More Maggie info....please help.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, More Maggie info....please help. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; As the title says, I'm looking for more info on the magnachargers. Before you say 'go search,' I have searched. ...
    Roidz24 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V

More Maggie info....please help.

As the title says, I'm looking for more info on the magnachargers. Before you say 'go search,' I have searched. I read all 30 something pages on the main post for maggies, but still have questions that I couldn't find answers to.

I am one of the people looking into the group buy from Hendrix. What are the main differences of the 112 and the 122 systems? Pros/cons? Obviously the 122 you will get more power and is a newer version, but costs more. And how about extra things that you will need to purchase with the 122 that you may not necessarily need to buy with the 112? I know a stronger rearend or axles would be very beneficial especially with our wheel-hop issues. But if I get the 112 I may not need the more expensive axles and/or rearend but maybe I will with the 122. I know there are people researching and testing the $299 axles from Hendrix and with the results pending maybe those axles with the 112 would be a good fit? I have 245 tires now and don't really want to have to spend money on wider tires either. I don't want to spend a ton of money, so maybe the 112 is the way to go especially since I may not be looking for more power than what the 112 would bring anyway. My V isn't a daily driver and I don't track it, just want a quick street car. I LOVE the sound of superchargers so that's why I want to go with a maggie vs. just headers (which I don't have..yet, but soon), cai, exhaust and x-pipe.The more info you can give the better and sorry for the game of 21 questions. Thanks everyone.

-Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kirchbed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: More Maggie info....please help.

If you're worried about a potential $299 axle upgrade you should know this... unless you're doing the maggie install yourself a maggie + proper install is going to cost you (bundled) 1.5x the cost of the maggie itself.

Roidz24 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V

Quote Originally Posted by kirchbed View Post
    If you're worried about a potential $299 axle upgrade you should know this... unless you're doing the maggie install yourself a maggie + proper install is going to cost you (bundled) 1.5x the cost of the maggie itself.
    I would put it in myself. $299 a piece isn't bad at all for the axles. I'm just worried about how much everything will add up to if I get the 122 and need the more expensive axles and whatever else I may need.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

If your gonna do the 122 you better add in a forged bottom end, or the rebuild after you grenade the thing.

justin311 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

The only 122 V install that I've read about was Jesse @ W4M performance.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Hopefully this will be my time to go 122 considering I'm maggieless right now. Only problem is money!

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    If your gonna do the 122 you better add in a forged bottom end, or the rebuild after you grenade the thing.
    Im not picking on you ,ive seen several coments like this and wonder why you never see anyone say this about the new 1900 as it is stronger than the 122.The 122 will make enuff power to break your piston skirts but it takes alot of spining and mods to get it to that level.A 122 on the stock motor will work great and have lower iat s than the 112.There are how ever VERY FEW 122s left and there is diffently not a stack of ctsv blowers at magnason,the last one i ordered had to be built as do all the kitts i buy,they build them when i pay.

When I get told by Brian that they (Magnusson) do not reccomend that you use a 122 without doing the bottom end, I listen.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    When I get told by Brian that they (Magnusson) do not reccomend that you use a 122 without doing the bottom end, I listen.
    No problem,bet they dont say that for the 1900 tho do they?HHMM

IMO your courting disaster if you don't do anything to strenghten the bottom end and you run more then 9 lbs of boost.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.