Shane, thanks again big homie!

results - pleased w/ setup overall... will have to get used to the chnge in cabin noise and different driving experience. 300 miles to go till i get to fry off some rubber!!! I officially find myself posting in the Performance section now too often... this is gonna get outta hand!

-shannon

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by SS from the "Wood" View Post
    I officially find myself posting in the Performance section now too often... this is gonna get outta hand!

-shannon
    Get out of here now! haha

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

You are most welcome boss! Glad to see writeup helped and more monster users out there!

I'm curious though if my in cabin noise is similar to what's being experienced by others. I went w/ 18# FW, and really helps the car rev up better/faster as described and expected. I noticed a dramatic difference in the sound emitted inside the car under acceleration. It's totally different than stock! Is this normal? Matt at Monster said it was, but just wanted to get other opinions.

Also, the break-in chatter is mind numbing! I'm at 500+ miles on the new clutch, but still get quite a bit of chatter, and I also feel a little grinding sensation in the pedal while shifting up through the gears. I don't feel it while engaging into 1st however, so I believe I'll need to bleed the hydraulic line a little better, but what are your thoughts? The chatter is awful in reverse! Further, when downshifting I seem to have a lot of vibration too. What's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by SS from the "Wood" View Post
    I'm curious though if my in cabin noise is similar to what's being experienced by others. I went w/ 18# FW, and really helps the car rev up better/faster as described and expected. I noticed a dramatic difference in the sound emitted inside the car under acceleration. It's totally different than stock! Is this normal? Matt at Monster said it was, but just wanted to get other opinions.

Also, the break-in chatter is mind numbing! I'm at 500+ miles on the new clutch, but still get quite a bit of chatter, and I also feel a little grinding sensation in the pedal while shifting up through the gears. I don't feel it while engaging into 1st however, so I believe I'll need to bleed the hydraulic line a little better, but what are your thoughts? The chatter is awful in reverse! Further, when downshifting I seem to have a lot of vibration too. What's up with that?
    Stage III here and although it grabs like no other I to am getting less and less accepting of the horrible chatter.

If I don't take off and almost stall I can expect people at lights to stare as my car bucks and shakes like its going to fall apart.

I am not knocking Monster as it is designed to hold 750rwhp but I should have gone a little lighter for dd duties!

BTW I have heard that "It will go away with the miles" but I am at over 4k and it still chatters as bad as day one.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

The chatter was pretty bad when new on mine as well, and it will still almost rattle a filling loose if I get it in the wrong mood.

Taking off in a tight turn (with maybe a slight upgrade) is the worst (for me anyway).

Zo6PwRd Guest

wow, has me thinkign twice about going with a monster stage 3. not worth attempting the stage 2 at my power level. guess ill have to look into an RPS or Mcleod twin disk.

Castro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I don't mean to go off topic but I get a "grinding" type feeling and noise sometimes that I think is the clutch chatter (clutch was new when I bought the car but it's stock), it's always when I'm sort of lugging the engine like 4th gear at 20-30mph. Is that what you guys are experiencing with the Monster clutch? Any difference with a stage 2?

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Lugging it in 4th would probably "feel" the same, but the chatter is pretty noticeable and that is in 1st.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

I have a Level 2 and had chatter for about the first 1000 miles or so. After that its gone. The Level 2 is great. No need for level 3 for me as I will never get over 525rwhp on this V.

Note: I do daily drive my car and drive it like it should be driven. Nothing makes the drive to work better then hard launches (thanks Gforce) at lights. That may have something to do with getting rid of the chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Lugging it in 4th would probably "feel" the same, but the chatter is pretty noticeable and that is in 1st.
    Yep only first gear chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Nothing makes the drive to work better then hard launches (thanks Gforce) at lights. That may have something to do with getting rid of the chatter.
    I am def. doing this as my next mod. I don't think it will cure the chatter but the ability to keep the flywheel from glazing due to slippy starts vs. occasional clutch drops (obviously impossible without the axles) will be great!

I did do a few sideways pull outs and it felt better on the chatter for a while but it always returns.

Im noticing the chatter start to dissipate w/ drive time and want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but when it happens, MAN is it bad! Reverse is wretched! Almost like somethings binding up in the driveline. I can usually manipulate it some, but I feel like I should spend a day driving backwards! My dad (ASA, ASE, I-CAR certf'd his whole life) helped w/ install, and may have short cutted certain parts when I wasn't looking. I'd like to think there's no probs w/ regards to that tho. I know we didn't bleed the hydraulics properly, but we were going on 5 hrs+, and I knew I could do it later. Can i get like a pat on the back or something and a "everythings gonna be fine?"

Wolfpath2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V (Silver)

Question Re: Monster Clutch Install

where can i find this remoter bleeder from LAPD?

^^ google it... that's how I found out about it... I ended up buying a Tick 40" bleeder w/ my clutch kit, but was sent the wrong one. Not too happy w/ this being that I had to continue w/ my install so I could drive my car home! Needless to say, i didn't install a remote when I did clutch swap. I did reuse the factory bleeder line vs. the one supplied w/ the stg II kit because it was significantly longer and easier to access than the other. I'll end up sending it back to GForce for a $50 refund however

I'm pleased to announce that today marks the day that my V's new clutch is nearly chatterless! I still need to bleed the hydraulics, but I'm totally stoked how this clutch feels now! It will still chatter some, but I have to make it happen. Reverse is still a little puzzling to me, but I can manipulate it like it was a freshman girl at a senior party!!! Totally kidding... don't want any of those dads of freshmen girls hatin' me...

Downshifting to mechanically slow the car down though is a little bothersome, but i think its just a matter of timing and rev matching that I have to get used to. It seems like it's binding up a little or maybe even chattering some while it's trying to slow the car down. Anyone else experience this after their install? Anyone from Gforce or Monster want to chime in here?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.