Monster Clutch Install - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Monster Clutch Install in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by whisler151 Wow, guess you need a really tall jack. Did you order a new clutch? its the ...
    maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: Monster Clutch Install

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Wow, guess you need a really tall jack. Did you order a new clutch?

its the harbor fright jack, $80 and i had a 20% off coupon.

Costed me 60$

this thing is amazing..

Can be a one guy clutch job, i had my buddie next to just in case.. but with this thing it can be done with one person.

Search online theres always coupons.

Or if you cant find one pm me, ill email you one. Ive got another 20% off that start tomoro the 25th .

wgbanks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Just opened the box from Monster. The slave is nothing like the stock one. The bleed and pressure line fittings are reversed and further apart. And the pressure line is nearly twice as long with what looks like a bell housing bracket on it... I am confused, will this thing really fit? It's 19 degrees in the garage right now so trial and error is not an option. Any clarity will be appreciated.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by wgbanks View Post
    Just opened the box from Monster. The slave is nothing like the stock one. The bleed and pressure line fittings are reversed and further apart. And the pressure line is nearly twice as long with what looks like a bell housing bracket on it... I am confused, will this thing really fit? It's 19 degrees in the garage right now so trial and error is not an option. Any clarity will be appreciated.
    Are you using a remote bleeder? (highly recommended)

If not, the new slave (C6) are further apart as you've seen, but the new lines should fit through the 2nd lower opening (square hole) in the side of the transmission. Both stock slave lines feed out the same hole right now as the stock slave has them very close together.

If you use a remote bleeder, you might have to notch the bell housing on the trans like I did because the piece on the remote bleeder is a little angled. If it wasn't, you might clear the bell housing without having to notch it.

Notching= chizel some of the aluminum off the bell housing face where it connects to the trans. It sounds way worse than what it is.

wgbanks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Thanks for the info, and your original write up and I do have the remote bleeder. Had some other questions/issues and called Monster and those guys gave me some great customer service. Can't wait to get the clutch and the level 2 Tickshift rebuilt trans installed. If the UPS gods are kind I'll have everything I need to complete the install this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by wgbanks View Post
    Thanks for the info, and your original write up and I do have the remote bleeder. Had some other questions/issues and called Monster and those guys gave me some great customer service. Can't wait to get the clutch and the level 2 Tickshift rebuilt trans installed. If the UPS gods are kind I'll have everything I need to complete the install this weekend.
    ^That's awesome!^

Make sure to snap us some pics!

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Thanks for the write up Lolly! I received my setup (same as yours) in the mail today about 10am and was started by 3:00. I am calling it for the night though and will finish tomorrow. Doing it all by myself so its taking a minute but not to bad, I have the tranny sitting on the garage floor and am ready to pull the bell housing in the morning. But for now it is time to go to work.

One side note is that I couldn't get the drive shaft out of the rear diff so I just left it dangling off to the side. Oh and of course I twisted off one of the exhaust studs but that is no biggie. Again thanks for the write up it is proving most helpful!

uwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Started changing the slave today. The pressure line doesnt seem to fit through the other hole and then line up correctly to tighten down the bolts on the slave unit. Do I need to notch that hole also? What is with the difference in length? The new slave seems very nice, but I was not expecting the big difference in the pressure lines. This is really throwing me for a loop. Does anyone have a picture of the line out the trans?

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Fit it in before you add the bolts.

I didn't have to notch anything.

Hope you got the remote bleeder to.

(A MUST HAVE!!!)

uwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Fit it in before you add the bolts.

I didn't have to notch anything.

Hope you got the remote bleeder to.

(A MUST HAVE!!!)
    I did. The slave wont rotate enough with the pressure line on to install the bolts. I will have to try again tomorrow.

Oh.... I have the remote bleeder.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

can you take some pics of the issue you are having?

You have to put the slave in on the trans, then get the input shaft started. Then, get double jointed and get the bolts started while the trans is a couple inches away from the bell housing. There's not a lot of room, but its doable. Take deep breaths and be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by uwood View Post
    Started changing the slave today. The pressure line doesnt seem to fit through the other hole and then line up correctly to tighten down the bolts on the slave unit. Do I need to notch that hole also? What is with the difference in length? The new slave seems very nice, but I was not expecting the big difference in the pressure lines. This is really throwing me for a loop. Does anyone have a picture of the line out the trans?
    I know exactly what you mean. I just bent the tubing a touch to get it to fit.

Oh and I didn't get finished today Never did get the bell housing around the pressure plate, I ended up pulling the bolts and then taking the bell housing, pressure plate, and clutch disk all out as one.

Last MAJOR issue is that out of the 6 bolts that go through the pressure plate into the flywheel 3 have fugged up threads! Talk about major disappointment when I thought I would be done today. The V is my DD or I would definitely send the flywheel back to Monster. Anyhow because I can't I will make it work by pulling it back out and re-tapping the threads. MOD HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. I just bent the tubing a touch to get it to fit.

Oh and I didn't get finished today Never did get the bell housing around the pressure plate, I ended up pulling the bolts and then taking the bell housing, pressure plate, and clutch disk all out as one.

Last MAJOR issue is that out of the 6 bolts that go through the pressure plate into the flywheel 3 have fugged up threads! Talk about major disappointment when I thought I would be done today. The V is my DD or I would definitely send the flywheel back to Monster. Anyhow because I can't I will make it work by pulling it back out and re-tapping the threads. MOD HELL!
    Do the bolts not lining up or are the threads fd up? My first set of ARP bolt threads were the wrong pitch

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Do the bolts not lining up or are the threads fd up? My first set of ARP bolt threads were the wrong pitch
    Bolts are lined up as 3 out of 6 are fine. I even tried the old bolts out...Looks to me like the threads are fuked up but I will know for sure tomorrow when it is back out on the floor and not bolted to the block. (They will start but get REALLY tight within a few turns) Talk about frustrating when I thought all the hard stuff was done (removing the used crap that has potential to break) but ya brand new flywheel...ugh.

O
    Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    Bolts are lined up as 3 out of 6 are fine. I even tried the old bolts out...Looks to me like the threads are fuked up but I will know for sure tomorrow when it is back out on the floor and not bolted to the block. (They will start but get REALLY tight within a few turns) Talk about frustrating when I thought all the hard stuff was done (removing the used crap that has potential to break) but ya brand new flywheel...ugh.
    I know exactly what you mean! I was pissed when I figured out the bolts were wrong. Then it cost me more time waiting on the right ones. I couldn't get more than 3 bolts at a time in as well. Sounds like you have the same problem
    That's how far mine went in as well. Good thing we aren't idiots and cranked em down. Can you imagine helicoiling those threads out? Uuuggh that would've been a roadtrip to ARP to crack the QC Guy's noggin.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.