Monster Clutch Install - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Monster Clutch Install in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I am using the stock GM bolts for everything. They are good enough for the application. I guess I will ...
    uwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Re: Monster Clutch Install

I am using the stock GM bolts for everything. They are good enough for the application.

I guess I will try just bending the tube a little bit. I will take some pictures today. I have to birthday party to go to first.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    O
    I know exactly what you mean! I was pissed when I figured out the bolts were wrong. Then it cost me more time waiting on the right ones. I couldn't get more than 3 bolts at a time in as well. Sounds like you have the same problem
    That's how far mine went in as well. Good thing we aren't idiots and cranked em down. Can you imagine helicoiling those threads out? Uuuggh that would've been a roadtrip to ARP to crack the QC Guy's noggin.
    Ya how about it! I ended up just running the bolts through the backside (flywheel removed) in/out a few times and that cleared up whatever was booger ed with the threads! I wish we could edit our posts (like EVERY other forum) that way you could add a few of my tips to your original post. People would know to try the bolts out BEFORE it is bolted to the block and up under the car...

Quote Originally Posted by uwood View Post
    I am using the stock GM bolts for everything. They are good enough for the application.

I guess I will try just bending the tube a little bit. I will take some pictures today. I have to birthday party to go to first.
    After I had originally bent the tubing to make it fit while the trans was on the floor there was still A LOT of bending left to do. But it will work just be patient and make sure it isn't getting crushed. IMHO the hard line should have been the one to run out the top notch in the bell housing while the lower notch could have been used for the remote bleeder. But whatever it works now...

BirdmanTamu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

After I had originally bent the tubing to make it fit while the trans was on the floor there was still A LOT of bending left to do. But it will work just be patient and make sure it isn't getting crushed. IMHO the hard line should have been the one to run out the top notch in the bell housing while the lower notch could have been used for the remote bleeder. But whatever it works now...[/QUOTE]

Did you get it in that way? I'm just wondering, because I'm having the same fit up problems and thats after cutting a 1/2" notch in the trans case for extra clearance. I was even contemplating rotating the slave 180 degrees to see if it would rotate and fit out the top opening.

Do you have any pics of what your final flush install looked like?

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdmanTamu View Post
    After I had originally bent the tubing to make it fit while the trans was on the floor there was s
    Did you get it in that way? I'm just wondering, because I'm having the same fit up problems and thats after cutting a 1/2" notch in the trans case for extra clearance. I was even contemplating rotating the slave 180 degrees to see if it would rotate and fit out the top opening.

The remote line went out the top hole in the trans. The hard line goes thru the bottom hole. You'd have to really bend the hell outta those lines to get em in any other way.

Also, The bleeder needs to face north if you ever plan on getting air to come out of your system. But that's a given

Quote Originally Posted by BirdmanTamu View Post

I do not have any pics, sorry. But yes it did end up going in that way. A LOT of bending but it did finally go.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    The remote line went out the top hole in the trans. The hard line goes thru the bottom hole. You'd have to really bend the hell outta those lines to get em in any other way.

Also, The bleeder needs to face north if you ever plan on getting air to come out of your system. But that's a given
    For sure. When you are finished bending the line it looks nothing like it did out of the box.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Here is the best picture I could take of the clutch line and remote bleeder exiting from the transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Here is the best picture I could take of the clutch line and remote bleeder exiting from the transmission.
    Holy jeebus did you steam clean your tranny/bell housing? Mine looks a little less nice.

BTW I took a pic today since the trans was out and you guys were requesting BUT it STILL might need some tweaking when I get it back up in there.

It is a very tight squeeze. Oh and of course we all know how my install is going so you might not even want it to look like mine!

I used Simple Green and a washtub.

If you notice, the bleeder exits from the top hole.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Is the Monster pressure plate already adjusted or does it require adjustment at install (like the OEM pressure plate)?

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Is the Monster pressure plate already adjusted or does it require adjustment at install (like the OEM pressure plate)?
    Reading your post and HOPING that might be it. Although I have yet to read that anywhere.

EDIT/ I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    I used Simple Green and a washtub.

If you notice, the bleeder exits from the top hole.
    Hmm and Hmm. No I did not notice the top hole exit. Did you use a different slave than what Monster has with their kit? I know you got yours a bit back did they change something?

That does look nice but I think after how much time I have been spending under mine it will stay greasy!

BTW your pic won't enlarge and it says to contact you (well admin).

Just right click on the pic and save it.

Then open it wih Photoshop and zoom it.

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

I had my car up on the stands last night trying to diagnose a front end thunk and looked at the trans/clutch area. After looking at the pics in this install and seeing how it actually is under there, DO NOT WANT. My jack won't get me nearly enough height to do this in my garage. I'll prolly just wait till I hit 50k miles and do a major tune up with new mm, trans mount, clutch while they have the headers off.

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

Quote Originally Posted by CadiBlk View Post
    I had my car up on the stands last night trying to diagnose a front end thunk and looked at the trans/clutch area. After looking at the pics in this install and seeing how it actually is under there, DO NOT WANT. My jack won't get me nearly enough height to do this in my garage. I'll prolly just wait till I hit 50k miles and do a major tune up with new mm, trans mount, clutch while they have the headers off.

Just add one or two pieces of 2x4 on the jack. That will give you some extra height.

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

Quote Originally Posted by soulja View Post
    Just add one or two pieces of 2x4 on the jack. That will give you some extra height.
    Come on man, I was looking for an excuse to have someone else do the work for me. Maybe when I'm up at Lake Wawasee for the 4th of July I'll find a way to get lolly over to my in-laws body shop and we can swap out the clutch on one of the lifts. How about it lolly, quick clutch swap and then all you can drink Sierra Nevada on the sandbar?

Actually last night with the wheels off, I needed to lift the lower control arm to try and see if anything was broke/loose causing my thunk noise. Jack wasn't cutting it and I don't have any small pieces of 2x4 or the sort laying around and didn't want to go and cut a perfectly fine piece to get the job done, so I went out to the landscaping and grabbed a couple bricks I have in there. It was pretty ghetto. Sad thing was, still didn't find anything that might cause my noise.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

I am using this writeup to do my trans swap.... very helpful

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.