Hendrix Econo-Axle Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix Econo-Axle Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Alright everyone, well last night I got a chance to get to the drag strip with the econo-axle and I ...
    SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hendrix Econo-Axle Review

Alright everyone, well last night I got a chance to get to the drag strip with the econo-axle and I had very mixed results. Keep in mind this is with a Kars III bar, diff support, and my rear cradle HARD MOUNTED to the body (bushings not to blame) The guys with the pro axles had exactly the same results at the track.

STREET

On the street the axle works great. I get no hop whatsoever. I can launch from any light/stop sign and just spin the tires. The only time I get hop. It is not AS violent as before the axle but it still exists and it is normal old hop.
    STRIP

At the drag strip the axles did help, but did not fix the problem. The guys with the pro-axles and I agree that what we got was more "chatter" then hop, but in any case it was not just a good clean launch. Keep in mind that drag strips are prepped to be very sticky so if there was going to be hop it would be there.
    Overall I would say that for 90% of V owners these are the perfect fix. They work great on the street and are great protection for your diff. For the drag strip guys however, this is not the answer we were looking for. Thomas is making me a passenger econo-axle to add on to see if it helps at all so I will have results for that when it gets here.

Also keep in mind that ANY axle replacement from ANY manufacturer will have the same results, so don't think that going with another company will solve your problem, The results are what they are...

Here is a video of a shitty run (nitrous solenoid didn't open, got ONLY fuel and no nitrous!) but it was the only clean video of a launch:

[YOUTUBE]od6l8lqZhfE[/YOUTUBE]

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rekctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Hendrix Econo-Axle Review

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Alright everyone, well last night I got a chance to get to the drag strip with the econo-axle and I had very mixed results. Keep in mind this is with a Kars III bar, diff support, and my rear cradle HARD MOUNTED to the body (bushings not to blame) The guys with the pro axles had exactly the same results at the track.
    STREET

On the street the axle works great. I get no hop whatsoever. I can launch from any light/stop sign and just spin the tires. The only time I get hop. It is not AS violent as before the axle but it still exists and it is normal old hop.

That street comment is confusing. At first you say no hop whatsoever then you are saying it still exist?
    With the Kars III and the rear cradle hard mounted to the body, these results may not be the same for someone like me with basic mods, right?

I meant hop in the rain when rolling in first gear and flooring it. Sorry I should have proofread. The results with axle will be almost identical to the pro axles.

manciniat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    The results with axle will be almost identical to the pro axles.
    they both will stop the violent, banging wheel hop 90% of the time. but in some instances you will still get hop. i have the pro axles.

my .02

rangerrob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V

nice, how many other guys ran their V's at the strip? any video? what about the dyno runs????

Quote Originally Posted by rangerrob View Post
    nice, how many other guys ran their V's at the strip? any video? what about the dyno runs????
    4 at the strip, me, ted, jimmy and bob.

teds is here
    bobs run has its own thread
    only have my dyno run on film, its in the dyno thread

sorry you couldnt make it, would have like to meet ya

I have a run of namciniat at the track...shitty quality...ill post it after work

thank you sir

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

This is what was expected. on really sticky track/surface most cars would have some sort of chatter like that, but the violent banging is gone it seems. And thats really the big reason to get any sort of axles.

STAGEUP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

In my opinion, any car with IRS that is making good power is going to have some sort of hop at the dragstrip. That is just the downside of the design. This why serious drag racers go straight to a solid axle setup.

Though, this axle should remedy the problem to the point where it wont feel like your car is going to break into pieces during a hard launch or a hard 1-2 shift at the local drag strip. It should also put less stress on the diff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by STAGEUP View Post
    In my opinion, any car with IRS that is making good power is going to have some sort of hop at the dragstrip. That is just the downside of the design. This why serious drag racers go straight to a solid axle setup.

Though, this axle should remedy the problem to the point where it wont feel like your car is going to break into pieces during a hard launch or a hard 1-2 shift at the local drag strip. It should also put less stress on the diff as well.
    very well put! I am happy with my results, and just have to accept that this is not a drag car! I'm just trying to make it as versatile as I can!

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

When I got caught in the rain (for once) my $1800 pro axles freakin hopped. Very disappointing.

Wish I could've made it. Next time I'm in for sure!

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Thanks for the fair review Ted.I dont think adding the other bar will change anything but were going to do it just to make sure.Im sure 90% of the guys on this board will never have a serious issue when going to these axles and someone that frequents the track every week will.I will add with a little pratice you can find a sweet spot and get the car to launch hard without bad hop.I had to learn this with my gto and my 225/35/20s i would run,i managed to cut some 1.75,1.76 sixtys and when a hand full of cash on several ocasions

pveomett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

So what's the next step before these are available to the general population? Remember that imaginary list that I was at the top of? haha

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by pveomett View Post
    So what's the next step before these are available to the general population? Remember that imaginary list that I was at the top of? haha
    Im ready ,we will sell the first seta at $299

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.